Find the Mushroom Picker Objectives
- Save the dwarf
- Speak with Derryth
Find the Mushroom Picker Walkthrough
- There's a dwarf trapped in the northwest corner of Underdark, surrounded by Bibberbang. These plants exhale poisons and explode when they sense vibrations. (You can give him misty step scroll to save him)
- There's a noblestalk plant in this area, however to get it, you must not trigger the Bibberbangs.
- The dwarf requests that you get his backpack to him (or, you can give him a misty step scroll, and get the backpack later). The backpack contains a spell to make his escape easy. (You can use Mage Hand to get it, which won't trigger the Bibberbang)
- Once you saved the dwarf, he asks you to speak with Derryth.
- you can keep the Noblestalk for yourself, or give it to Baelen or Derryth. Given to Derryth and she will keep it and welcome you at her shop at Baldur's Gate. If you give it to Baelen, he regains his memory.
- You can extort Derryth for an additional reward for the Noblestalk through an intimidation check even though she says she has nothing to give. She awards you a non-magic wedding ring that sells for about 115gp and then seems to not like you afterwards. You also have an option to keep both the ring and the Noblestalk.
How to unlock Find the Mushroom Picker
- Northwest area of Underdark
Find the Mushroom Picker Rewards
Find the Mushroom Picker Notes & Tips
- An easy way to reach the backpack is to use the spell Misty Step to teleport to it. After that right click the backpack and throw it to the dwarf, being careful not to damage him.
- A strong character like Lae'zel can jump from safe spot to safe spot and reach both the backpack and Baelen without triggering the Bibberbang mushrooms.
- An imp (summoned by Wyll) can move the backpack and the torch that will set the poison fumes alight without triggering the Bibberbang mushrooms.
- The backpack contains several items beside two scrolls of Misty Step, so it pays to empy the backpack and then provide Baelen with a scroll of Misty Step - or just throw him a scroll the first time he speaks with you, and get the backpack for yourself.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!