Patch Notes for Baldur's Gate 3 features an overview of all the patches released by the developer Larian Studios. The following patches are free and are released via online update, these patches focus on game balance, performance and localization issues.
Baldur's Gate 3 Patch Notes
Release date 14/12/2022
Added the paladin class with the Oath of the Ancients and Oath of Devotion subclasses. Added the hidden Oathbreaker subclass, which triggers if you break your oath.
Increased the level cap to Level 5.
Added the Fly spell.
Revamped the Reactions system.
Rebalanced combat encounters in late Act 1.
Added new spells and spell scrolls.
Added a ping system, usable outside of combat and during your turn in combat.
Overhauled the tooltips.
Extended Combat Cams to player and enemy melee Critical Hits, summons, Wild Shapes, and several spells and abilities.
Added Command spell variants.
Made Minthara a paladin.
You can now delete save files by playthrough.
You can now dismiss summons with a dedicated action.*
Added a new Level Up button and improved visual cues for levelling.
Added female human and elf heads to Character Creation.
Characters who attempt to play an instrument they're not Proficient with now fail spectacularly.
Removed non-wizard spell scrolls from NPCs except Revivify, Summon Quasit, True Resurrection, and Speak with Dead.
Added shop triggers. If you try to pick up items owned by certain traders, they will offer to trade.
Mage Hand no longer prevents you from summoning Ranger's Companions and familiars.
Made quarterstaffs Versatile.*
You now accrue dirt and blood more slowly, Prone makes you a bit dirtier, and Wet cleans you.
CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
Fixed crash when loading savegames.
Fixed crash when adjusting UI settings.
Fixed crash when selling items that don't belong in Trade view.
Fixed crash when repeatedly preparing to Throw.
Fixed blocker when playing Gale's flute after killing a magma mephit.
Fixed blocker when running past Mirkon towards the harpies.
Added a Smart AI to increase behavioural differences between animals and humanoids. Notable humanoid fighters now know when actions won't succeed and when to prioritise easy wins.
Made NPCs better at deciding when to Shove characters to their death.
Made NPCs more patient and smarter with healing spells, preferring to heal those with lower HP.
Adjusted Halsin's HP, removed upcasted spells from his spell list, gave him Call Lightning, and made his spell usage more varied.
Improved Astarion's combat strategies.
Made Gekh Coal Level 6, increased his HP, and rebalanced his attributes.
Made Mask of Regret Level 4.
Made Filro and BOOOAL Level 5 and increased the latter's HP.
Updated Baretha's attributes.
Gave Barth the appearance and stats befitting a high half-elf.
Improved Blighted Village ambush, making one of the Trackers smarter.
Improved the Great Weapon Fighting reroll boost.
Gave Murmath Basic Poisons.
Gave Sharp-Eye Eef Arrow of Roaring Thunder.
Confiscated Sharp-Eye Zami's scimitar.
In the magma mephit combat, an extra mephit spawns per wave and the second wave starts after 2 kills.
Added a magma mephit to the adamantine golem combat.
Tweaked stats and levels of the dead duergar and gnomes near Gekh Coal.
Improved minotaur's use of Reckless Roar.
Intellect devourers' unarmed ranged attack is now Dexterity, improving their chances of hitting Synaptic Discharge.
You now have Advantage when attacking dying hyenas.
Gave the bulette higher HP and faster regeneration, Proficiency in Dexterity and Strength Saves, and the ability to apply Acid when Biting. It can now act as soon as it joins combat.
Gave Proficiency in Dexterity and Intelligence Saves to all kuo-toa and fixed their obsession with Net. They can no longer Net already-trapped targets.
Made Flaming Fist Ephren more likely to use her poison vial.
Sword spiders are now Level 5 and have Extra Attack instead of a second action.
Some duergar around Grymforge now have Extra Attack.
Increased the hag's AC and weight, gave her Saving Throw Proficiencies, and changed Ray of Sickness to an action.
Gave Grym's Slam a small AoE; fixed its Stomp ability; increased its HP, AC, and damage; gave it Dexterity and Wisdom Save Proficiencies; and made sure that mephits can act as soon as they join the combat.
Increased hellsboars' HP and Strength, made them Resistant to Poison, and gave them a passive that applies Burning.
Mud mephits can now Fly.
Made the gate to the grove more fragile.
Removed Toughness from Spider Eggs.
Improved ogres' ability to throw barrels with goblins in them.
Gave the Grymforge clerics Silence and Glyph of Warding: Lightning, and removed Bane.
Ogres no longer have javelins but they learnt how to throw stones.
Made several tweaks to minotaurs, hook horrors, lava elementals, animated armours, and Bernard.
Flaming Spheres are no longer indestructible and they can no longer use potions or scrolls.
You can now remove spectators' Paralysed condition with a successful Saving Throw.
Gave some melee characters javelins.
Made the raven and dire raven Small and the red dragon Huge.
Spells, Actions, and Conditions
Beacon of Hope
Bestow Curse: Attack Disadvantage/Debuff Ability/Extra Damage/Skip Turn
Branding Smite (Melee/Ranged)
Command: Approach/Drop/Flee/Grovel/Compelled Duel
Daylight: Enchant Item/Sphere
Glyph of Warding: Detonation/Explosive Runes/Sleep
Hunger of Hadar
Lay on Hands
Mass Healing Word
One with Shadows
Protection from Energy: Acid/Cold/Fire/Lightning/Thunder
Turn the Faithless
Turn the Unholy
Vow of Enmity
Bear Honeyed Paws
Boar Frenzied Strike
Duergar Animate Dead
Raven Bad Omen
Giant Spider Entomb
Invisibility now lasts 10 turns.
When Hiding, Shove now grants an Advantage roll instead of succeeding automatically.
Speedy Sparks can now be synergised with Chain of Liberation's Sprint.
Psychic Spark (previously Sapphire Spark) now grants an additional Magic Missile dart instead of a Damage Bonus.
Cutting Words damage reduction is no longer doubled on Critical Hit.
Made waypoints easier to click.
Updated overhead icon that indicates when someone wants to talk to you.
Added overhead feedback for when a Saving Throw outcome applies to a condition.
Improved animations for sheathing and stowing weapons gamewide.
Enabled Riposte reaction by default.
Updated suggested cantrips for high elves and half-elves, sorcerers, warlocks, and wizards.
Party members no longer copy each other's lines in multiplayer.
You no longer have to jump to get to the nautiloid's upper deck.
Improved navigation near grove entrance for larger Ranger's Companions.
Timmask spore clouds now spread further.
Animated armours are now one swarm, as are Murmath's spiders.
Asharak no longer leaps from ramparts while defending his home.
Rats in the grove now flee if you attack them... lest they reveal their secrets.
Rebalanced the weights of common items.
Made it harder to destroy items like doors and chests.
Bards' starting armour is now a Simple Jerkin.
You can no longer use the Bitter Divorce wand to resurrect party members without limits.
You can no longer use the Second Marriage wand more than once in and out of combat.
You no longer roll a Perception check on already-triggered tripwires.
Wyll's eye no longer contains hidden gold or weighs a kilogram.
Replaced Goblin's Drawing placeholder with a scroll.
Left ALT highlights Sickle of BOOOAL.*
Spells, Actions, and Conditions
Activate Witch Bolt no longer needs you to pick a target and deals damage to all linked targets.
Great Old One warlocks now have Phantasmal Force.
Agonising Blast is now part of Eldritch Blast's initial damage.
Cloud of Daggers and Moonbeam now remove Curse of Regret from targets.
Minor Illusion is now only dispelled if an NPC passes a Perception check.
Story and Continuity
Made the game better at tracking stolen items.
Removed enthralled fishermen at crash site.
Gribbo and her allies turn hostile if Dror Ragzlin is killed.
Added a follow-up for bards who successfully deceive Rugan.
You can return the boots to Thrinn even if you didn't get the quest from Gekh Coal.
Gekh Coal's fellow duergar turn hostile around Glut.
You need to click on Gale to get the scene where he talks to his mirror image.
Liam approaches you when freed and healed.
Tieflings become hostile if you kill one of their guards. If you help defend the grove, they'll forgive you.
Improved myconids' behaviour after Glut's revenge quest.
Avenge Glut's Circle now flows even if you killed Spaw before Gekh Coal.
Quality of Life
Rolls during dialogues display the line you selected.
When lockpicking or disarming, the roll now clearly indicates which tool you're using.
Added a warning to the Reward pop-up and disabled the Claim button if you have a summon selected so you don't lose your reward.
You can hide tooltips that appear when hovering over a portrait in combat by right-clicking.
Selecting an equipped item in the hotbar unequips it.
Added option to choose your character's identity, allowing non-gendered appearance options. English only for now; other languages will follow.
Added missing race-based spells.
Added resistances given by the Wasteland Wanderer passives for Natural Explorer rangers.
Rewrote all spell and action tooltips for clarity and brevity.
Tooltips now expand (pin them or hold ALT) to show extra information.
Tooltips now clearly indicate what happens if a spell or action misses or if the enemy Saves.
Tooltips now clearly indicate the effect of upcasting.
Tooltips for spells and actions that create a surface or summon now indicate what is created and its duration.
Summon tooltips now indicate duration.
Tooltips now indicate when spells and actions need an Attack Roll and show roll details.
Tooltips now clearly indicate if a spell requires a Saving Throw from the target.
Added AoE to embedded tooltips.
Barbarian actions that require Rage now warn you when the barbarian doesn't have Rage.
Wrote the Skittish (previously Easily Frightened) passive.
Made it easier to see the 'Available only when Raging' warning for Diving Strike.
Added descriptions for Darkness clouds and Ash surfaces.
Rewrote barbarians' Rage bonus action and condition tooltips and the Expertise tooltip, which now appears in dialogue skill checks when applied.
Added Dexterity Saving Throw indicator to the Grease spell tooltip.
Added 'Companion' in 'Wolf Companion'.
Adjusted how cambions' AC is displayed to account for modifiers.
Inventories now scroll if you drag items near their edges.
Made search filter smarter. For example, 'food' shows camp supplies.
Items now leave the inventory when equipped.
Improved readability for large item stacks.
Added spells cast by items that do damage.
Added Healing tooltips with descriptions and breakdowns.
Added Attack roll modifiers that total 0.
Added description for Potion of Vitality condition.
Clarified Fall damage breakdown.
Clarified messages about Critical Failures.
Set minimum screen resolution to 1024x768 or 1280x720.
You can now open the menu with ESC during a roll.
Removed Party Management keybind.
Temporarily removed the 'Show on Map' button.
Added previews for Cloud Quality settings.
Equipment slots no longer light up for non-controlled characters in multiplayer.
Improved error messages for connection errors in the multiplayer lobby and for being unable to join a session when the party is full.
Adjusted some creatures' names, types, and descriptions in the Examine window.
Upcastable spell slots now show the lowest possible casting level.
If a trader rejects your barter offer because you didn't offer anything, you now have to change your offer to barter again.
Character Sheet now displays your max speed.
Destroying a container while looking at what's inside now closes the window.
Gave Counsellor Florrick the title she deserves.
Renamed standing torches to distinguish them from equippable ones.
Shields now have SFX when blocking attacks.
Improved sound occlusion. Sound now reaches you from more logical directions and is higher quality.
Improved sound focus when hovering over characters.
Made explosions more kaboomy.
Lowered the volume of the verbal component of spells.
The Perform audio and animation for bards now start simultaneously.
The nautiloid's floor no longer sounds wooden.
A certain bugbear and ogre now stop making noises when you walk in.
Radius of light from equipable and stationary light sources now matches gameplay more closely.
Light cantrip now has the same light radius as a torch.
Updated Flaming Fist uniforms.
Metals now shine in the moonlight.
Improved lighting in Underdark campsites.
Improved visuals around the druids' sacred pool after their defeat.
Decorated the area near the gith patrol to foreshadow what's to come.
Made halflings' Hide animation less villainous.
Improved female elves' idle animation.
Improved animation for cancelling the precast of a spell in combat.
Changed swing to stab when using Crippling Strike or Piercing Thrust with a shield.
Shadowheart now holds the artefact on the beach before you talk to her.
Liam now lies on the bedroll in the same position as when you talk to him.
Liam's torture rack now falls apart and remains broken if destroyed.
Added a scene for when you kill the bear in the worg pens.
Added emotions tooxen at the grove.
Added acting for party members in background at camp with Raphael.
Improved lighting with Lae'zel at nautiloid helm.
Improved lighting with Gale at camp.
Improved locket animation in Barth and Meli's scene.
Removed FXAA support in favour of SMAA, TAA, DLSS, DLAA, and FSR.
Told druids not to hog CPU resources after finishing their ritual.
Optimised performance to fix issues causing FPS drops.
Great Old One warlocks now have the Mortal Reminder feature.
Withers' shop inventory now resets after a Long Rest.
You can no longer add any ol' Spell Bonus to specific Ability Checks.
Animals no longer swear if you attack them.
Pact of the Chain imp now benefits from Short Rests.
Soul Echoes can no longer be Shoved.
Fixed line-of-sight previews.
You can now sit while Hiding.
Fixed characters of smaller races getting stuck after being put to Sleep and Shoved.
Grease is no longer Dippable.
You can no longer spam the spell and ability icons.
Falling off the nautiloid in multiplayer no longer triggers Game Over if a player character is still alive.
You can no longer Shove the mind flayer at the crash site.
Bards' Expertise bonus to Deception now applies correctly with the bandits outside the Chapel.
The patrolling duergar at Grymforge can now spot you trying to Hide.
Nat 1s and Nat 20s no longer get bonuses and Proficiencies added to the final tally if you skip the roll animation.*
Combat no longer ends prematurely if you're far from enemies and go to Sleep.
Combat now triggers if you choose to attack an NPC that caught you crimin'.
NPCs can target Mayrina again.
If the hag is Silenced, she can no longer teleport Mayrina away.
Haseid can no longer land Critical Hits.
Male gith no longer fire two projectiles on their first two-handed crossbow shot.
Eldritch Knights and Arcane Tricksters can now replace a spell at Level 4.
Off-screen characters can no longer be hit by spells.
Weapons Dipped in fire now explode explosive barrels.
Concentration effects and conditions granted by certain items no longer remain active if you switch to a different item.
Turrets at the Selûnite Outpost now respect the rules of combat.
Halsin now looks for you even if you Hide and move far away.
Removed Gale's Necrosis aura when he's thrown into a chasm.
Sword spiders now jump onto ramparts and actually do something on their turn.
The spectator can now reach and Unpetrify that one drow.
NPCs can now join combat even if they're far away.
Auntie Ethel now poofs away if you enter combat with Mayrina's brothers.
NPCs at grove entrance no longer turn hostile if you knock out and kill the last enemy.*
Oozes' projectiles no longer fire through floors in Grymforge.
Choosing to attack Gekh Coal through dialogue now triggers combat.
Fixed Attack of Opportunity not triggering for wildshaped characters with a ranged weapon equipped.
Fixed Nere's Shield of Screams.
Fixed extra damage using wrong damage type if you throw your weapon while Raging.
Fixed issue preventing redcaps from taking their turn.
Fixed enemies with grouped initiative skipping their actions.
Fixed camera getting stuck when fighting the bulette.
Fixed camera panning to target in Combat Cam view.
Fixed join-leave loop when the Foundation Block at the Chapel falls on a familiar.*
Fixed Saving Throw Proficiencies of NPC wizards.
You can block gas pits with crates again.
Made many unreachable items reachable.*
Ensured that Headband of Intellect sits comfortably on male gith heads.
Chain Mail, Splint Armour, and Plate Armour now correctly grant Disadvantage on Stealth checks.
Poisoner's Robe poison Damage Bonus now only affects spells that deal poison damage.*
You can no longer interact with items if you fail an associated Ability Check.
You can no longer disarm unreachable traps.
Using a nautiloid restoration pod no longer kills familiars.*
Fixed floating brain jar and some buggy viscous chairs on the nautiloid.
Made a nautiloid pillar indestructible.
You can now interact with the plaques in the grove.*
Fixed a forest tree causing 'Can't see!' error when trying to move a boulder.
You can now loot a chest at the Goblin Camp without turning all of Grymforge hostile.
Fixed random bottles with missing text appearing in the Traveller's Chest after leaving a minicamp.
You can now use the Adamantine Forge more than once.
Moved a buggy chest in the Festering Cove.
You can now move a loose stone in Grymforge.
Fixed issue preventing you from stacking items from above.
Spells, Actions, and Conditions
You no longer remain Prone after a Long Rest.
Sleep no longer affects those immune to Charmed.
Lesser Restoration can no longer remove Charmed.
Armour of Agathys can no longer damage attackers that use a Throw attack.
Targeting AoE spells at yourself now shows an AoE preview. They also cast correctly.
NPCs no longer fail spellcasting if they open a door to move.
Fixed error preventing you from casting Tasha's Hideous Laughter on certain creatures.
Added missing visual components to Teleportation spells.
Added ending animations and appropriate SFX to Rage spells.
Silence now silences harpies' Luring Song.
Story and Continuity
NPCs no longer know you've interacted with doors to forbidden places if they weren't there to see you.
Original owners of pickpocketed items now recognise those items as their own.
