Dank Crypt is a Location in Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3). On this page, you can find the information about the map, quests, enemies, notable items and other useful tips about Dank Crypt.
Dank Crypt Map
If you find this ruin too dark, use a torch. Or switch your controlling character to Shadowheart, as a half-elf she has Dark Vision.
Notes & Tips
(You can move some crates to block the door, even create a bunker and use ranged attacks to put bandits down, if you have a wizard in your team, you can use the Grease spell to create a surface of oil and then lit it up. Burning can deal lots of damage to enemies, especially when they stand close.
Behind the altar, there's a hidden lever to open the door without a keyhole, which leads to a deeper area of the ruin.
(The above Sarcophagus contains an uncommon weapon and an engraved key. Open it will trigger the traps. However, you can place some objects like vase or crates above the vents to prevent them from producing unfavorable terrain. There is a button on the center pillar to the left of the crypt. It will turn off the fire trap. You will need to pass a perception check to see it.)
There is also a Soul Coin in this part of the crypt. It is lying on the floor near one of the smaller sarcophagi. X:-303 Y:-331
On the other side of the sarcophagus, in one of the rooms there's a chained book called Book of Dead Gods. If you managed to open it by pass strength, dexterity, or intelligence checks, you get some scrolls. Succeed in religion check will reveal more information about this crypt.
Make your team combat-ready, before you press the hidden button at the left corridor, all the dead scribes will rise to fight you. After putting them down, you can find a very rare amulet (The Amulet of Lost Voices) in the hidden room, along with a hooded undead, who claims to be the caretaker of this place. Lucky for you, he does not wish to fight, so loot the area and leave.
(You can leave this ruin using the ladder)
- Bed Chamber
The following background objectives can be completed at this Location:
- If you acquire a Soul Coin for your personal collection, you will complete a Noble objective called Soul for Sale.
- Soul coins can be found inside the sarcophagus at key room X:-300 Y:325, the sarcophagus of Book of Dead Gods room X:-325 Y:-270, and the Rich Adored Sarcophagus.
- The Watcher's Guide can be found inside a sarcophagus.
- Unlock and read the Book of Dead Gods. The book of dead gods can be found in the Dank Crypt near the room where you find the Entombed Scribes. You have to pass a Check to open the lock and another check to examine the book closely. If you get both, complete this objective. By doing so you can complete Divinity Undone for the Acolyte and Secrets of the Sundering for the Sage background.
- If you loot the chest located in a small room after fighting the Entombed Scribes, you will find The Amulet of Lost Voices. Loot it to complete The FInal Scribe's Boon, for the Acolyte background.