Underdark is a location in Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3). On this page, you can find the information about the map, quests, enemies, notable items and other useful tips about Underdark.
Notes & Tips
- There are multiple ways to reach Underdark. Either through the Defiled Temple, or jump from the phase spiders' tunnel using Feather Fall, use the Portal in Overgrown Tunnel, or use the elevator at Zhentarim Hideout.
You can shot the gem hold by Selune statue to disable the traps at front gate.
- Northwest to the Selunite fort, there's a rare sword Phalar Aluve, pass religion or strength checks to get it.
- The arcane tower is at the southwest of the Underdark, however, it's front gate is guarded by 2 arcane turrets. You can use Misty step or Feather Fall to climb the mushrooms on cliff near the arcane tower.
- To access the basement of the arcane tower jump down the gap of the wooden stairwell leading to the elevator.
- In order to Turn off the Arcane Turrets and activate the elevator, you need to reach the first floor of the Tower, and then combine Sussur Blossom with the generator. (You can find some at the backyard)
- Outside the Underdark fort, there are 2 minotaurs. One of them carries an uncommon amulet - Amulet of the Unworthy.
- Right next to the Underdark Fort, among a group of petrified Drows, there's a Spectator Beholder. After you killed the Spectator, if there's still some drow left (either freed by you or the beholder), they will attack you. However, if their leader - Dhourn was killed by either you (while he is mind controlled) or beholder, they'll stay neutral. Moreover you can find a Icy Helve on Dhourn's body (used for Mourning Frost), along with some info regarding Grymforge)
- On the top right corner of under dark, there's a storehouse full of valuable items.
- Near the Underdark - Sussur tree, there are 4 Hook Horror and a wizard.
- At the Underdark Beach, there is a group of dreugers waiting to ambush you. (Unless you use tadpole's psionic power or pass Deception/Persuasion 20 to talk your way out of this.) One of the dreuger has an uncommon 2 handed weapon - Exterminator's Axe. Cast the Speak with Dead spell and you can get some information from a dead raider.
- On one of the dead villager, there's an uncommon 1 handed weapon - Shortsword of First Blood.
- Blurg, the merchant at Myconid Colony, sells a rare Helmet - Circlet of Blasting.
You can reach The Festering Cove by a jump from the above location. Succeed in Investigation (15) or Arcane checks will find out the true identity of the Boooal, if you then succeed in a Persuasion (15) or performance check, you need only to find the red cap, otherwise, all Kuo-toa will turn hostile.
- You find some Sussur tree bark for quest Finish the Masterwork weapon.
There's a dog grove you can discover at the southwest of Sussur Tree (On a cliff of sorts overlooking the druegar beach), use a shovel to find the dog collar. Later when you explore the Arcane Tower, there is a button on the 3rd floor, press it and your character notices the dog collar vibrates. It can now be equipped as an amulet, wear it and press the button again it will dispense food.
On the skeleton near mushroom picker, there's an Explorer's Ring. (You can save the mushroom picker with mage hand, it won't trigger Bibberbang.)
- Using the boat at the beach will take you to Grymforge (Duergar Camp).
- Helmet of Smiting can be found at Selunite Outpost, in a chest
- Arcane Tower
- Myconid Colony
- Sussur Tree
- Store House
- Dread Hollow
- Ebonlake Grotto
- The Festering Cove
- Blurg (at Myconid Colony)
- Protecting the Myconid
- Find the Nightsong
- Find the Mushroom Picker
- Save the Grymforge Gnomes
- Cure the Poisoned Gnome
- Defeat the Duergar Intruders
- Find The Missing Boots
- Avenge the Sovereign
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
In case anyone is wondering, the Torchstalk at the entrance to the Festering Cove will destroy the basket near it, but nothing else (including the shells). You can crouch on the upper mushroom and move the basket to the mushroom without exploding the Torchstalk, but the basket was empty on my PT.
Me as a Larian vet I just did the right thing and went in the front door, shot out the blood stone on the statue, nicked the ruby's and shot out the gargoyle heads with a bow, no spell wastage then.
You can also reach the underdark by an elevator in the Zhentarim Hideout
there's also the festering grove as a sub area. inhabited by kuo-toa
Has anyone found where is the voice in the deep hole coming from?
In the well in goblin village, you can climb down to fight phase spiders. Using featherfall you can fall into the underdark with one of the web bridges.
In the arcane tower it looks like there is a secret door on the bottom level next to the entrance. I can see through I see a staircase behind the stone wall but cannot find a way to open it.