Gale now actually leaves after he bids you adieu.
Clerics of Tyr can now talk to Anders after refusing his quest.
Lae'zel no longer mentions needing to speak to Zorru if she already has.
Made DC to lockpick Liam's torture rack consistent.
Brakkal can now leave his cage after being saved.
Glut's dialogue no longer repeats if you already killed the duergar before starting Avenge Glut's Circle.
When he's in your party, Wyll can now intervene in Speak with Dead dialogues with Spike.*
Choosing bard option in Johl and Demir's confrontation of Auntie Ethel doesn't kill them anymore.
Insight check in Doni's dialogue now gives correct outcomes.
Mentioning the Scrying Eye to Thrinn as a gnome no longer cuts dialogue short.
Fixed Gale repeating a line about Mayrina's husband.
Recovered missing subtitles when talking to Trinzas.
Fixed width of tooltip titles to avoid overlapping text.
Fixed wrong description showing up for rock gnomes' Artificer's Lore passive.
Comparisons now work correctly for Shield tooltip.
Menacing Attack now indicates the condition it applies.
Supplies tooltip now indicates number of supplies needed for Long Rest.
Removed extra plus symbol from Combat Inspiration description.
Removed placeholder text from crab and spider familiars' class action tooltips.
Corrected several descriptions for NPC spells and conditions.
Made descriptions for standard and enhanced versions of bards' Heroism spell consistent.
Made Silence spell description consistent with its effect.
Removed range from Runepowder Barrel and Runepowder Vial.
Icons and Portraits
Fixed flickering icons for Shield Master and Warding Flare conditions.
Added missing icons for cupboards.
Fixed placeholder icons for various conditions.
Fixed icon for Restrained condition on Liam.
Fixed Glut's portrait not disappearing if you travel to camp via waypoint.
Fixed a redcap with a goblin portrait.
Fixed NPC portraits not enlarging during their turn.
Fixed multiplayer issue preventing clients from loading the game if both host and client are on GOG and connected via the Online tab.
Removed Dart and Sling Proficiencies from Weapon Master feat.
Locked inventories in multiplayer now remain locked.
Fixed Level Up button not appearing after loading a savegame.
Fixed hit chance percentage on creatures with Bane.
Renamed a torch in the Arcane Tower pretending to be a candle.*
Party Line now updates correctly for summons summoning summons.
Fixed gaps in background of Spells window during Character Creation and Level Up.*
Fixed 'Hide Completed' option in Quest Journal.*
Fixed selected quest not being highlighted when reopened in Journal.
Inspecting a summon, follower, or party member via Party Line no longer opens their Character Sheet.
Fixed visual issues relating to targets' health bars.
Items no longer change slot when added again through Character Sheet.
Fixed Throw UI closing when selecting an item.
Fixed some Portuguese lines running over their text boxes.
Fixed stopwatch animation for Turn-Based Mode when switching from a character in combat to one in real-time.
Clicking upper half of character portraits now selects them correctly.
Cursor icon now updates when attacking interactable objects.
Fixed Examine window not showing burnt or dead Halsin.
Fixed issues with lock-mouse-to-window setting and edge-panning.*
Fixed potions not showing up correctly in Examine window.
Added verbal components of Disguise Self and Hex.
Added SFX for Lunar Mend, destroying potions, and male elves' unarmed attacks.
Added SFX when dropping fruits from inventory. The silence was no longer fruitful.
Fixed SFX when dropping Soul Coins.
Added SFX for closing windows with ESC.
Fixed VFX glitches, particularly on fur and hair.
Fixed Gale looking bald when viewed from a distance.*
Female gnomes no longer get Shadowheart-inspired hairstyle when equipping Studded Leather Armour.
Fixed ochre jelly bleeding red.
Fixed invisible floors on nautiloid.
Added VFX for breaking log bridge between forest and Goblin Camp.
Fixed blood and dirt not appearing correctly on clothing and armour.
Fixed glow behind druid runes in Underground Passage.
Fixed Guidance VFX highlighting breasts of characters in armour.
Made Mattis blonde again.
Fixed flickering on cloud surfaces.
Fixed bug when preparing bard spells in or near water.
Added Detect Thoughts VFX for Crusher and one Goblin Brawler.
Fixed lighting in and around Owlbear Nest and Hidden Vault.
Fixed fading issues in Shattered Sanctum.
Fixed Gekh Coal's hair floating when Prone.
Fixed bugs like floating objects and transparent roofs.
Withers' tomb no longer remains dark after you gain access.
Fixed being able to Misty Step straight to Arcane Tower's lowest hallway.
Fixed being able to jump to Nere from across the poison chambers.*
Made the ground under Arcane Tower's stairs unwalkable.
Halflings can now jump onto a cliff near where you first see Astarion.
Made specific rock in Shattered Sanctum walkable.
Fixed disappearing terrain when rotating camera into rocks in Secluded Chamber.
Fixed terrain visibility and fading issues at crash site.
You can no longer land in awkward places when jumping into chasm in Shattered Sanctum.
Fixed trees blocking access to Risen Road waypoint.
Fixed camera getting stuck in Putrid Bog and near Goblin Camp waypoint.
You can no longer glitch to Adamantine Forge's upper level.
Fixed followers getting stuck when jumping to another party member.
Taught halflings how to sit on benches.
Mind flayers now flail their tentacles when attacking.
You now show emotions during Astarion's bitey scene.
You no longer get stuck in the falling or climbing animation.
Fixed Alfira's invisible lute.
Fixed animation for summoning familiars in combat.
Fixed Bardic Inspiration animation stopping prematurely.
Fixed animation for weapons held by female characters when rotating camera.
Fixed animation for Produce Flame: Hurl.
Fixed several issues with bards of small races playing instruments.
Fixed animation for male elves preparing unarmed attacks.
Fixed wrong VFX for dwarves using Slash with two-handed swords.
Added VFX and SFX for male elves attacking with dual-wielding weapons.
Fixed characters repeating movements when panning camera away and then back.
Torches no longer make cinematic scenes blindingly bright.*
Beldron no longer loses his head after being freed.
Connor no longer appears twice during his resurrection.*
Laridda and Lunkbug now hold their pickaxes properly.
Fixed Commander Zhalk's sword blipping out of existence.
Repositioned floating props on nautiloid's upper deck in dragon scene.
Removed creepy extra harpy when talking to Mirkon.
Restored windmill cinematic.
Fixed Gale and Astarion's lines when talking to Flaming Fist at Waukeen's Rest.
Fixed Scratch's mouth at camp.
Fixed Detect Thoughts VFX and SFX in several scenes.
Fixed lighting for bards on nautiloid's lower deck.
Fixed lighting and issues when talking to Us.
Fixed camera for small races at camp.
Fixed Lae'zel taking on the appearance of gith players.
Fixed jump cut and camera when recruiting Shadowheart.
Fixed Wyll's blurry face when he bids the party adieu.
Fixed issues with dwarves during Volo's operation.
Fixed Taman's movements at Chapel.
Fixed gnome characters looking unnatural in bugbear scene.
Fixed animations for Minthara's minions and lighting during grove attack.
Fixed screen going black in hag's talking door scene.
Fixed Halsin speaking through his eyelids while wildshaped.
Fixed Wyll sitting like a frog while chained up.
Fixed grass obscuring small races' view of Auntie Ethel.
Fixed dark patch beside mushroom circle in Underdark.
Fixed lighting when reaching Grymforge and talking to Spaw and to Shadowheart there.
Fixed line cutting off if you have runepowder while talking to Thrinn.
Fixed lighting after using Detect Thoughts on Philomeen.
Fixed visual issues with dreams and morning after Astarion gets bitey.
Fixed lighting at night with Gale.
Fixed lighting at camp with Lae'zel.
Fixed visual issues at hideout with Oskar.
Clipping, Popping, and Other Oddities
Fixed humans twitching on bedrolls.
Fixed Trinzas' twitches, slides, and stiff hands.
Fixed Fezzerk's clipping axe and armour.
Fixed female bards twitching when Performing.
Fixed wildshaped wolf's neck.
Fixed enthralled NPCs on the nautiloid standing up.
Fixed Olodan stretching when you're confronting Kagha.
Fixed clips and pops in scenes with Lae'zel and the patrol; Shadowheart on the nautiloid; Priestess Gut; Gekh Coal; Anders and his companions; Gribbo; Brithvar and Kur; Stonemason Kith; the mirror in the hag's lair; Halsin at camp; Larissa; and John, Demir, and Auntie Ethel.
Fixed issues with mind flayer at crash site; Rolan, Cal, and Lia; Doni; Jeorna; Thulla; a Restless Myconid; and Spaw.
Fixed issues after freeing Nere, when recruiting Astarion, when Astarion has the Necromancy of Thay, when denouncing Kagha, at camp with Raphael, with bards at camp with Minthara, and with Lae'zel and the Elaborate Slate.
Fixed mind flayer issues before falling out of nautiloid.
Fixed clipping issues with cambion at nautiloid helm.
Fixed dragon's head clipping through nautiloid.
Fixed lighting pops, freezes, and misplaced altar at camp with Minthara.
Fixed Booyahg Piddle's pop.
Fixed Petrified Drow's pop.
Fixed Lurgan clipping in Underdark.
Fixed small races clipping into boat at Grymforge.
Fixed party members clipping when hearing Absolute at Grymforge.
Fixed jitters with deep rothé.
Fixed Dark Justiciar Helm clipping on gnomes.
Fixed characters popping when dying.
Release date 7/7/2022
Patch 8 for Baldur’s Gate 3 has taken to the stage, bringing with it the brand new bard class, playable gnomes, Swarm AI, and countless other improvements and fixes demonstrating how much the game has been growing and maturing throughout our journey in early access. We’re also delighted to add another language to our lexicon. Brazilian Portuguese players, we’ve heard your requests and are pleased to present it as an officially supported language.
Mac users, Patch 8 will arrive soon. We’ve got a little bit of bug hunting left to do on the platform, so keep your eyes on our feeds for further news. To tide you over until then, here are the full notes for Patch 8.
These just keep getting longer, huh? If you’re after a deep dive into Patch 8, then we have a Community Update available right now. Without delay, let’s raise the curtain, tune the orchestra, and dive into the full notes.
Patch notes related to community-reported issues and feedback are indicated with an asterisk. Like this.*
- We are thrilled to announce the bard class! Hurl pithy one-liners at your enemies, play songs with your companions by the campfire, and marvel at the unique VFX and SFX for each attack! The bard class has the College of Lore and College of Valour subclasses.
- Musical instruments can be used by any class with the Performer feat at Level 4. You can perform songs anywhere you like, but be prepared for certain NPCs to react to your performances or even join in. And if they really appreciate your musical abilities, you could find yourself walking away with a reward.
- Gnomes are now a playable race! There are three gnome subraces with their own traits: rock gnomes, forest gnomes, and deep gnomes. All gnomes start with Gnome Cunning and +2 Intelligence, and we’ve added gnome reactivity to dialogues and situations. (And don’t tell them we said this, but they make some mean projectiles.)
- Ranged critical hits now have combat cameras! Watching your projectiles pierce your enemies has never been cooler.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 is now playable in Brazilian Portuguese - vamo nessa!
- Added new spells! Try out the spells available to all: Calm Emotions, Enthral, Heroism, Phantasmal Force, and Vicious Mockery. And if you’re playing as a Bard, have a go at Cutting Words, Song of Rest, and a certain new tadpole power.
- Added a new hair-shading model, gave all hairstyles an upgrade, and made all of our 66 hairstyles available to every single race and body type.*
- Added a hair highlight feature to character creation.
- Added a grey hair feature to character creation.
- Implemented Swarm AI, which is a quality-of-life improvement that bands together minor creatures (like animals and goblins) so that they act faster. They all move at the same time and then take quick turns to attack instead of each taking a full turn to move and then attack. This means that your experience in fights with numerous enemies is now a lot smoother and faster.*
- Rogues now have access to Expertise at Level 1.*
- Added digging! You can now use a shovel to dig up treasures and secrets in hidden locations throughout Act 1.
- Added sustained emotion acting to cinematics. We’ve created a library of facial animations that allows characters to continue emoting realistically instead of reverting to a neutral stance while you make decisions during dialogues.
- Added cinematic acting for background characters: We’ve added more support for companions in the background of dialogues so that they are aware of and react to the drama unfolding before them.
- It's time for the elves to step forward and stand out as a uniquely animated race. They have been graced by elegant and refined poses, and are eager to demonstrate to the world their exotic fighting style.
- Detect Thoughts has had a rework! As we continue to work on the SFX and VFX, you can now choose to cast Detect Thoughts from within dialogues instead of having to cast it beforehand.
- A new type of cinematic dialogue now triggers if you commit a crime. Will you persuade the NPC to let you go or will they see through your ruse?
- The sunlight through the clouds now has a bigger effect on shadows and lighting, and gameplay is now more closely aligned with the light and dark areas you see in the game.
- Revamped the lighting across Act 1 for improved visuals and readability.
- Implemented sound occlusion: The game now simulates the behaviour of sounds coming from other rooms and behind doors. This prevents sound from travelling through walls or closed doors.
- Introduced auditory attenuation: A series of dynamic audio-mixing features now enhance immersion by focusing on your actions and dynamically selecting the most important elements of the soundscape.
- Added 10 new skin colours, in Neutral, Cool, Warm, Pallid, and Blush tones, to character creation.
- Gale has received visual updates to his face and hair.
- Class passive features are now displayed in the Character Sheet.*
- The movement bar on the HUD has been redesigned and is now much easier to see.
- Low spec PCs no longer become unresponsive and fail to load world assets when loading specific save files.
- Implemented the first phase of our networking improvements, meaning that players with slower and less reliable internet connections should see a noticeable improvement in stability and reduction of lag when playing multiplayer with their friends.
- Implemented and now provide support for Nvidia DLAA as an anti-aliasing alternative.
- Implemented a shipload of UI updates. Check out the extensive list in the UI section below!
- You can now cast Mage Hand while you have a summoned familiar active.*
- Ranger’s Companions and familiars can now gain health with a Short Rest.
- Creatures summoned with the Ranger's Companion feature and Find Familiar spell now remain with the party after a Long Rest.*
CHANGES AND FIXES
- Crashes, Freezes, and Blockers
You can now take a Long Rest at camp even if one of your companions is dead.
- The game no longer crashes if you decide you really want to spam-click the Go to Camp button.
- The game no longer crashes when you spam-click in the Trade window.
- The game no longer crashes when you choose to 'do nothing' about Astarion holding a blade to your throat.
- The game no longer crashes when you’re readying the Throw action and hovering the cursor over a dismissed summon.
- The game no longer crashes when killing a summon holding Concentration.
- The game no longer crashes when you drink the potion Auntie Ethel gives you at the Druid Grove.
- The game no longer crashes when you open a spell container from a hotbar filter after you’ve removed that spell from the main hotbar.
- The game no longer gets stuck on a black screen if you commit a crime before telling Zevlor you’d like to go to camp to celebrate the goblins’ defeat.
- Your character no longer gets stuck if they get shoved while Sleeping.
- The launcher no longer enters offline mode on a whim.
- Fixed a crash related to the Inventory UI.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when you had multiple Examine windows open and closed one.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when tweaking and reverting the graphical settings related to FSR and Ultra Quality.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when sending a weapon that appeared in the same slot as another one in the Melee Main Hand filter to another character.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent you from controlling your character if you were playing as Us when you landed on the Crash Site.
- Fixed a rare bug causing you to be unable to start dialogues with anyone else.
- The loading screen no longer gets stuck after you disconnect.
- The game no longer crashes during character selection.
- The game no longer crashes when starting the game in the lobby.
- Fixed an issue that prevented clients from rejoining a session if the game crashed.*
- Fixed an issue causing you to sometimes get a black screen or enter an eternal slumber when taking a Long Rest.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when switching companions while in dialogue.
- Fixed the Direct Connections checkbox being deselected due to a NatPunch error.
- You no longer get stuck in the lobby if you join the host via an invite before you’ve made a profile and if your Larian Studios game folder is located in Documents.
- The source of an advantage or disadvantage applied by a spell is now indicated clearly in the target info section at the top of the screen.
- Improved user experience by allowing summons and followers to use consumables from other characters' inventories.
- Added UI feedback for when characters heal.
- Equipped items now unequip on double-click.
- Allied and neutral characters now have a different portrait border colour in the Combat Turn Order UI.
- There is now an indicator at the top of the screen to indicate that you're in Turn-Based Mode.
- Audio options now reset to default correctly.
- You can now cut, copy, and paste text into password fields.
- You can now see the savegame version number in the savegame load menu.
- Temporary hit points are now visible in the Party Line on the left of the screen.
- Invulnerable entities and characters no longer display '-1/1' as their HP. One does not merely minus HP.
- The sort-by-latest option in the Inventory no longer shows the oldest items first.
- Added a notification and overlay to the filtered Inventory to provide better feedback about dragging and dropping items.
- Dragging an item from your Inventory into an equipment slot now provides better feedback through highlights.
- The Barter window now shows the correct gold value when you drag in items.
- Inventory slots now update correctly when you drag stacked items from the Barter window back into your Inventory.
- Improved the readability of the text indicating the number of stacked items in your Inventory.
- Fixed the size of the Inventory when changing tabs in Party View.
- Fixed an issue causing multiple items to stack on top of each other when using the Show Party Inventory filter.
- Fixed some NPCs' dialogues showing up on the UI and the combat log even if they're really far away. (Sorry, 'Weeping Dawn' will no longer haunt you wherever you go.)*
- Switching characters by clicking on a portrait in the Trade window no longer causes characters to briefly appear in T-pose.
- The combat log now shows all the sources of modifiers even if their addition results in a 0.
- In multiplayer, skipping through the dice roll animation in active rolls and dialogue checks will now show you the final roll amount, including any added bonuses.
- Renamed the quest tab in the journal to 'Quest Journal'.
- Targets that cannot be targeted by a projectile no longer get highlighted if you aim at them.
- Implemented a fix related to the FSR graphics settings causing the item highlights to be offset on mouseover.
- The Downed condition is now displayed on your portrait in real-time mode.
- You no longer have the option to Combine anvils and workbenches.
- Selecting Group Toggle Mode as a summon no longer tells you that the group is too far away.
- Toggleable passives are now listed in the Character Features tab.
- Selecting a party member's portrait now highlights it correctly.
- Glossy items no longer vibrate in the Examine window.
- Successfully combining items no longer causes important pop-ups to close automatically, never to be seen again.
- The speech bubble that appears when you mouse-over NPCs no longer has a little red cross beneath it, which suggested you couldn’t talk to them.
- Improved feedback and functionality when pressing the escape key while having other panels and windows open.
- Clicking and holding the left mouse button and then releasing it over a portrait no longer selects a character.
- Fixed an issue that would occur if you named your character ‘<>’.
- Removed the 'Send to Camp' option for items that are already at camp.
- The target info section at the top of the screen no longer blocks you from targeting enemies behind the text.
- In the target info section, the damage and damage type now display correctly if you Dip your weapon.
- Modifiers in the target info section are no longer cut off.
- The text in the Inspired notification no longer gets clipped.
- The journal and map windows and any open panels now close when a tutorial pop-up appears.
- Fixed certain keys (backspace, enter, arrow keys...) not being detected by text boxes.
- The F keybind is no longer assigned to both the Toggle Weapon and the Previous Hotbar commands.
- The cursor icon now changes to a text cursor to indicate where you can input text.
- The Filter panel in Party View no longer gets cut off when you have four characters.
- The Level Up button no longer appears during combat.
- The Temporary Hit Points UI now disappears after they're depleted.
- There are now more loading screen hints about Darkvision.
- Updated the hotbar art.
- Updated the End Turn and Flee buttons.
- Grouped the Rest actions in a new menu.
- Restyled the Bonus HP indicator.
- Restyled the Movement bar, which is now circular and indicates movement costs.
- Added a button that takes you to the character whose turn it currently is in combat.
- Added a purple dot on hotbar weapon slots to indicate whether the weapon has an active condition.
- Fixed the resource bar not scaling with the resource amount.
- Updated the Weapon Actions and Upcast drawers on the hotbar.
- Ensured that the passive features of summoned creatures now appear on their hotbar.
- Weapon actions no longer disappear from your filter views when you remove them from the hotbar.
- The Equipped Weapon filter on the hotbar no longer shows duplicates.
- Fixed some issues causing items to not appear correctly on the hotbar when playing as a Wild-Shaped druid.
- Fixed the alignment for weapon slots on the hotbar.
- Fixed the positioning of hotbar conditions when there are more than three of them.
- You can now cast spells correctly using the spell containers that open through hotbar filters.
- Fixed several issues related to hotbar filters.
- Fixed visual animation jitters for the Class and Items hotbar drawers.
- The average damage range in weapon tooltips now includes the damage that's applied by Dipping your weapon into a damaging surface.
- The tooltips for ranged attacks and spells with ranges under 2m now indicate that they are within melee range.
- Improved the visual presentation of tooltips.○
- Tooltips now update correctly when weapon damage values update.
- Tooltips now correctly state, where applicable, that an Attack of Opportunity will not be provoked.
- The tooltips now clearly show which actions or spells are unlocked by certain items.
- Weapon tooltips now update to add and remove conditions while open.
- Tooltips now show up correctly if similar ones are already pinned.
- Tooltips no longer flicker when you unpin them.
- Updated the descriptions of the effects of the Bomb and Acid Vial items.
- Added artwork to the Beastmaster's Chain tooltip.
- Fixed in-world tooltips showing up for items that you can't interact with.
- Added a tooltip property that indicates the area of effect of certain spells.
- Spell scroll tooltips now indicate when you can't cast them due to casting being blocked.
- Fixed some incorrect tooltip descriptions and certain weapon proficiency properties.
- Mousing over the term 'Hit Points' in the 'Do you want to go to camp?' confirmation pop-up now opens the correct tooltip instead of showing an empty box.
- The Water item no longer has clipped text and now links to the correct tooltip.
- The Ring of Mind Shielding tooltip no longer shows an error.
- The damage stats now show up correctly when comparing items.
- Weapon damage is now calculated properly for spells granted by items.
- Linked the Armour Class (AC) tooltip to the AC value in armour tooltips and updated the AC tooltip itself.
- Changed the description of wood woads' Regeneration passive to clarify the conditions required to become active.
- Updated the descriptions for the Runepowder Barrel and Runepowder Vial.
- The Protection from Evil and Good spell now has the same description in character creation and in the in-game tooltip.
- Fixed an issue that was affecting tooltip readability.
- You no longer get two similar error messages about not being able to Dip a weapon when you aren’t wielding one that’s dippable.
- The Springstep Boots description no longer clips into the UI.
- Fixed some tooltips and icons related to Concentration.
- Added some missing descriptions in the tooltips for special arrows.
- The text in the Level Up tooltip is no longer cut off in certain languages.
- Improved readability.
- Added filtering to the spellbook.
- Added a bespoke spell-learning UI.
- Added a dedicated area that shows your prepared spells and lets you add or remove them from a drop-down menu.
- Updated the spellbook so that different levels of the same spell no longer appear as duplicate icons, and you can now upcast by triggering the spell on the hotbar.
- The sort function now works when you have Show Party Inventory toggled.
- You can now correctly see Inventory sorting options in the Character Sheets of newly recruited companions.
- The Fast Hands and Second-Story Work features of the Rogue class now show up.
- Adjusted the positioning of the approval bar.
- Adjusted the positioning of the character models.
- Mousing over the area above the Character Sheet button no longer displays the Movement tooltip.
- Adjusted the position of the pin icon on the Proficiencies filter buttons.
- The Diamondsbane feature no longer displays an error.
- Kirgrath's gang at Grymforge will now turn hostile if you try to use Detect Thoughts on them and fail.
- Wearing a non-proficient helmet, boots, and gloves now confers Disadvantage and blocks spellcasting.
- Wood woads now have a new, unique passive: extra +3d4 magical damage when attacking with clubs. They also no loner wield two-handed weapons.
- The Defensive Duelist feat is no longer available to characters with less than 13 Dexterity.
- The Ring of Mind Shielding now correctly blocks all tadpole powers.*
- The Rage damage bonus now also applies to off-hand weapon attacks.*
- Barbarian NPCs now have the Unarmoured Defence passive ability.
- The Athlete feat now consumes 1.5m of movement when you stand up after being Prone.
- Characters now receive item buffs if they are standing within range of the item's aura.
- Archer's Eye, used by Flaming Fist archers, now costs 1 Action Point and 1 Bonus Action Point (instead of just 1 Bonus Action Point).
- The Muddy condition now makes you resistant to Fire damage.
- Tweaked the balance of the Potion of Speed and the Haste spell.
- Non-humanoid creatures no longer have access to basic actions normally reserved for humanoids.
- The goblin trader at the Goblin Camp now has more useful items to trade.
- Changed the equipment of certain Flaming Fist members like Gauntlet Dain, who now sports a mace, a Flaming Fist shield, and ring mail.
- Spaw now uses Animating Spores less and participates in combat more. His Multiattack doesn't deal Poison damage anymore. Also, myconids' Pacifying Spores now stun their targets for 1 turn instead of 2.
- The Sussur Bloom aura now also affects duergars' Invisibility spell.
- Mind flayers' Tentacle action no longer applies Stunned.
- Slightly increased Spaw's weight, made him more resistant to getting Shoved, and reduced the weight of other myconids.
- Flaming Fists now have lower Wisdom.
- Devout Mezzka and other healer goblins can now cast Bane in addition to other spells.
- The Static Discharge Aura no longer gives a construct damage buff to non-construct characters.
- Alchemist Argram now has light armour proficiency, allowing him to cast spells.
- Gandrel, the Gur hunter, now has Level 2 spell slots, so can use Misty Step correctly.
- Inwe can now cast the Web spell.
- Removed potions from Novice Garmor.
- Reactions now remove passives when disabled.
- You now get XP from knocking NPCs out.
- You can’t trade non-tradeable items with NPCs anymore.
- Long Rests no longer account for temporary hit points when calculating rested health.
- Swapping a weapon from your character's main hand to offhand (and vice versa) no longer duplicates the passive granted by that weapon.
- NPCs now fall back to the spells they have in their spell slots when they have no other casting resources.
- The XP reward for killing duergars in Grymforge now scales correctly with their level.
- Illithid Wisdom checks no longer have a -1 DC.*
- The Word of the Absolute debuff now remains until the next Long Rest instead of ending after three turns.
- NPCs can now use projectile spells on targets behind objects that don’t provide cover.
- Sarth Baretha has been anointed with the title of Warrior of the One Sky.
- The goblin warlock now uses different skills during the attack on the Druid Grove.
- The Wrath condition now only works when using melee weapon attacks. No more throwing Wrath around!
- Redcaps are now better at disguising themselves. Baa!
- Redcaps' Bloodlust ability now works correctly, healing 3d6 upon delivering a killing blow.
- If you drop a hanging brazier on an NPC by destroying its hinge, the NPC will now realise that you are attacking them and that the item didn't just decide that it was a good day to die.
- The Toggle Party Stealth button now works in combat.
- The enemies in front of the Druid Grove's main gate now pick up their items again after being disarmed.
- Crag spiders summoned from the Spider Egg Sac can now Jump and Bite, as any spider worth its salt should.
- Jolted creatures are no longer able to perform Reactions.
- The hook horrors’ Hook attack no longer shows duplicate Saving Throws.
- Barbarians' Rage condition will now always end immediately after combat, meaning Rage boosts are now applied correctly during dialogues.
- Entering certain dialogues during combat no longer causes characters' turns to be skipped.
- Underdark creatures like Glut no longer lack the ability to Sneak.*
- You can no longer avoid Attacks of Opportunity by dropping items and then moving.
- Handing Sazza over to a guard while escorting her out of the Druid Grove now reliably triggers combat with the guards.
- Combat no longer immediately triggers at Grymforge if you destroy the statue to the left of the cave-in.*
- When playing as a drow, failing to read the mind of the Flaming Fist Ephren now triggers combat.
- Shadowheart now enters combat if you attack her while she is moving from the Crash Site to the Druid Grove.
- The Unarmed Strike action is no longer replaced by the Ranged Attack action if you equip a ranged weapon after being unarmed.
- Shapeshifted conditions now get removed from shapeshifted entities when they hit 0 HP.
- Fixed an issue that caused NPCs to sometimes get stuck in a loop when trying to climb a surface near another character.
- Made several improvements to the Zhentarim dungeon combat.
- Improved AI combat navigation around Waukeen's Rest and the Myconid Village.
- Fixed the AI behaviour of automatons and how they use the Static Discharge aura.
- Fixed an issue related to how attacks and extra attacks were combined for NPCs, which would cause them to miss out on the third extra attack.
- Fixed an issue preventing the bulette from performing the Deadly Leap ability due to a 'No Target' error.
- The owlbear cub now runs away when it is low on health.
- Characters now reposition themselves correctly when attempting to shoot ranged attacks or cast spells at targets that are selected via their portrait.
- Fixed an issue causing Halsin to remain Wild-Shaped if you usd non-lethal attacks in the wolf pens.*
- Harpies no longer flank your party from a distance or drag faraway characters into combat.
- Improved combat targeting and fixed the see-through roof during combat with the Zhentarim at their hideout.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemies to behave incorrectly if you provoked combat by Shoving them while Hiding.
- Fixed an issue allowing you to shoot through the building outside the Chapel and improved camera navigation in the area.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from controlling your character after jumping and then missing an Attack of Opportunity.
- The mushrooms around the Myconid Village are now immune to the myconids' spore attacks.
- Andorn and Mari no longer run back and forth between the party and the door during combat in the Chapel.
- Nadira now runs away from the bugbear assassin when combat starts.
- Gekh Coal's zombies no longer create Blood surfaces when killed.
- Spectators' Paralysed condition can now be removed with a successful save at the end of a turn.
- Added a visible timer to the caster's portrait for Concentration spells.
- The Fog spell now has a correct duration of 10 turns.
- The Light spell no longer triggers a Saving Throw when targeted at a corpse.
- The Invoke Duplicity spell no longer blocks Radiance of the Dawn.
- The previews of spell and ranged attack trajectories are now consistently accurate.
- Ranger's Companion and other summoning spells now consider the caster’s line of sight.
- Summoning and channelling spells can now land on destructible terrain.
- Spells cast by entombed scribes and warriors now land correctly and at the right speed.*
- Shadowheart no longer allows you to cast Guidance on yourself if this means you will use it against her in a dialogue roll.
- Fixed Wyll not being able to cast Arms of Hadar if you haven't recruited him.
- Fixed some spell costs not being detected unless a specific animation was triggered.
- You can no longer promise Baelen to retrieve his bag if you have emptied it and already thrown it to him.
- You can no longer give Zarys the Iron Flask without actually obtaining it.
- You can no longer complete the Find the Missing Shipment quest without actually handing over the shipment.
- You can no longer ask Withers where he came from after releasing him from the sarcophagus.*
- You can no longer perform the Sharran ritual at the altar if the dagger isn't available.
- You can no longer cut off Nere's head while in lava.*
- Throwing an antitoxin onto Thulla to heal her no longer causes the myconids to lower their lower approval rating of you.
- Stealing the Idol of Silvanus undercover now immediately causes the druids to become hostile.
- Minthara's raiders now attack the tieflings at the Druid Grove if she is killed early in combat.
- Minthara now celebrates properly once the denizens of the Druid Grove have been eradicated.
- The journal now updates correctly for the Deliver Nere's Head quest if Nere dies during the cave-in.
- Fixed an issue with quest flow that made the Myconid Revenge quest accessible even if Nere's head was not.
- You can now end Gekh Coal's quest earlier if you already have Thulla's boots when you approach Gekh for the first time.
- Pandirna now joins the attack on the grove if she was healed.
- Grym the adamantine golem no longer disappears from the game if you flee from combat.
- Mirkon no longer comes back to life if you damage his corpse.
- When a tiefling witnesses a ranger summoning a dangerous animal in the Druid Grove, they no longer react as though they saw a druid assume a Wild Shape.
- Stealing in the Dragon's Lair at the Druid Grove now causes the children to freak out.
- NPCs now always react if they notice you stealing an item, even if you got away with it the last time you stole from them.
- Wyll's reaction to Arabella's death now triggers correctly if he's present and you don't save her.
- Tingmiaq now flies away after its dialogue.
- Aradin now stops you from looting his dead comrades.
- Fixed NPCs’ behaviour when you fail pickpocketing checks on tiefling children.
- You now receive Auntie Ethel's reward in your inventory if you tell her you'll spare her in exchange for 'power'.*
- Fixed a bug causing you to be unable to interact with Zevlor if you ignored him during his confrontation with Aradin.
- The Lightning Aura action granted by the Real Sparky Sparkswall, not to be confused with Avatar the Last Airbender's Sparky Sparky Boom-Man, no longer uses up all the Lightning charges instead of the intended four.
- The Click Heels skill, granted by the Boots of Speed, now doubles your movement speed as advertised.*
- Venomous Revenge, granted by the Broodmother's Revenge necklace, no longer indicates that basic poison is applied to your weapon.
- The Wrath and Momentum conditions, granted by the Bloodguzzler Garb and the Spurred Band while under 50% HP, now remain active even when the target is healed to over half of their HP.
- The Whispering Mask now correctly applies the Ephemeral Whispers condition.
- The salami is now more common loot. All hail the salami.
- Rotten eggs no longer heal players when eaten. Who's going to break the bad news to the barbarian...?
- You can’t eat roasted dwarf parts to regain health anymore. Looks like you no longer have a taste for cannibalism.
- You can’t dip torches into Poison surfaces anymore.
- Shadowheart can now pick locks and unlock things like doors and treasure chests.
- You can now disarm the traps at the Druid Grove and the Tollhouse basement.*
- You can now disarm the spike traps in the Swamp.
- Indestructible objects such as metal doors, scalable rocks, and stone urns can't be set alight anymore.Hanging braziers will now fall and cause an explosion if attacked.
- The destructible platform in the Zhentarim dungeon now triggers an explosion when destroyed.
- Certain explosive items no longer leave behind surfaces with infinite duration.
- Items that you drop off at camp now correctly transfer to your traveller's chest.
- Fixed a bug that would allow the original wearer of the Watersparkers boots to electrify water even if someone else was wearing them.
- Fixed the synergy between the Ring of Fire and the Gloves of Flint and Steel so that you can’t start an infinite loop of Fire damage anymore.*
- You can now loot items by double-clicking while Encumbered, and the condition now updates correctly when you drop items.
- Nettie is no longer obsessed with sitting on a very specific mossy stone; she has worked through this and can now sit on other surfaces.
- The Whispering Mask will now remove its condition from the wearer after they are Downed or killed.
- The Mask of Vengeance now drops loot.
- A hidden backpack in the forest now contains loot. Can you find it?
- Improved the loot dropped by cambions on the nautiloid.
- Brine bulbs will now fall correctly after taking damage.
- Heads of lettuce no longer become big, grey cubes when you drop them on the ground.
- You can no longer use a poison flask to coat your weapon if you're not wielding a weapon.
- You can’t consume a very specific red apple anymore; it’s now a camp supply.
- The person who left a gilded chest near Alfira has now remembered to lock it.
- It is now easier to see and pick up the meat dropped in the Arcane Tower.
- You can’t walk through a wooden desk in the Thayan Cellar anymore.
- You can’t walk through the brazier next to Priestess Gut anymore.
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from picking up dropped items if you saved while picking them up.
- Fixed several items that were out of reach throughout the game.
- Fixed several items that you couldn’t interact with at the Druid Grove and the Chapel.
- One of the traveller's chests no longer spawns inside a pillar at the Grymforge camp.
- Summons can’t initiate fast travel anymore.
- Companions now follow you after you recruit them.*
- Fixed an issue causing grouped parties to unlink when travelling using a waypoint.
- Fixed the Toggle Party Sneak button causing party members to do the opposite of your main character if they were already sneaking.*
- Implemented several fixes for the Room Portal system to hide things when they should be hidden and reveal things when they shouldn't.
- Made visual improvements to make it more obvious when terrain can't be climbed or reached.
- It’s now easier to climb up on one of the rock ledges in the underground passage beneath the Druid Grove.
- You can’t jump through the wooden beams in the Abandoned Village anymore.
- You can’t simply waltz through the iron gates into the spider pit at the Goblin Camp anymore.*
- Brakkal can’t squeeze through the bars of his locked cage and join combat anymore.
- Kagran will no longer walk straight through Dror Ragzlin's throne during his patrol.
- You can no longer walk through certain walls at camp, a wall near Shadowheart’s pod on the nautiloid, and a wall at the Druid Grove.
- The enthralled cultists on the nautiloid no longer run into each other to fix the same mind flayer canon.
- You can’t jump through the burning doors in Waukeen's Rest anymore.*
- A roll is no longer triggered for non-silenced characters interacting with the blocked doors at Waukeen's Rest.
- Wood woads can now teleport between trees more effectively.
- Hook horrors can now navigate tight places a little better.
- Magma mephits no longer get stuck if you push them into the forge.*
- You can now pass through the fake wall in the Zhentarim hideout.
- Removed the wooden ladder under the destructible platform in the Zhentarim caves.
- You no longer get stuck when using a ladder leading from the Defiled Temple to the Selûnite Outpost.
- Rotating the in-world camera will no longer move the minimap around incorrectly if you alt+tab out of and back into the game.
- Characters no longer leap off the apothecary's house in the Blighted Village when they should be using the adjacent ladder.
- Fixed multiple issues at camp that prevented you from reaching places and using ladders.
- Fixed a button in Grymforge that leads to a secret room.
- Fixed an issue that would cause NPCs to disappear or get stuck when trying to run away from you.
- Talking to Halsin at camp for the first time no longer causes him to automatically Wild Shape into a bear.*
- Improved Gale’s personal story flow if he doesn’t like you all that much after a certain point in the game.*
- Fixed the dialogue at the helm of the nautiloid to make sure Lae'zel responds to being asked to connect the transponder.
- The dialogue where you can recruit Lae’zel now plays automatically after you break her cage and convince the tieflings to leave.
- Lae'zel's VO now matches the subtitles when you’re recruiting her.
- You can’t attack a sarcophagus during a conversation with Withers anymore, and if you decide to attack him mid-dialogue, he reacts accordingly.
- Improved the dialogue flow for barbarian characters with Nettie in the Druid Grove.
- The exhausted bird at the Druid Grove no longer repeats certain lines.
- Improved some illogical dialogue flow and fixed a crash that would occur when Halsin confronted Kagha.
- A human-specific dialogue option no longer shows up for non-humans when talking to Auntie Ethel. #cosplayfail*
- You can now trade with Mol at the Druid Grove.
- You can now choose to read Barcus' mind after you've rescued him and his friends from Nere.
- You can now trade with Derryth in the Underdark.
- You now faint during a dialogue related to Shadowheart and the artefact.
- Warrior Druk’s and Smythin’s overhead dialogues no longer show up repeatedly above their heads.
- Fixed the flow in a dialogue involving your companions telling you they want to help out the gnomes.
- Failing the active roll with the barbarian dialogue option against Taman and Gimblebock now results in combat.
- Fixed the trigger for a cinematic dialogue when using Speak with Dead on Buthir.
- Fixed the trigger for a cinematic dialogue with Philomeena.
- Fixed repeating lines in the scene with Volo and Gribbo at the Goblin Camp.
- Fixed some skipping and repeating lines and missing VO in the rothé discussion in the Underdark.
- Overhead text now disappears when the speaker is downed or killed.
- You no longer have the option to attack in the middle of Arabella's 'trial' scene.
- Fixed an issue preventing a scene with Lae'zel at camp from proceeding.
- The Thayan Mirrors no longer trigger cinematics twice if you failed and then succeeded the check.
- The camera no longer shows the ground when you're recruiting Lae'zel while Wild-Shaped as a cat.
- The camera no longer points at empty spaces in the cinematic with Nettie.
- The dead drow's hand no longer blocks the view of your character when you talk to Nettie.
- The camera no longer gets stuck in the Selûnite Outpost in the Underdark.
- The camera no longer gets stuck if you move too close to the stairs near the main hall of the Shattered Sanctum.
- Your character no longer disappears if you try to look at them from the other side of an open door in Grymforge.
- Implemented several camera fixes related to ceiling visibility in the Zhentarim hideout, making it easier to see what you’re targeting during combat.
- Fixed and improved camera fading on the Risen Road.
- Fixed some camera issues related to the dialogue with the Kuo-Toa Hunter.
- Fixed some camera issues during the mutiny cutscene in Grymforge when playing as a halfling.
- Fixed the lighting in the Chapel.
- Fixed some lighting issues with myconids in the Underdark.
- Fixed the lighting for the merregons in Grymforge.
- Fixed the lighting in the dialogue where you free Shadowheart from her pod.
- Fixed the lighting in the dialogue with the mindflayer and stranded fishermen at the Crash Site.
- Fixed the lighting in the dialogue with Auntie Ethel at the Druid Grove.
- Fixed the lighting in the dialogues at the Goblin Camp with Volo, the upset goblin, and the drunk goblin.
- Fixed the lighting in the initial dialogue with Priestess Gut and the one where she has chained you up.
- Fixed the lighting in the Zhent storage area at Waukeen's Rest.
- You no longer look like you're standing in the shadows when speaking to Zevlor and Aradin.
- Barbarians’ Rage SFX no longer stop when certain spells are cast on them.
- The harpy song and ambient sounds now play during the cinematic at the Secluded Cove.
- The harpies' Luring Song is now audible upon cast.
- Added audio feedback for when you try to execute invalid action commands.
- The VO now plays correctly after you fail Arcana and Dexterity checks related to the Book of Restored Gods.
- Added missing SFX for the barbarian berserker's Frenzied Strike attack.
- Added missing SFX for the Natural Recovery spell.
- Added missing movement sounds for Hiding deep rothé.
- Removed a beeping noise during the cinematic with BOOOAL.
- Fixed an issue causing overhead text to not play the associated VO.
- Fixed muffled narrator lines (including the mind flayer's during character creation).
- Fixed characters not making any noise upon waking up at the Crash Site. Appropriate given the circumstances, tbh.
- Fixed projectile impact sounds not playing when hitting corpses.
- Fixed the delayed impact sound of mace attacks when playing as a female dwarf.
- Fixed the muted mindmeld cinematics.
- Fixed the muffled audio when you close the party panel with the I key.
- Fixed the muted audio in the Party, Inventory, Equipment, Split Item, and Long Rest views.
- There’s now a clearer indication of which part of a platform you have to target to destroy it.
- Updated Flaming Fists' uniforms.
- Gave the bugbear panties.
- Made sure barbarians' earrings no longer stack on top of each other.*
- The woman who transforms into a mind flayer on the nautiloid has covered up her breasts.*
- Myrnath no longer looks like he has a farmer's tan.
- HDR calibration now works correctly.
- Fixed a visual bug for the mushroom platforms in the Festering Cove.
- Removed the infinite black void near Dror Ragzlin's treasure vault.
- Removed some mysterious blue lights that were hanging around the crash site for no reason.
- Made young mud mephits more recognisable and distinct from their ancient counterparts.
- Made Filro the Forgotten look even dirtier.
- The Mourning Frost staff now matches its description.
- Fixed the VFX for fireflies in the Underdark camp.
- Added SFX and VFX for gnolls casting Soul Offering.
- Added VFX for when Wild-Shaped giant badgers use the Burrow action.
- Fixed the Spiritual Weapon VFX being too bright.
- Fixed Frenzy and Wildheart VFX appearing in unexpected places.
- Fixed equipped weapons not playing their VFX correctly.
- Fixed the missing VFX when casting Stinking Cloud.
- Removed the black square that would appear when casting Armour of Shadows and Armour of Agathys.
- Harper Branthos and Fist Ulthred no longer look like identical twins. Nor do Stone Guard Kur and Morghal.
- Flind said she doesn't want any other gnolls copying her unique hairstyle, so the gnoll flesh gnawer got a haircut to stay out of trouble.
- Wyll's left eye colour is now a faded white, as intended.
- Tiefling tail animations now abide by the laws of physics.*
- You no longer flail like a malfunctioning robot when jumping from high altitudes.
- If you kill the minotaur with Fire or Radiant damage, it no longer turns into an ominous statue instead of dropping dead.*
- Characters no longer get stuck in the falling animation if they jump straight down or too close to the edge of a terrain.
- Shadowheart will now be knocking on the Chapel door if you find her there.
- Tiefling children no longer float in the air instead of sitting on the ground.
- The Prepare animation now plays correctly for fighter abilities.
- The Create Spell Slot and Create Sorcery Points spells now have pre-casting animations.
- Dwarf and halfling druids' VFX now sync correctly with their prepared animations.
- Improved the Sneaking animation.
- It no longer looks like you're using the blunt side of your weapon when attacking using Spiritual Weapon: Greatsword.
- The Activate Witch Bolt spell animation no longer freezes or loops.
- The VFX now appear in the right place when you use a javelin as a Raging barbarian.
- Mage Hand is no longer missing its Throw pre-casting animation.
- Fixed the animations for the Dash, Disengage, and Prepare actions when you Rage as a barbarian.
- Fixed the animations for the captured gnomes at Grymforge.
- Fixed the broken walking animation for characters performing the Help action.
- Fixed the animation for sheathing weapons.
- Fixed a noticeable delay in the animation when the cat familiar switches between Sneaking and its idle state.
- Fixed a delay in the animation when you move before using the crossbow ranged attack.
- Improved rat visuals during cinematics in the Druid Grove. #glowup
- In a conversation with the person of your dreams, they now show you a panoramic shot of the city instead of some uninspiring empty grasslands.*
- The scene with the hyenas has received several fixes - the main one being that you can actually see them now.
- Your eyes now face the right direction when speaking to the owlbear cub at camp, and the cub no longer pops when it gets startled by a twig snapping.
- The VFX are no longer missing during a mindmeld dialogue with Lae'zel when you play as a halfling.
- Improved the cinematics in the dialogue that triggers before you enter the Goblin Camp.
- You no longer look like you're in the shadows when you interact with Nadira's telescope by the Druid Grove.
- Implemented several fixes for and improvements to the lighting, pops, and camera angles during Astarion's dialogue about being... hungry.
- Zevlor no longer freezes briefly during your dialogue with him before the attack on the Druid Grove.
- Made sure the mindmeld VFX play during your conversation with Wyll.
- Your companions now appear during the broken moonlantern scene.
- You now see a lockpick instead of a key during a lockpicking sequence.
- If you fail a Strength check while trying to open the Book of Restored Gods, you now see yourself hitting it to try and open it.
- When the Book of Dead Gods is unlocked, it no longer appears on the ground when you interact with it.
- If you tell Priestess Gut you don’t want her to brand you, it no longer looks like she’s done it anyway.
- Your character no longer blocks the view of Shadowheart while she's speaking during Zevlor's introduction to the Druid Grove.
- Speak with Dead VFX no longer play twice in the dialogue with Fezzerk.
- Fixed multiple cinematic issues related to freeing Shadowheart on the nautiloid.
- Fixed several cinematic issues related to the camera, a black screen, and an invisible head in a dialogue with one of the goblins at the Goblin Camp.
- Fixed the existing cinematics and added any missing cinematic cameras in the dialogue with Oskar the artist.
- Fixed several issues related to the camera and where characters are looking in the dialogue with Astarion and Gandrel.
- Fixed several issues with the dialogue between Halsin and Kagha: they no longer pop and change position, roll their eyes comically, or have missing VO lines.
- Fixed camera timing issues in the dialogue with Zarys.
- Fixed cinematics related to Gale's death scene involving the mephit and the flute.
- Halsin's arm no longer permanently glows after he casts a spell in the conversation with Kagha.
- Fixed the visuals and blurry VFX in Wyll's mindmeld scene.
- Fixed the boar's location during the cutscene with Astarion.
- Fixed several cinematic issues related to the mindmeld VFX when Wyll confronts Torturer Spike.
- Fixed the positions of Gale and Astarion at camp.
- Optimised savegames to load faster. Syncing cross save games on Stadia now checks for and warns of insufficient space.
- Fixed an issue causing you to be unable to accept the changes you made to your video settings on Stadia.
- Fixed an issue causing you to see a black portrait in the save screen.
- An empty HP bar no longer appears above speaking NPCs when you walk away from them.
- You can no longer choose the same bonus twice during an active roll when refreshing or changing the controller mode.
- Fixed an issue prompting 'Error 502' when trying to save on Stadia.
- Fixed multiple bugs related to the Stadia controller and hotbar actions.
- The main weapon actions are no longer duplicated on the main hotbar when clearing other slots on the gamepad UI.
- Bow weapons now make a firing sound when shot by Raging barbarians.
- Salazon no longer spends an eternity gazing longingly at you.
- Pressing Up on the left analogue stick no longer plays a clicking sound.
Icons and Portraits
- Improved the functionality and appearance of character portraits, and improved the way they respond to being selected.
- Character portraits no longer have an orange tint.
- Fixed the icon for Gekh Coal's Animate Dead spell.
- Fixed Spaw's portrait.
- Added missing UI icons.
- Added missing icons for stained casks.
- Added a new icon for the lava elemental's Ready to Burst condition.
- Made the icons for Lightning Charges and the Lightning Aura look more distinct.
- Fixed several portrait issues for summons.
- Fixed the icons for the Fey Ancestry passive feature, the Fly ability, the wooden crates in the Zhentarim hideout, the Statue of Shar, the Wild Shape: Boar condition, the Hunger of Hadar condition, and the Bestow Curse: Attack Disadvantage condition.
- Fixed portraits for adamantine golems, oozes, mimics, entombed scribes, entombed warriors, hook horrors, and animated armours.
Clipping, Popping, and Other Questionable Visuals
- Astarion no longer has paddle hands when he's threatening to leave the party.
- Auntie Ethel's head no longer spins around in her cinematic dialogue.
- You no longer move or slide around unexpectedly when moving or dropping items.
- Crates now land on the ground after falling rather than hovering in anticipation.
- Male halflings’ heads and hair no longer clip into metal helmets.
- You can’t walk through certain walls in the dank crypt anymore.
- Halsin no longer speaks to the wrong character after the tiefling party, which would cause all companions to clip into whoever was being addressed.
- Male tieflings' weapons no longer clip through their body when precasting with certain two-handed weapons.
- Halflings no longer clip into sheathed weapons.
- Fixed multiple issues related to lighting, clipping, and gravity-defying objects.
- Fixed clipping issues with Sapper Mock and Sapper Gald's barrels.
- Fixed some head pops for the goblins who have it out for Wyll, and made sure their feet no longer slide around and twitch on the ground.
- The camera no longer drifts when Gale responds after a dice roll, and his head no longer snaps up.
- Thulla no longer looks like she's in the shadows and the lighting no longer pops when you speak to her in the Underdark.
- Fixed a motion capture pop that would occur when you failed the Lolthsworn dialogue option.
- Fixed a bug that would make your character snap into position at the end of a scene.
- Your eyes no longer glow at the beginning of the conversation with Auntie Ethel after she has transformed.
- Andrick's shoulders no longer clip into his clothes when you speak to him in the forest.
- Fixed an animation pop in the dialogue with Mol at the Druid Grove.
- Fixed several pops and camera issues in the dialogue with Glut.
- Fixed some animation pops in the dialogue with Stonemason Kith.
- Fixed some clips in the cinematic about the Necromancy of Thay.
- Fixed some clips, pops, and camera angles in the cinematic where you forge a weapon.
- Fixed the animation timing, pops, camera, and VO in the cinematic with Volo at camp that involves a little, uh, operation.
- Fixed some camera angles, pops, and weapon placements in the cinematic with Karlach.
- Your arm no longer clips into the side of your bedroll pillow.
- Kagha no longer rudely pops up while your companions are talking at the Druid Grove.
- Astarion no longer pops and jumps around to reposition himself in the dialogue with Gandrel.
- Astarion no longer looks in the wrong direction in the drunken bear scene at camp.
- Gnome corpses in the Abandoned Village in the Underdark no longer clip into the terrain.
- Fixed an issue causing '%state_details%' to appear briefly in your Steam status while loading a savegame.
Patch 7 Fixes for Baldur's Gate 3 includes an overview of all the Patch 7 released by the developer Larian Studios. This patch Added the Barbarian class with two new subclasses - Berserker and Wildheart, lethal new melee combat options, a huge graphical overhaul, newly-added orchestral music to delight your ears, and hours of fresh content to explore.
New Barbarian class
Grow your Rage into a relentless frenzy and gain the ability to deal additional damage in the heat of battle. When you are filled with Rage, you can use improvised weapons as a bonus action to do extra damage.
Draw from the power of your Bestial Heart and wield ferocious combat abilities inspired by the eagle, elk, tiger, bear, or wolf. As a Wildheart Barbarian, you can flaunt unique facial piercings based on which animal you choose to guide you.
New Melee Combat Options
Baldur's Gate 3 now has a new new melee combat options
You can now throw a new class of weapons from a distance. Thrown Weapons like Daggers, Javelins, Handaxes, and Spears do damage based on their Damage stats rather than their weight. Barbarians will begin the game with two Handaxes in addition to their primary Greataxe weapon.
You can now attack by using furniture, instruments, animals, limbs, and NPCs as Improvised Melee Weapons.
You can now throw objects or characters that weigh up to three times your Strength ability score. The range of the throw scales based on your Strength and the object’s weight. Rile enemies up by throwing a badger at them or yeet a goblin to test their aerodynamics.
Baldur's Gate 3 now has some changes to improve the game experience
- Some NPCs are now Barbarians and will act accordingly.
- Improved aim for the Jump action to make it easier to descend into the Underdark in the Whispering Depths.
- Krolla now shoves the chicken accurately the first time during the chicken chase. The chicken signed a waiver so it’s fine.
- Astarion's default proficiencies are now applied to him before he is recruited to your party.
- Arka and Memnos will now react to Kanon even if you change into a Wild Shape in front of them. #priorities
- Party members now stop following you if you are caught trespassing and enter into dialogue about it.
- You can now jump across the pillars behind the Druid Grove with 9 Strength to reach the heavy chest.*
- You can now complete the Saving Arabella quest with Mol before rescuing Mirkon.
- The default action for Poisonous Slime Bombs is now Throw instead of Coat Weapon. Still pretty gross though.
- In addition to a broken spear, Edowin now drops random loot when he dies.
- Fixed an issue blocking players from overwriting existing saves from the previous Patch.
- Redesigned tooltips so they are more compact on screen.
- Added new keybinds and reassigned some old ones to be more intuitive. The Inventory [I], Spellbook [K], and Character Sheet [N] keybinds open and close your character's Character Sheet. When in Party Panel view [TAB], these same keybinds let you access those panels within that view.
- Pinned tooltips can now open and close with a secondary keybind.
- An error message now appears if you have a modded UI that can't be loaded in the game.
- When playing on Stadia, you are now able to actually throw items with the controller using the Throw action.
- Replaced the black void in Mol's Lair with stone walls that are now visible if you have a light source or have Darkvision.
- Made the explosion at the Zhent Hideout more explodey.
- Made the entrance to the secret Myconid area slightly less obvious and thereby more secret.
- Increased the lighting in the Owlbear Cave to make the owlbear egg more visible.
- Added extra lights in Grymforge to highlight the levers used in the Adamantine Forge fight.
- Gave pikes longer shafts and wider tips. Please be careful where you stick those things.
Balance and Gameplay
Baldur’s Gate 3 new Balance and Gameplay changes
- Companions no longer self-heal after being recruited.
- The Ranger's starting kit now includes an Arrow of Ice instead of grease bottles.
- Wizards now benefit from the Savant feature of their subclass.
- Added Poison Resistance to duergar as per D&D lore.
- Lowered the Armour Class of the Goblin Warriors Kramp, Clack, and Skrut to be more consistent with other goblins.
- Characters who are Downed during their turn now automatically give their turn to the next character with shared Initiative.
- NPCs affected by a Polymorph or Charm spell will now have a negative attitude towards the spellcaster. At least say you’re sorry.
- Removed Sleeping Advantage from your Ability Check when you attack Astarion at Camp.
- The Intransigent Warhammer now causes knockback and applies Prone on a critical hit or when dealing a killing blow.
- When wearing the Poisoner's Robe, you now deal additional damage when casting Chromatic Orb: Poison.
- Placed 24 new hand-crafted Magical Loot items throughout the world. Seek out the Hamarhraft - an Uncommon Maul that deals 1d4 Thunder damage within a 10ft radius upon landing after a Jump. Or find a pair of Linebreaker Boots and gain +1 melee damage for one turn after a Dash.
- Implemented a new ‘Room Portal’ system, which conceals the details of characters and objects in closed-off or unexplored rooms. This brings more surprise and tension to exploration.
- Added new music.
- Added a new live orchestral suite to the Character Creation playlist.
- Added new ambient pieces to Grymforge.
- Added a new piece to the main Camp.
- Added brand new spell-casting animations that are tailored to each spell-casting class, giving each class a unique look.
- Improved the detection of light and dark areas.
- You are now less likely to miss during combat in lit regions.
- Your ability to hide from NPCs is now more accurately affected by how dark it is.
- Improved how Darkvision is visualised: characters with Darkvision can now see in the dark via a cone of vision.
- Improved cinematic pacing and visuals.
- Refined animations and cameras across nearly 700 cutscenes.
- Implemented over 400 new animations.
- Improved animal and creature animations across over 200 interactive dialogues.
- Added Barbarian reactivity to interactive dialogues.
- Re-recorded and remastered portions of the narrator’s voice-over audio.
- And the update we’ve all been waiting for: we’ve improved the chicken wing flap SFX and enhanced the VO for nervous squawking to bring you a truly authentic depiction of chicken anxiety.
Baldur's Gate 3 new Fixes
Crashes, Freezes, and Blocks
- Fixed a crash that would occur if you had a modded game. A pop-up will now indicate that files have errors and the game will close.
- The game now shows a 'Game Over' window if all players are Downed and there are no more Short Rests left.
- CloudManager no longer crashes when trying to delete cloud saves when there are multiple profiles.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when creating or switching in-game profiles.
- Loading a savegame where a character is under Nere's control no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed a crash in the AI system.
- You can no longer name your savegames using reserved file names, so you can now access the files and load these savegames without the game crashing.
- The game no longer crashes after you throw a runepowder vial at the cave-in.
- Casting Cloud of Daggers on the Nautiloid no longer freezes the game.
- The game no longer crashes after the cinematic at the Myconid Circle.
- Fixed an issue blocking you from being released from your chains after you’re rescued by an NPC from Priestess Gut.
- Fixed the Frightened condition not disappearing after you see the dragon in the Githyanki Patrol scene.
- You are no longer blocked from interacting with your surroundings after talking to Jeorna in the Druid Grove.
- Halsin and Kagha no longer skip certain lines of dialogue.
- Fixed a dialogue continuity error in ‘Find the Mushroom Picker’.
- A specific dialogue with Andrick now only triggers if the owlbear has been killed.
- Fixed the response options in the dialogue about the attack on the Druid Grove.
- Zarys no longer repeats her dialogue when you inform her that you’ve found the missing Zhent shipment.
- The Escape Artist inspiration point is now applied correctly once triggered.
- If you rejoin a multiplayer session, you now regain control over your old character.
- Items that weren’t being shared automatically between users in multiplayer will now transfer successfully.
- If you’re hosting, your character no longer becomes stuck when you recruit Us and switch characters with a client player.
- Improved the message when you encounter a NATPunch server failure issue when you start multiplayer.
- You can now leave the Nautiloid if you touch the Transponder while another character is in dialogue.
- If Us dies on the Nautiloid, you can activate the Transponder to leave the ship.
- You can no longer pass through a wall on the Nautiloid by squeezing through a fleshy wall texture. Use a door like the rest of us. This is a society.
- Fixed a platform on the Nautiloid so you won’t get trapped inside it. You can now jump on and off after climbing the platform with low Strength.
- Made sure Gale’s recruitment cinematic always plays after you teleport to the Roadside Cliff for the first time.
- Fixed issues with door buttons in the Dank Crypt.
- You can now enter Kagha's lair in the Emerald Grove and look through her things. But have you no shame?
- The door to the Druids’ Chambers now remains open.
- You no longer get stuck on the door to the Servants' Quarters in the Druid Grove.
- You must now actually be inside the Thayan Cellar to access the lever behind the trick wall.
- An area in Grymforge that looked safe but was actually a GIANT CHASM is no longer accessible. The Chasm death trigger has been removed, so you will no longer die unexpectedly.
- Made a small room in the small, basement-level camps accessible through an equally small door.
- Fixed certain ladders and knotted ropes so they can be climbed.
- The trap near the Cragged Rock in the Underdark now launches you into the chasm as intended. Enjoy.
- You no longer teleport through the floor of the Merregon room in Grymforge.
- Tweaked the rope netting in Grymforge so you can’t fall through and into the lava. Please don’t touch the lava.
- Characters no longer become unresponsive if they take fall damage.
- Fixed an issue causing you to move before casting a ranged attack even though your position was valid.
- Characters no longer skip turns in combat after being Downed or following a long rest.
- Adjusted the Rush Attack so you correctly attack one enemy instead of two.
- Ensured NPCs who apply invisibility on themselves don’t immediately remove it. Way to stay stealthy, hot shot.
- NPCs no longer skip a turn if they fail to use a consumable during combat.
- NPCs are less likely to get stuck when trying to pick up a weapon while having no remaining Movement.
- The weapon you start with in Character Creation now carries over into the game.
- Force Tunnel now works correctly on characters and containers.
- If you cast a Friends or Charm spell on Scratch, he no longer becomes hostile towards you at Camp.
- The Guardians in the Thayan Cellar will now attack after they have all been freed. We insulted their taste in crypt decor, and now they're angry and ready to fight.
- Applied Light Armour Proficiency to Stonemason Gergerann.
- Fixed an issue causing Auntie Ethel to end her turn without moving or attacking if Mayrina's cage is lowered before she can attack it.
- Nere’s Coerced condition now disappears with non-psychic damage.
- Spells that target an area around you will now more accurately highlight the affected area.
- Burning Hands no longer benefits from the Metamagic: Extended Spell.
- The Metamagic: Careful Spell can now be applied to Acid Splash.
- Adjusted the Metamagic: Careful Spell so it can’t be used on spells that don’t target allies.
- Fixed a bug causing Flaming Sphere and Moonbeam to have an incorrect Difficulty Class.
- The Ranger class can now replace spells at Level 4.
- Adjusted the Metamagic: Heightened Spell so it works with the Reduce, Heat Metal, and Light spells.
- The Metamagic: Subtle Spell no longer affects spells that can be cast while Silenced.
- Spike Growth now properly disappears after Concentration is broken.
- NPCs affected by a Friends or Charm spell will now react appropriately when you approach them after the spell ends.
- Removed the Prepared Spells gauge from the UI for non-spellcasting classes.
- Crown of Madness no longer causes the target to roll a Saving Throw with Advantage.
- You no longer receive damage when you cast the Ring of Absolute Force’s Thunderwave Spell if you aren’t branded with the Mark of the Absolute.
- The bodies of halflings and dwarves no longer stretch in cinematics after casting Disguise Self.
- Increased the weight of the Idol of Eldath from 1kg to 35kg despite it looking like an enormous chocolate figurine.
- The Nautiloid’s doors can no longer be targeted and destroyed.
- You can now reach all items in Waukeen's Rest.
- Adjusted a floating chest in the Druid Grove so it complies with gravity.
- Made it easier to pick up items in the Acrid Workshop.
- Fixed duplicate containers appearing at the Putrid Bog.
- Removed a bunk bed in Waukeen’s Rest so you can’t accidentally fall down onto the balustrade when you climb to the top bunk.
- A fireplace in the Selûnite outpost is no longer clickable.
- The book ‘Fables of Faerûn V: The Boy and the Beholder’ is now on the floor in the Blighted Village and can be reached.
- Removed random Bandit Armour from the Duergar skiff in the Underdark. Clean up after yourselves, bandits.
- The Eldritch Rune now disappears from your inventory upon use.You are now only rewarded with a single lock of Auntie Ethel's hair, not two, if you make a deal with her.
- Tweaked a guard’s vision cone so it’s not obscured by the Grated Iron Doors in the Worg Pens jail.
- Fixed an issue causing Gloves of Fire Resistance not to take effect if you equip the gloves with less than half your health.
- Wearing a Whispering Mask now applies the Ephemeral Whispers condition, allowing you to walk through the Gnarled Door.
- Added a 'Split Items' option to the context menu for splitting items in the Traveller's Chest.
- Fixed an animation issue causing your character to pop into their idle animation after cancelling or casting a spell.
- Shadowheart's ponytail now abides by the laws of physics.
- Sazza no longer walks through her cage if she catches you lockpicking the cage door.
- The correct idle animation now plays for halflings' Jump, Throw, Help, Disengage, and Shove actions.
- The Protection from Poison spell now features the correct casting animation.
- Made changes to the Light spell's casting and hit reaction animations.
- Made changes to Minthara's buff and hit reaction animations.
- Adjusted halflings’ heads so they no longer look too high when targeting an enemy with a ranged weapon.
- The Rush Attack animation now plays correctly.
- Killing Shadowheart will now trigger the dying animation rather than the idle animation.
- Updated the preparation and casting animations and the VFX for the Shadow of Menzoberranzan’s Shrouded in Shadow spell.
- Improved the Dipping weapon animation so your character’s upper body no longer appears frozen.
- Adjusted the animation for NPCs so they appear more natural when turning to look at you.
- Damage and reaction are no longer delayed after an object hits a character.
- Sitting down right after unsheathing a weapon no longer causes the animation to freeze.
- Unsheathing a dagger right after turning around no longer causes the animation to freeze.
- The sitting animation now only plays once if you trigger the Hide bonus action while moving into position.
- Pressing the CTRL key no longer triggers the animation for preparing an attack twice when playing as a shielded female dwarf.
- Fixed slight animation overlaps when casting spells with the Touch range.
- Improved the Electrified Steam Cloud surface and added electricity and lightning VFX.
- The correct hand-glow effect now appears when preparing to cast Lesser Restoration, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, and Crown of Madness.
- Fixed clipping on items worn by characters in the cinematic that plays when you return a locket to Barth.
- Fixed Brakkal clipping through the cage.
- Removed mocap popping and freezing from the Goblin Toast cinematic.
- Fixed Memnos having little animation jerks and twitches. In short, Memnos is no longer a jerk.
- Fixed clipping and animation issues in the Nettie cinematic.
- Improved the cinematic between Halsin and Kagha to remove freezing and popping.
- Fixed minor twitching issues with Tracker Kirz's head.
- Fixed a jittering animation present when you jump.
- Fixed cinematic clipping in the Crusher scene.
- Fixed a camera pop in Aradin and Zevlor's confrontation.
- Fixed characters’ outlines turning purple after they leave the party.
- Fixed character positions in the scene before you enter the Druid Grove.
Update Your Game to Patch
Any saves made Patch 6 or prior will no longer be compatible when updated. There are options for you if you want to continue your Patch 4, Patch 5 or Patch 6 saves, or if you instead want to make sure you’ve got the most up-to-date content. Have a gander below and follow the directions for whichever solution suits you best.
How to Update Your Game to Patch 7:
If you want to play the most up to date version of the game and have never opted into any beta branches in the past, then good news: You don’t need to do anything! When the patch releases, you will receive the most updated version of the game as long as you have automatic updates enabled. To enable automatic updates, please follow the steps below:
- Right click on the game in your Steam library
- Select properties
- Click the Updates tab
- Select "Always keep this game updated" in the drop down menu
How to Update to Patch 7 If You’ve Opted into an Earlier Beta Branch:
If you previously opted into any beta for Patch 6 or earlier and want to ensure you get the most up to date content when Patch 7 goes live, then please follow the steps below:
- Right click on the game in your Steam library
- Select properties
- Click the Betas tab
- Select "None" in the drop down menu
How to Continue Your Patch 6 Save:
If you want to continue your progress from Patch 6, then take the following steps. Save files are not ‘deleted’ from your computer; they’ll remain in your folder, but you’ll only be able to load saves specific to their respective versions.
- Right click on the game in your Steam library
- Select properties
- Click the BETAS tab
- In the list under "Select the beta you would like to opt in to", select Patch 6
- Close the properties menu
If you’d like to continue your save file on the current version, you can move to the Patch 6 beta branch now. Save files are not ‘deleted’ from your computer; they’ll remain in your folder, but you’ll only be able to load saves specific to their respective versions.
Important Note: If you want the option to go back to a previous patch, it’s best to make a new in-game profile and backup your local saves from the previous patch. You can do the following before or after you update to the latest version:
Before starting a new playthrough, create a new profile by clicking the profiles button on the top left of the main menu. All your progress in the new patch will then be saved under this profile while your old saves are safe in the previous profile.
As an extra safety measure, you can manually back up your savegames:
- Go to /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
- Find the folder that is named after the profile you used in the previous patch
- Copy and paste this entire folder into a backup location
- If you want to revert back to the previous patch, follow the instructions above and activate your old profile
If you have somehow lost your progress by overwriting savegames and want to restore your old backed up savegames simply copy over your old profile folder into its original location again: /Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3/PlayerProfiles/
Sync back to the patch5 beta branch with the instructions above and load your old savegames
A Note On Mods: If you have any mods installed, or were using any in previous versions of Baldur’s Gate 3, please remove them before updating your game. You can do this by checking both the ‘Mods’ and ‘Public’ folders in '..\SteamApps\common\Baldurs Gate 3\Data' - if either of those folders are present, please delete them before updating. If applicable, please also delete the file ‘modsettings.lsx’ in the profile folder.
Please note that these patch notes are intended as a guide to what is new in Patch 6 of Baldur’s Gate 3. They are not exhaustive.
- Added new Grymforge region, an ancient Sharran fortress featuring new content, quests, combat, and mysterious NPCs to face. Added setup for several Grymforge quests in the Underdark.
- Added new Sorcerer class, featuring two unique subclasses: Wild Magic and Draconic Bloodline. - Wild Magic: Embrace chaos and manipulate the forces of chance to gain advantage on attack rolls, ability checks, or saving throws - and potentially trigger a random effect in doing so. Examples include putting everyone around you on fire, gaining teleport as a bonus action or summoning a hostile mephit!
- Draconic Bloodline: Channel the powers of your dragon ancestors and wield deadly fire, lightning, acid, poison, or cold damage to destroy your enemies.
- Sorcerers of Draconic Bloodline will also gain a spell that matches the ancestor, for example Red Dragon provides access to Burning Hands
- You also gain access to a unique visual customization option in the form of the draconic scales.
- New Sorcerer Spells were added:
- Horrific Visage: A new Tadpole Action that makes your enemy bleed and allows the Sorcerer to leech a Sorcery Point off of them.
- Enlarge - Reduce: This new spell alters a character's size, affecting their physical stats in the process.
- Chromatic Orb: A powerful new single-target nuke that allows Sorcerers to hurl a sphere of energy at their foes.
- Cloud of Daggers: This spell protects the caster, surrounding them in a cloud of flying daggers.
- Crown of Madness: As the name suggests, this spell sends an enemy mad, and can cause them to attack their nearby allies.
- Metamagic: Metamagic is the Sorcerer's signature feature which allows you to adapt your spells in the heat of combat. With it, you can increase a spell's range, duration, or hit two enemies simultaneously, among other powerful variations on your spells - making you a powerful and unpredictable presence in battle.
- Added new weapon actions, giving ranged and melee weapons up to three lethal signature moves - now non-magic wielders have more options at their disposal in combat as long as they are proficient with the weapon.
- Heartstopper: Smash an enemy's chest to damage and possibly reduce their actions by one.
- Weakening Strike: Target an enemy's hands with a non-lethal attack to give disadvantage on its Attack Rolls.
- Crippling Strike: Swing at an enemy's legs to prevent them from moving.
- Pommel Strike: Make a non-lethal attack against an enemy to possibly Daze them.
- Piercing Strike: Stab an enemy to damage them that possibly left a Gaping Wounds.
- Backbreaker: Put extra force behind your strike to possibly knock your enemy Prone.
- Flourish: Feint an attack to possibly throw your enemy Off Balance.
- Concussive Smash: Hit an enemy with all your might to deal damage and possibly Daze them.
- Brace: Spend your movement speed to reroll your damage dice.
- Prepare: Spend your movement speed to get an extra damage.
- Piercing Shot: Shoot an enemy to damage them that possibly left a Gaping Wounds.
- Mobile Shot: Make a Ranged Attack after you dash or disengage.
- Massive graphical overhaul.
- Completely revamped lighting system with volumetric fog/lighting.
- Added translucency.
- Added atmospheric scattering.
- Added dynamic clouds.
- Local directional lights.
- Added completely new colour grading and much improved tonemapper and HDR rendering.
- All particles are lit by environment and Global illumination.
- Added support for DLSS 2.3.
- Added support for AMD FSR.
- New orchestral music pack.
- New songs in menu and camp.
- Characters will become dirty, sweaty, bloodied and bruised during their adventures.
- BG3 is now available in Turkish
- Added options to increase font size in dialogues and added a semi-transparent background. These can be set and customized in the settings menu.
- Traders now default to the trade rather than the barter interface.
- You can now drag items in the trade menu.
- You can add bonuses after re-roll.
- Implemented Cut, Copy, and Paste actions for textboxes like Direct Connect and Twitch Extension Secret Key.
- Updated the point-and-click frequency setting to a slider.
- Added race tooltip in the examine panel.
- When a weapon is disarmed, overhead text is now displayed above the affected character.
- Concentration saving throws are now displayed via overhead roll UI.
- Enemy portraits now display concentration.
- Fixed displaced scrollbar when having race-specific skills added during level-up.
- Chance UI now correctly displays bonuses from enchanted equipment.
- Spell container now has a close button.
- You can now split big stacks within the camp chest.
IMPROVEMENTS and ADDITIONS:
- Cinematic polish and improvements for lookats, animation blending, scene snapping, question cameras & updates to rigs and animations.
- We improved the camera system to make camera control feel more fluid.
- Refined some of the background goals in Early Access levels and added new ones in the Grymforge area.
- We’ve introduced a new Goblin prison and updated most Goblins to give them the ability to arrest you. Misbehaving players can also be jailed (and break out) of prison in the Druid's Grove too.
- Added a new prison grate & door where Gut locks the player up.
- The spiders in the Goblin Camp can now jump and escape their lair.
- Spell targeting previews will now jump around less when suggesting alternate casting positions.
- Tweaked start of player dialogue when accessing one of the rooms in the Dank Crypt for the first time.
- Player characters now always comment when they have successfully detected an ambush.
- Improved fire VFX and environment VFX
- Updated Spore Servant Target VFX.
- Updated Silence status VFX.
- Updated VFX texture compression settings for better results on low-end platforms.
- Improvements to glowing eyes & mouth in some Speak with Dead cinematics.
- Improved Auto-Detect graphics settings.
- 5.1 upmix of pre-rendered intro.
- Audio upgrade: New dynamic mixing system improves balance between combat sounds, music, and ambience.
- Added inventory and questlog sections to the BG3 Twitch Extension. Viewers can now highlight certain items in the streamers' inventory at certain times and can also follow where streamer is situated in his current playthrough.
- Updated Automaton animations.
- Improved animation for Human Female characters.
- The Githyanki race now have completely updated gameplay animations.
- Updated Hook Horror animations.
- Improved wing and tail physics for Cambions.
- Improved multiplayer networking in congested scenarios.
- Improved UI feedback for targeting rush spells.
- Added trade goods to Mol within the Druid camp.
- Made Soul Coin into a story item so Nadira won't be able to sell it.
- Added rubble and blocked off the area under the elevator in the Druid Grove so players can't get stuck there anymore.
- Better handling of summoning Lump and his Ogres when there is not enough room for all three.
- Improved the camera direction when entering camp.
- Improvements made to called guards' behaviours.
- Improvements made to Hook Horror's alarm behaviour.
- Added new dialogue options to Wyll's camp dialogue relating to Raphael, and added option for players to agree with Wyll in another quest path.
- Improved Lae'zel's idle animation and scripted behaviour at camp - She now unsheathes her weapon as if ready for combat and will sharpen it if it's a sword type.
- The Captured Thralls in the Nautiloid have been given a new animation for laying down.
- Omeluum of the Society of Brilliance got a new spot for himself after being summoned, and flashy new arcane incantation animations and VFX.
- Consuming Hag Hair has become a lot more visual with added VFX.
- Volo's 4th book was added into the world.
- Reworked visuals of Zhentarim wolves.
- Went over all Novices & True Souls to give them proper prefix & title, and gave them proper Absolute outfits.
- Made sure that NPCs who visually wear a helmet actually do have a helmet equipped (and can drop it).
- Updated colours and light values for Light and Dancing Lights.
- Equippable salami, for meatier combat.
- Slash is now called Lacerate. Rush is now called Rush Attack. Pinning Shot is now called Hamstring Shot
- Updated the high ground rule. Now you'll receive a bonus on attack instead of advantage/disadvantage.
- Lowered Lae'zel's approval requirements slightly for, er, "bedtime romance".
- Silencing aggressive NPCs will now result in combat, while wimpy NPCs will flee.
- Additional Knockout support added to situations.
- Made Vine Door locked by default.
- Adjusted AC calculations to better distinguish between base AC, ability modifiers, and bonus AC. This affects the way Draconic Resilience and Mage Armour are calculated.
- Changed a background goal related to Volo for the Entertainer background.
- Made Idol of Silvanus valuable, because it is valuable.
- Disabled ability to ignite destroyed bowls via use action.
- Falling entities no longer apply force on impact if they don't have enough weight.
- Effect of Tasha's Hideous Laughter is now closer to the effect of Prone condition.
- Radiance of the Dawn now targets enemies instead of non-allied characters.
- Player characters walking into the Blighted Village ambush while dialogue is ongoing will cause the character to be automatically added to the conversation.
- Climbing onto the rooftops near the Blighted Village ambush now automatically reveals the ambushers. Once revealed, the ambushers will react to player characters that are not hidden and start a dialogue.
- Reworked the way Gnoll Multiattack works - they now have a Seething Fury status that lasts for 2 turns; when it's over, the Gnoll unlocks Multiattack.
- Re-assigned Multiattack/Seething Fury across Gnolls to make the encounters fairer.
- Made it so that Gnolls aren't interested in picking up weapons anymore.
- Assigned Halsin's Wildshape action the proper cost, so he does not abuse it.
- Halsin can only use his Bear Multiattack once per fight.
- Made it so that Harpies can now follow you anywhere you go.
- Disabled trading with Gekh Coal until the player peacefully resolves their initial dialogue with Gekh.
- Removed Hunter's Mark from Olodan.
- Nettie's bird will no longer spot you sneaking around.
- Fixed the imps' crossbow so that it's now a light crossbow.
- Made Bernard & his Animated Armors immune to magical sleep.
- Slightly decreased Duergar HP throughout the game.
- Tweaked The Spectator's Petrified Drow stats, equipment, visuals, spells.
- Improved behaviour & visuals of throwable boulders around Ogres.
- Increased the chance that an NPC doesn't break their invisibility immediately after having applied it.
- Animals will now not understand when their allies are magically controlled, and will not try to help them anymore.
- Creatures made of metal are now affected completely by Heat Metal spell.
- Adjusted the trigger area for the ambush at the Decrepit Village.
- Gekh's henchmen now use their innate invisibility to hide themselves for the ambush at the Decrepit Village.
- Fishers at the crash site will react to player crimes.
- Characters who follow another character into the Underdark via the secret entrance will die if they do not fulfill requirements to survive.
- Made improvements to the Sleep status of the Bugbear in the abandoned village. Initiating combat will make him wake up, because no one is that sleepy.
- Shadowheart will now react to the box being used by another character based on how far away she is from them. Using the box from the inventory will close it if needed.
- Removed the ability to speak with Shadowheart after she runs away in the Nautiloid.
- Rurik has been given behaviour adjustments and fixes.
- Adjusted movement pattern for Cyrel so she does not step in her friend's blood.
- Priestess Gut's combat AI now has a greater bias to buff herself and her allies.
- Minotaur combat archetype added.
- Hook Horrors and Minotaurs now prefer attacking the Bulette.
- Minotaur's Gore action now requires a strength saving throw to push targets.
- Increased the amount that the Bulette heals when it burrows.
- The Bulette now prefers to attack monstrosities.
- Changed Torgga's armor to leather and updated her visuals to reflect the armour she wears.
- Slightly reduced combat AI's bias to use Sleep and several other Incapacitating conditions.
- Combat AI can now reason about shoving allies with the intent to remove Sleep status.
- Combat AI now have a greater bias against damaging allies than before.
- Fixed Inwe not having correct speed for her race as Wood Elf.
- Halsin's Bear form now has the Dismiss Wildshape spell.
- Added Jump spell to Cambions in the tutorial to prevent rare instances where they could get stuck.
- Changed Rugan's equipment and changed the visuals to match.
- Animated Armor combat AI is less smart.
- Animated Armors and Bugbears should no longer be able to use weapon actions.
- Weight threshold for Large creatures changed from 250kg to 200kg.
- Adjusted Deep Rothé calf and flaming sphere to 199kg.
- Reduced the number of consumable scrolls available to many enemy NPCs.
- Bugbears now drop their morning stars when killed.
- Bugbear morning star now does 1d8 damage instead of 2d8.
- Bugbear now has the brute passive to deal extra 1d8 damage.
- Changed void bulb to require a Dex saving throw (DC 14).
- Void bulb now does 1d4 damage on failed save - previously it did 1 damage.
- Oak Father's Embrace effect will now only be triggered when the attack hits.
- Tweaked Shadowheart’s Ability score. Reduced her CHA and increased her STR.
- Gekh Coal's Animate Dead can only be used on humanoid, small or medium, non-monstrosity targets.
- Revamped myconid combat and gave them archetypes: Restless, Mossy and Noxious.
- Made it so that Gnolls approaching the collapsed bridge will jump across the gap, should they need to.
- Decreased the amount of resources gained by Druid & other spellcasting bosses upon level up.
- Added a 2 turns immunity to Harpies’ Lured if you manage to resist it. If you do get Lured, then Lured replaces Luring Song for better clarity.
- Made sure that Luring Song is considered a Charm spell, and can be dispelled by spells addressing those.
- Gave melee Harpies the Stone Throw action as fallback, should they be unable to reach the player.
- Made sure Wood Elf NPCs inherit all the traits & features they should.
- Fixed a crash when loading a cross-save while the save was still syncing.
- Fixed a potential crash triggered when the unfortunate Gnome is freed.
- Fixed a possible crash in EffectHandler.
- Fixed combat in multiplayer possibly causing a crash for other players in a different fight.
- Fixed a common issue where NPCs sometimes react to Druid Wildshapes that are no longer active.
- Fixed attack roll with off-hand weapon not applying a bonus from the ability modifier.
- Made several places and items reachable that weren't before.
- Fixed bugs on ladder climbing animations for Druid that was Wildshaped into Wolf and Deep Rothe.
- There is more consistent access to lockpicking and key use when freeing Liam from the torture rack.
- After Gekh tells the player about Thrinn's boots the player can hand them over without restarting the dialogue, if they have already found the boots.
- Fixed some doors that allowed you to jump through the gaps, because doors shouldn't do that.
- Fixed damage bonuses that weren't showing up in the Character Sheet and action tooltips.
- Fixed issue where options were not saving properly after resetting and relaunching the game.
- Resting will no longer break Fighting Style: Protection
- Fixed bug where Mol wouldn't return stolen belongings..
- Fixed twin versions of characters in certain cinematic scenes.
- Summoned creatures are now unsummoned when the caster is incapacitated.
- Equipping a lit torch now correctly applies gameplay light to the carrier.
- Fixed some destroyed objects not playing their destruct animations.
- Fixed ragdolls not updating when corpses are moved.
- Fixed Mystra projection.
- Moonbeam can no longer be moved with alt+left click drag.
- Fixed microphone from unmuting when joining a lobby on Stadia.
- Fixed duergar spore servant dialogues in the Myconid Colony.
- Reference model of the Spiderling is no longer present in the spell.
- Fixed the dummy appearing for the door backdraft effect.
- Fixed some issues with Direct Connect.
- Fixed being able to walk though standing light sources.
- Fixed fade to black sometimes persisting for too long in some cinematics.
- Owlbear Cub and Scratch acknowledgment dialogue will now correctly trigger if the other dies :(
- Fixed issue where the narrator speaks over cinematics in multiplayer.
- Fixed the missing character sounds after critical hits.
- Fixed Goblin War Cry not being usable by the combat AI.
- Fixed some non-damage spells removing Mask of Regret status.
- Fixed Gekh Coals passives not being in line with a regular Duergar.
- Fixed one of the Minotaur's passives not having display text.
- Added a ranged spell for Boooal to use if he is stuck and can't reach targets in melee.
- Fixed a potential blocker in multiplayer when one player is requesting to go to camp, while the other player is entering combat.
- Fixed issue where characters would move through a door and try to open it from the other side.
- Combat AI: fixed AI skipping a turn after using a supporting action and then getting interrupted in the following action.
- Fixed keyboard input rotating the camera when entering character name in the character creator.
- Fixed launcher scaling on low resolution or screens with DPI scaling enabled.
- Fixed not being able to drag an item from the world into a container.
- Fixed characters floating upwards when picking up a container or other items they collide with.
- Fixed several item interactions not working while in turn based mode.
- Fixed items sometimes falling through the platforms they're placed on.
- Fixed multiple Mindmeld cinematics.
- Shadowheart will now talk to players again after being resurrected at the chapel entrance.
- Shadowheart will now talk to players again even if they used Lae'zel to free her.
- Added a couple more metal ladders around Dror Ragzlin.
- Fixed issue where Rush spell could be applied to targets at a different elevation, allowing the caster to reach positions they shouldn't be able to reach.
- Fixed downed players/companions getting knocked out when hit with a non-lethal attack.
- Gave Yerle & Erna a metal ladder instead of a wooden one. Also tweaked their spells, items, and visuals.
- Changed colour of Outpost Spiders.
- Fixed issue where the attack button in Ellyka's dialogue did not initiate combat.
- Added missing content to 'Origins of Zhentarim' book.
- Fixed inventory overlapping hotbar when there is a lot of items
- Fixed issue where the well in Blighted Village couldn't be used a second time.
- Fixed localization having issues with symbols `«` and `»`.
- Fixed overlapping text on the map UI, triggered when player can't travel because of danger.
- Thulla now waits for players to be close enough before talking.
- Killing Sovereign Spaw now completes Glut's quest.
- Chill Touch tooltip now properly shows duration of 1 turn.
- Made sure Hobgoblins & Bugbears cannot use tunnels reserved for Goblins.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from talking to a rat in the Torturer's room of Goblin Camp.
- The correct voiceline is now spoken when you succeed the arcana check on the Illithid device in the transformation room of the Nautiloid.
- The player character now correctly addresses the state of the Forest area after teleporting there from the Underdark via a Fairy Ring.
- Fixed several issues with the Mobile feat.
- Fixed Halsin's Bear Wildshape's weapon attack.
- If the player dismisses Glut from the party after accepting his quest - Avenge Glut's Circle - Glut will wait at the Ebonlake Grotto instead of the Decrepit Village.
- Fixed a bug where attacking Spaw manually (instead of through dialog) during the Avenge Glut's Circle quest prevented the Myconids from becoming neutral after Spaw is killed.
- Fixed a bug where Glut's quest - Avenge Glut's Circle - would not proceed correctly if Spaw was attacked by a player character other than the character that Glut was following.
- Fixed an issue where high approval with Shadowheart causes her default dialogue to stop playing.
- If Shadowheart is not in your party and is unconscious during the voice of the Absolute event on the Goblin bridge, she will now die.
- Fixed an issue with one of Lae'zel's lines lacking audio in the Nautiloid helm.
- Sneaking and invisible characters are no longer excluded from the initial Nautiloid helm dialog.
- The dragon scene on the Nautiloid upper deck now also plays for characters in combat.
- Shadowheart will no longer take offense when players attack the captured thralls on the Nautiloid.
- The Mindflayer on the Nautiloid will now only betray the player once all present devils have been taken out.
- Fixed an issue where companions recruited on the Nautiloid did not trigger the devil reinforcements at the Nautiloid helm.
- Fixed an issue where the dialogue with the transponder did not start.
- Liam now correctly escapes the torture room if torture rack is destroyed while he is awake.
- Fixed journal bugs in "Find the Missing Boots" quest.
- Players now can take Gekh Coal's quest if they resolved his situation peacefully but refused the initial quest offer.
- Fixed a bug with Thulla's dialogue ending abruptly if you steal her boots then heal her with noblestalk.
- Thulla now has Boots of Speed actually equipped.
- Fixed issue related to ambushes when a player jumped to their death into an ambush/dialogue trigger.
- Added and revised passive skill descriptions, tooltips, spells, and statuses throughout.
- Added missing effect for Warlock's Armour of Shadows.
- Added crime reactions to being charmed, polymorphed, dominated.
- Added revised origin tag description to Gale.
- Fixed a bug where kids would attack you if you failed to Detect their Thoughts. They flee now.
- Replaced the conversation to rescue Benryn by a roll if he's already on fire.
- Fixed issue where an illusory wall would join the combat order.
- Fixed issue where Fezzerk's goblins would attack Wyll on sight rather than start his dialogue.
- Fixed issue where Gale's illusory double would remain around if the conversation with him is skipped.
- Made the hag's illusory double vanish when attacked.
- Fixed the hag's quest not closing if you knock out her guest.
- Arron's items are now owned by him.
- Performance fix for when killing NPCs out of combat.
- Feedback when non-guard NPCs notice you Wildshape/disguise after a prison break. Now they'll report this to guards.
- Fixed persuasion DCs in theft and pickpocket interrogation dialogues that were too easy.
- A repaired gate will be in Sylvanus' Grove during the siege, if it had previously been destroyed beforehand.
- Goblin leaders can now be defeated non-lethally.
- The all-out attack of the Druids now considers characters that have been disabled non-lethally.
- Fixed bug where the game considered Volo to still be in the Grove after he left.
- Fixed issue where Wyll and/or Shadowheart fail to properly react when in combat with Druids, after dying during the Goblin attack at the gate and being resurrected.
- Added a line to Halsin's dialogue that makes it sound like he made it to the Druid Camp all by himself if that wasn't the case.
- Fixed when a combination of events would keep Nettie from reacting properly once she reached her workshop.
- Tieflings will now vacate Druid's Grove if too many are killed or have left.
- Fixed a bug where a goblin would randomly show up in the Grove if all druids were killed.
- Druid's Grove ritual now requires at least one druid to remain alive in order to trigger.
- Fixed bugs with the gatekeeper of the grove.
- If player triggers Druids attacking Tieflings and then leaves the Grove, the ritual does not immediately complete.
- Fixed Goblin Camp not becoming hostile after certain outcomes of Minthara's betrayal.
- Tweaked certain texts that did not match voice recordings.
- The Silvanus' Grove waypoint will now be unlocked after combat when Zevlor invites everyone inside.
- Scratch can now accept all the pets again, as he is a very good boy.
- Ormn is no longer picky about his fish and will eat them again.
- Sazza will now correctly become hostile if betrayed during her escape.
- The Owlbear Cub will no longer spawn then disappear from camp when all the Goblin leaders are killed.
- Druids will turn hostile if the Rite of Thorns is interrupted by the death of any of the 5 druids performing the ritual.
- Fixed and improved interaction between Abdirak and the goblins Spike and Lookout Grush.
- Replaced several books in the Druid Grove by the stone tablets. Tweaked the position of several books.
- Lae'zel can't be revived after being killed in camp during the night where everyone feels sick. Other companions won't turn hostile when Lae'zel is killed during this scene.
- Minor fixes to the combat AI of the tutorial Imps.
- Nadira will now stay at range and throw rocks instead of trying to attack the Bugbear in melee.
- Fixed Torgga's passives to be consistent with that of a Duergar.
- Fixed Halsin's Dash spell not appearing on hotbar when in Bear form.
- Fixed Minotaur, Owlbear, and Hook Horror jump spells not playing intended AoEs.
- Fixed Bugbear now having proficiency with its morning star.
- Fixed missing items in trade UI.
- Fixed wrong skill values in tooltips in character creation.
- Selune Fort in the Underdark will become a much cosier place when the gem powering the protection statues is destroyed.
- Made sure poor Bernard can climb ladders.
- Fixed Goblins that had the wrong AI archetype.
- Updated item descriptions for a variety of items to make their gameplay links more clear.
- Characters affected by a Loss of Control status like Surprised or Stunned now have overhead text display above them on their turn.
- Fixed gameplay issues on Hag's Second Marriage wand.
- Fixed VFX for Hallucination Spores.
- Improved navigation around Gnoll Flind fight by making certain rocks walkable.
- Made sure Pack Tactics can solely be used by Wolves & Hyenas.
- Made sure that the camera stops on a singing Harpy.
- Fixed certain wall sconces throughout the game that could not be lit.
- Gave Ebonlake ships better names.
- Made sure Drow NPCs had Fey Ancestry.
- Improved Gehk Coal combat experience by making it possible to shoot through and walk through certain decor items.
- Improved UX of Gut's shield's Bless/Bane spell ("Word of the Absolute").
- Plea at the Gates: improved navigation by making the flat rock in front of Zevlor accessible to walk on.
- Gave Minthara proper Drow armour - changed from ringmail to leather.
- Fixed crash site's Intellect Devourer that could get stuck trying to jump down its platform.
- Fixed opening multiple instances of the Pickpocket UI when attempting to repeatedly pickpocket.
- Fixed character models disappearing sometimes when changing into too many disguises.
- Gave Lone Duergar a chill pill so he no longer becomes hostile even if you persuade him to calm down.
- Fixed wrong footstep sounds in various location.
- Fixed missing Imp Sound Vocalization Feedback.
- Fixed Twitch extension secret key field visibility when it is not filled in.
- Passives now correctly display additional description.
- Fixed ability to pin tooltips infinitely.
- Fixed world map not matching minimap alignment.
- Spell tooltips now correctly show recharge times.
- Fixed jump icon keep blinking after it was used.
- Fixed reward UI not showing after loading when quick saving while the UI was open.
- Fixed "downed" UI disappearing after loading savegame with downed characters.
- You can't attack containers inside your inventory anymore.
- Fixed wrongly aligned elements of lobby.
- Fixed Double Iron Doors animation.
- Fixed issue that appeared when lockpicking a chest within your inventory.
- Fixed the super loud Pig squeal on the Tutorial transponder. No pigs were harmed in this patch.
- Fixed Dwarves having delayed activation of beards; hair now remains luscious.
- Fixed issue where Wildshapes would keep custom visuals.
- Downed players and companions no longer get knocked out when hit with a non-lethal attack.
- "Critical Hit!" text no longer appears on screen when a downed character is hit with a non-lethal attack.
- Fixed crashes after ending the tutorial.
- Auntie Ethel's Hair reward now gives the character a stat boost as intended.
- Stacked items will no longer disappear from the hotbar if one of them is thrown.
- Broken ladders can be climbed again.
- Fixed Moon Gate puzzle issue triggered when leaving the area, saving, or reloading.
- Fixed issue blocking players from speaking with Fezzerk after he is knocked out using a Non-Lethal Attack.
- Stopped certain items from being duplicated after being dropped by an enemy.
When it comes to Basic Actions, there are a number of improvements that you should take note of. First is the new Disengage Action, which allows you to retreat from enemies in Melee Range without giving them the chance to perform Attacks of Opportunity. This is a significant update because Disengage used to be a part of Jump that doesn’t guarantee the prevention of Melee Attacks.
To make it crystal clear, Jump is used to strategically position yourself better in combat whereas Disengage allows you to escape from precarious situations. So if you’re a Wizard who is caught in the thick of combat, you can now use Disengage without worrying if you’ll be hit by an Attack of Opportunity or not.
And second, there’s a new Non-lethal Attack Mode, which gives you the option to knock NPCs out without having to kill them. So if you wish to steal something from a hapless victim, and they’re starting to get riled up about it, you can just knock them out to pacify them. Simple.
For Spell, the most noticeable changes are related to its effects and Concentration. These Spell animations and effects are updated and will have a unified look depending on the Class’s design that they’re a part of. Meanwhile, Spells which are used by multiple Classes will also be modified to be more similar to those that are Class specific.
You can also willfully cancel Concentration on a Spell. For example, you no longer have to suffer the prolonged effects of Fog Cloud.
Enemy AI Improvements
Enemy AI is now smarter than ever because they employ more tactical strategies and they possess some of the features available to player characters. For instance, creatures will do everything in their means to attack you regardless if they have a Weapon or not. If enemies are unarmed and they see a Weapon lying around nearby, they’ll grab it and attack you with it. What’s cool about this update is how you can use this scenario to your Advantage by disarming your target beforehand. This pushes them into a situation where they’ll need to utilize Action Points just to run towards and equip a Weapon in order to hit you.
Furthermore, enemy AIs are able to use their resources more efficiently. For example, they’ll carefully plan their next series of attacks so they can still have room to execute other actions like Dash or some Spells in the future. They can even use Throw to heal their party members from a distance by hurling Healing Potions at them, similar to how a player character would. Of course, these enhancements will be used by friendly NPCs as well.
How Spells Influence Dice Rolls
Dice rolls play an active part in whatever action you decide to do, may it be in combat or in dialogue. In the current setup, dice rolls are displayed at the center of the screen when you’re talking to NPCs. You just hope for the best that you get a favorable roll. In the new patch, you’ll be able to influence its outcome. To increase the chances of NPCs agreeing with you, you can use your or your Companions’ Spells. But remember that you’ll make use of Spell Slots when you cast a Spell so choose wisely.
So for example, you can opt to cast Enhance Ability first to account for the Advantage bonus you get in order to roll twice. This raises the chances of tipping the scale in your favor. Alternatively, Guidance is also a good Spell, which also increases your chances for success. What makes this more fun is when you’re playing with friends because they can decide if they really want to help you by casting a beneficial Spell on you or if they prefer to see you fail. You know what some friends are like.
Long Rest and Camp 2.0
If you’ve been playing Baldur’s Gate 3 for quite some time now, you’ll notice how easy it is to abuse the Long Rest Feature with the simple click of a button. Previously, you’d get instantly teleported into your Camp by the river, to restore all of your HP and Spell Slots. This could be done after every combat encounter, which cheapens these fights as your resources are always topped up.
This time around in order to take a Long Rest, you’ll have to gather camp supplies, which comprises all of the food and scrap you can buy (or steal). Heaps of food should go a long way to keep you satiated and ready for the events to come. If you’re low on supplies, you can opt to take a Partial Rest instead. This only restores a portion of your HP and Spell Slots, but it won’t use up any food.
Moreover, your party will also be teleported into different campsites, depending on the location. You no longer magically exit the Underdark when you want to take a nap. Larian has made Mini Camps near major landmarks, such as the Chapel near the Ravaged Beach or the Underdark.
New Player Experience
In Patch 5, a huge chunk of the changes stems from the need to improve new player experience. On top of the tutorials, which start popping out in Character Creation, more tooltips will be present after this update. These tooltips will be linked to others so it’s easier to digest and to understand the game’s core concepts and mechanics. You can simply hover over one to know more. Additionally, you even have the option to pin them to your screen so you can easily refer back to it should you have questions about certain terms or actions.
New Background Goals
Backgrounds such as Folk Hero, Acolyte and Urchin now matter more than ever and it doesn’t end in Character Creation. Backgrounds will now have corresponding secret side quests to further flesh out the origin stories of your characters and to accumulate Inspiration Points when you complete them. These Inspiration Points can be used to reroll an unfavorable dice roll in dialogue checks. You can obtain a maximum of 4 Inspiration Points. So when you reach this number, any additional points go into extra XP. Not only do you discover more about how your character came to be, you’ll also be rewarded for seeking out these secrets.
Interactions with Shadowheart
Out of the 5 available Companions in Baldur’s Gate 3, Shadowheart will receive a lot of improvements. To provide more details about her background, new dialogue will be uncovered once you recruit her and once you find out more about her mysterious item. Most importantly, you can now free Shadowheart during the tutorial.
Point and Click Dialogue System
The new Point and Click Dialogue System will now allow your character to provide their insights and thoughts on the world, the story, and the environment during their travels. Huge efforts have been made to make this new feature as immersive as possible. Dialogue will change depending on the context and the character you’re playing as. Should you wish to reduce the constant mumbling of your thoughts, there’s an option to make this less frequent.
Druid will be added as a class.
"With the power of the wilderness at their fingertips, Druids can transform their shape to adapt to different situations," says Larian about the newest addition. "Crunch bones and slam into enemies as a Dire Wolf or Polar Bear. Spin your silken thread over the environment as a Spider. Soar above Faerun as a Raven. Sneak into hostile spaces unnoticed as a Cat. Burrow under the earth and ambush opponents as a Badger. Or temporarily embrace the tadpole that the Mindflayers have implanted inside you, discovering a new, mysterious Aberrant Shape."
Druids will also be able to choose from one of two Circles when influencing how their play experience will be like:
- Circle of the Land: Keepers of the Old Faith, these Druids are connected to arctic wastelands, sunny coasts, scorching deserts, fair forests, green grasslands, tall mountains, treacherous swamps and even the vast, otherworldly realm of the Underdark. Based on what type of geography they’re connected to, they gain additional power.
- Circle of the Moon: Changeable as the moon, these stewards of nature haunt the deepest parts of the wilderness. Transformation is no problem for most Druids, but those who keep the ways of the moon gain the ability to morph into more powerful combative Wild Shapes like the Polar Bear.
Optional Loaded Dice
This optional change helps smooth out the extremes of the bell curve. It retains the core elements of RNG, ensuring a player can no longer be unlucky or super lucky with several dice rolls in a row. The system also runs in two parts. Dice rolls in the dialogue are different from those in combat, and this change only impacts the d20. Not damage rolls.
Speak with dead and polished cinematics
Cinematics in special cases like Speak with Dead have made huge improvements along with the ability to join conversations as an animal. The patch also adds improved animations with the Druids in the Grove as they cast spells and use their abilities. Major improvements have been made both in animation and lighting.
Those embarking on their adventure together with friends can now see other players Equipment, Spells, Inventory, and Character Sheets. As well as the ability to take and place items to and from. There is no lock function – that will come in a future patch. Your friends could, for example, steal your items, because there’s no lock function yet, but there’s no rush because they’re your friends.
Quality of life
A series of much-requested features have been implemented. Players can now target friends and enemies with spells and equipment by clicking on their portraits. As an alternative to trying to click on a character in the world, players can now easily select and attack whoever they want from the UI. We also added a flee button for the tacticians among us. And using torches has never been easier thanks to the long-awaited addition of the torch button.
Narrative cinematics has been given a new lease of life thanks to a fresh lighting pass, resulting in some truly spectacular sequences in which the story of BG3 is told.
- Entangle – Animate vines, weeds, and creeping roots to snare and restrain your foes in a specific area.
- Flame Blade – Summon a scimitar of flame, shedding bright light around you and swinging it to scorch enemies.
- Moonbeam – Create a damaging pillar of radiant moonlight.
- Produce Flame – Light dark areas with this flickering flame in your palm, illuminate torches and immolate patches of flammable liquid.
- Shillelagh – When more powerful spells fail the Druid, this Cantrip imbues a melee weapon like a club or staff with glowing energy and makes it hit much harder.
- Thorn Whip – This prickly vine lasso cuts your enemies and yanks them closer to you.
- Barkskin – The Druid turns their skin, or an ally’s, as hard as the bole of an oak tree.
- Destroy Water – Remove damaging fog or hazardous puddles in your path.
- Enhance Ability – Give an ally or yourself Bear’s Endurance, Bull’s Strength, Cat’s Grace, Eagle’s Splendor, Fox’s Cunning or Owl’s Wisdom.
- Flaming Sphere – A ball of fire that sticks around, Druids can keep this blazing orb rolling into the path of their foes.
- Goodberry – These berries grant some healing that can be carried in your inventory or eaten right away.
- Heat Metal – Superheating metal can have harmful – or even deadly – effects, especially if an opponent of yours is wearing that metal.
- Protection From Poison – This spell neutralizes toxins in the blood and also acts as a silver bullet against all known forms of poison.
- Spike Growth – Druids can transform nearby terrain into a nest of barbs that slows and damages their foes.
Patch #3 - EA 126.96.36.19971
- Improved character follower movement.
- Added an option to hide your helmet in the equipment screen. Added trajectory preview for force application when using spells.
- All characters now correctly stop running when forced turn-based mode is activated.
- Companions will now jump to follow the main player character.
- Fixed and re-enabled Larian Cross Save between all platforms.
- Assorted tweaks to companion approval ratings.
- The Combat AI now accounts for falling from jumps.
- Changed AI behaviour archetypes for the Boar, Intellect Devourer, and Tiny Spider.
- Combat music no longer ends when a character joins combat.
- Audio configuration now updates on selection of an option.
- In multiplayer, other clients can now hear the dice roll events of a player in dialog.
- Decluttered the hotbar UI by allowing selection of upcasted versions of spells with a separate widget.
- Improved look of toggle-able Passives that can be added to the hotbar.
- Improved some skill tooltips in Character Creation.
- Added a tutorial for Inspiration points.
- Cinematics: Adjusted emotions and lookats in certain areas.
- Cinematics: Camera tweaks and lighting improvements in certain areas.
- Cinematics: A large pass of improvements on emotions and attitudes.
- Cinematics: Improved fade timings.
- Cinematics: Improved blending between poses.
- Any dialog associated with a mask will play before equipping it instead of after.
- Jumping down a hole now teleports any following characters as well.
- Overhauled the sheath/unsheath weapon logic for more consistent behaviour.
- Experience is now awarded for avoiding combat and completing smaller side quests.
- Added a new sound for rolling initiative in combat.
- Fire Bolt, Ray of Frost and Acid Splash no longer create surfaces on impact. Fire Bolt still ignites flammable surfaces, and Ray of Frost still freezes water and blood puddles. Fire Bolt's damage has been adjusted accordingly
- Tweaked default ability distribution for Clerics and Rogues. Clerics start with more DEX to take advantage of medium armor; Rogues start with more INT to open them up for Arcane Trickster archetype.
- It is no longer possible to perform infinite actions by moving in and out of a White Spore Cloud in a single turn; the status from a White Spore Cloud should now persist until the end of a character's turn.
- Toned down camera shakes for spell prepare effects.
- The Shatter spell now works properly with Sculpt Spells.
- Melee Sneak Attack now requires a finesse weapon.
- Invoke Duplicity now only works properly if the attacker is within 3m of the summon.
- Surprised statuses can no longer stack.
- Increased price of drow armor to 800 gp.
- Allowed effects of multiple Hex spells to stack on the same character.
- You can now use Dash while staying hidden (sneaking).
- The party can now take 2 short rests per long rest.
- The default action on a container's tooltips is now 'Open' instead of 'Pick up'.
- Rebalanced difficulty of dialog skill checks.
- Changed the melee skeleton's ability from Cleave to Slash to make it consistent with his weapon.
- Fixed NPCs not reacting to Hunter's Mark as a hostile action.
- Tweaked the AI archetypes of Goblins.
Performance and Stability:
- Fixed not being able to load some saved games.
- Reduced long save times - better thread planning for 4-core CPUs.
- Improved stability of the Vulkan version.
- Fixed a random crash when removing a character that has followers.
- Fixed a random crash when switching weapon set while dual wielding,
- Fixed a crash when deleting a lot of saved games,
- Fixed a crash when lock-picking a heavy chest.
- Fixed a random crash on passive roll fail.
- Fixed a crash that can occur when items fall on top of each other.
- Fixed a crash while loading, related to being in a jump state
- Fixed a crash when looting several imp bodies in a sideroom in the tutorial.
- Resolved a multitude of cinematic staging issues.
- Fixed incorrect flow in some dialogues.
- Characters can now walk to positions even if blocked by an invisible object.
- Automatic pathfinding has been fixed for a few specific items.
- A weapon that can't be dual wielded will now automatically be equipped by double-clicking on it.
- All Passives should now display on the Character Sheet.
- In combat, the chance-to-hit preview should now be correct — even if your character still needs to move.
- AI melee archetypes now properly calculate damage done to allies and neutral characters. This should reduce unnecessary friendly fire when characters use any area-of-effect attacks or abilities.
- Incantation sounds have been restored to some spells.
- Summoned guards will now patrol an area before leaving it.
- Some dialogs got stuck after being prompted with a Persuasion check roll - these have been fixed.
- You can no longer switch weapon sets when casting a spell or moving to cast a spell.
- After loading a saved game, quest markers should now correctly disappear when objectives change.
- Added input delay to prevent spamming through roll states.
- Fixed a desync issue where client characters would move back to their previous positions after a jump.
- Journal notifications should no longer get stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug where visuals wouldn't show up in the Examine window.
- Fixed a bug where the player profile would not be created correctly when using specific characters in the profile name.
- Profile switching now carries over any changes made to sound settings.
- Fixed animation issues when applying statuses to NPCs in forced turn-based mode.
- Doors that have been opened now look like they're open.
- Scroll of Invisibility now costs the same as scrolls of other 2nd-level spells.
- Armor of Agathys now correctly deals 10 cold damage when using a 2nd-level spell slot.
- The Life Domain Cleric's version of Cure wounds now heals for 2d8 HP when using a 2nd-level spell slot.
- Great Weapon Fighting no longer triggers on ranged weapon attacks.
- When wielded two-handed, the quarterstaff now does 1d8 base damage instead of 1d6.
- Dissonant Whispers now shows the correct damage values at 2nd-level.
- The Mother's Loathing potion now lasts until rest (as stated in the tooltip).
- Some broken healing potions no longer display as Superior versions.
- When loading a game saved during turn-based mode (on an NPC's turn), characters now have all of their equipment properly equipped.
- Characters will now take fall damage when hit by an Eldritch Blast with the Repelling Blast passive feature.
- Faithbreaker's weapon action (Absolute Power) now correctly triggers a pushback.
- No more UI overlap when 4 players recruit Lae'zel and Us in the tutorial.
- Removed trade & attack buttons from Lae'zel's recruitment.
- When recruiting Lae'zel, you can no longer gain double XP.
- Harpies should now be able to reach more spots in combat.
- Journal entry is now correct when players leave without fighting the harpies.
- In the Thayan Cellar, skeletons now destroy their caskets when spawning.
- Music should now play and transition more cleanly in the goblin camp.
- Minthara no longer vanishes after asking certain questions.
- The moon puzzle no longer flips the moons after rotating adjacent disks in succession.
- The stats of the companion bear no longer have ten times the intended weight.
- The dialogue with Ethel and Mayrina's brothers no longer ends early if you side with no one.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from picking up the letter to Kagha.
- Removed an incorrect music trigger in the swamp.
- Lae'zel no longer refuses to speak after the encounter with the Githyanki at the bridge.
- When entering the aura of a Sussur Bloom, spells are now correctly disabled in the hotbar.
- More general quest fixes and flag check improvements to make the story experience smoother.
- Flags fixed in Kagha's denouncement scene to prevent nearly-identical nodes from repeating.
- Fixed a custom crime flag when clicking the goblins' beer tub to make sure the right dialogue appears.
- Fixed quest-giving and journal flags in the Zhent's shipment situation.
- Ensured Arabella dies when she's meant to.
- Flow-blocker fixed in Anders' dialogue - it now correctly checks the right flags.
- The Thayan undead now has idle behavior.
- Flags added to add reactivity to Shadowheart's part of the Arabella court scene.
- Edits to Lae'zel's recruitment flags in the plains to better account for the flow leading up to it.
Hotfix #4 - EA 188.8.131.5207 (PC) - EA 184.108.40.20628 (MAC)
- Addressed Windows 7 start up issues, the most common DX11 crash and a possible crash when using a Revivify scroll.
Patch #2 - EA 220.127.116.110
- Optimized overall sound settings to improve performance on lower spec machines
- Added polish to several in-game cinematics
- Attack of Opportunity indicator is now correctly hidden for invisible enemies
- Improved timing of some tutorial messages
- Improved usability of skill selection in character creation
- Added new tutorial messages related to combat
- Listening to other players’ dialogs now correctly shows the other players’ dice rolls
- The reason for a waypoint being unavailable is now displayed on the map
- Party members now correctly cancel their spell prepare state when switching to another character
- Fixed a crash on startup for specific driver and hardware combinations
- Fixed a crash related to trading with Zevlor after the raid on the grove
- Fixed a crash in dialogs related to dynamically adding items
- Fixed a crash in combat AI
- Fixed a potential crash with moving platforms
- Fixed a crash related to loading savegames while in a dialogue
- Fixed a crash when destroying multiple familiars with a single spell
- Fixed a crash related to unloading resources (when loading a save or returning to main menu)
- Fixed a blocking issue when someone would join during level transition
- Fixed a blocking issue when starting a dialog just as someone leaves the game
- Fixed not being able to save anymore on the host when another player is stuck in “in dialog” state
- Fixed players getting stuck in the same dialog inside the camp after choosing to fight Minthara
- Fixed characters being stuck in animation if downed during precast spell
- Fixed characters not being at the correct position after loading
- Fixed not being able to talk to party members after talking with gale and summoning the weave
- Fixed not being able to use some spell scrolls when out of spell slots
- Fixed a rare issue for players that don’t have a profile on startup, requiring selection or a profile or creation of a new one
- Fixed quest markers not showing up correctly when multiple markers point at the same object or location
- Fixed the tieflings’ celebrations not proceeding correctly if the player had already done a long rest right before
- Fixed the physics of the door on the Nautiloid reappearing after saving and loading
- Fixed Ethel not triggering her ambush if she leaves her home during combat
- Fixed several minor bugs related to in-game cinematics
- Fixed zone spells not targeting invisible characters
- Fixed summons from items not having an owner, causing them not to join combat
- Fixed the goblins not using the war drum correctly
- Fixed issues with lockpick progress going out of sync
- Fixed savegame screenshots being too dark
- Fixed spell sounds not playing correctly in multiplayer
- Fixed a long black screen being displayed if a dialog was started just as another player was joining
- Fixed Zevlor initiating dialog during combat
- Fixed audio settings not resetting when switching profile
- Fixed not being able to correctly switch character in trade window
- Fixed not being able to click through scenery you can see through, improving navigation
- Fixed the Gith becoming hostile incorrectly if Lae’zel was never recruited
- Fixed additional reroll when using an inspiration point
- Fixed inspiration points not being able to go up after using an inspiration point or gaining another one
- Fixed an issue with the hidden vault entrance closing again after the puzzles are already solved
- Fixed marking an item as a ware not getting set correctly
- Fixed being able to select summons in the trade window
- Fixed Zariel Tiefling clerics not being able to level up to level 4
- Fixed character creation color tooltips
- Fixed characters sometimes falling off moving platforms
- Fixed several animation issues with torches
- Fixed being able to select invalid targets for Misty Step skill
- Fixed not being able to see other players’ hidden summons at all
- Fixed party members being rearranged when detaching and reattaching characters to the group
- Fixed certain equipment still generating sound after unequipping
- Fixed several texture and skinning issues
- Fixed several minor localization issues
- Fixed minor issues with the action log
- Automatic crash reporter is now enabled for mac
Patch #1 - Launch
- Added polish and bug fixes to several in-game cinematics, such as Shadow Heart recruitment, Astarion recruitment and Volo's Poem. (These will be ongoing throughout EA).
- Added minor text tweaks to various bits and bobs.
- Altered certain dialogue choices for different NPCs.
- Added extra combat tutorial messages to better explain the basics (let us know how you get on).
- Astarion no longer thinks Lae'zel inspected you at camp when she is not in your party. Quite rightly.
- Fixed a crash related to having the level up screen open while in a dialog.
- Fixed a crash related to dropping items from inventory.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen at the start of combat.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when using the transponder at the end of the tutorial twice.
- Fixed black screen issue when ending tutorial if the transponder was used by any character that is not the main player avatar.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when reassigning characters to others players while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with lip sync not working correctly.
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed combat UI not updating correctly when someone joined during combat.
- Fixed party shared gold and items not always working in dialog checks.
- Fixed summons from NPC’s getting stuck in combat.
- Fixed levelled up characters having duplicated racial and class features.
- Fixed not being able to level up to level 4 on a Zariel Tiefling Cleric of Light due to cantrip selection.
- Fixed text cut-off issues in several interfaces.
- Fixed party members getting stuck trying to open doors they run past.
- Fixed listening in to dialogs getting stuck in multiplayer, also causing players not being able to save.
- Fixed camp button being broken after closing the camp window with escape key.
- Fixed "end the day" multiplayer message being broken if a player closed it with an escape key.
- Fixed certain quests not having map markers.
- Fixed certain secret entrances incorrectly showing up on the map.
- Fixed incorrect player portraits in the lobby screen as more people joined.
- Fixed Cambion wings and Tiefling tail animations.
- Fixed map not centering correctly on player characters in smaller subregions.
- Fixed health values not being synced correctly to the Baldur's Gate 3 twitch extension.
- Fixed superiority die not showing actual values when using abilities such as Menacing attack.
- Fixed minor issues with hair, skinning and textures on several models.
- Fixed lighting issue in owlbear cave.
- Fixed not being able to walk over corpses.
- Picking up stackable items in when in combat will no longer crash the game.
- Tweaked ragdolls to reduce the possibility of models exploding (or glitching. Idk how to explain it, but it’s spooky).
Hotfix #3 - Theft, Death & Hubris - EA 18.104.22.16868
- Fix for crash related to showing a move preview with an AoO when in combat.
- Fix for crash related to surfaces requiring concentration.
- Fix for crash related to drag and drop of items in the trade inventory.
- Gale's Scroll of Resurrection is now correctly added to the player's inventory.
Hotfix #2 - After the Storm - EA 22.214.171.12446
- Fixed multiplayer combat connectivity issues
- Fixed a crash at the end of Early Access content while playing multiplayer
- Fixed a crash when talking to Halsin in multiplayer
- Fixed a crash when returning to main menu from a dialog
- Fixed a crash when arriving in main menu related to corrupted savegames
- Fixed a startup crash related to integrated graphics
Hotfix #1 - The Journey Begins! - EA 126.96.36.19931
- Fixed a crash related to using rush-type actions
- Fixed a crash related to the target camera
- Fixed a crash in character creation
- Fixed a crash during dialogs
- Fixed overlapping items inside the inventory views
- Fixed "Pickup" and "Pickup And Add To Wares" inside containers
- Fixed a player assignment issue when someone would leave from a full multiplayer party. The leftover character can now be assigned correctly.
- Fixed an issue with summons showing up as regular companions
- Fixed an issue where players could not ready up when other players joined the lobby
- Fixed being able to move immovable objects
hows about you add more game? give us more acts, finish it before you release it in the future
You still need to adress the devils sight invocation for the Warlock. You’re still blinded if you’re inside a darkness spell. So frustrating.
Can't MOVE items across the ground since Patch #3 (12/2/2020) update.