Help the Cursed Monk Objectives
Find the lost amulet
- We read the journal of a Dark Justiciar. He mentioned an amulet of great power that also made the wearer laugh. It was cast into lava.
Travel to Wyrm's Crossing
- Travel to Baldur's Gate: We found a cursed amulet possessed by a spirit. He wants to be returned to his granddaughter in Baldur's Gate.
Find Shirra Clarwen
- We reached the Open Harnd Temple. We should look for the spirit's granddaughter - Shirra Clarwen.
Bring the Spirit of the amulet to Shirra
- We learned that Shirra Clarwen. passed away. She is buried in a crypt under the temple.
- The spirit passed Shirra's body. We agreed to take on the curse of his madness, allowing his spirit to pass on.
Help the Cursed Monk Walkthrough
- Once you talk to the Sentient Amulet, you are asked to take it to the Ghost's granddaughter at Wyrm's Crossing.
How to unlock Help the Cursed Monk
- Near the Adamantine Forge, there is an area filled with lava guarded by a Lava Elemental. To start the quest, head to the "isle" ahead, you can find an Adamantine Chest (X: -626, Y: 224. DC 25), that contains a Sentient Amulet. When you grab the Amulet, it will talk to you and grant you this quest.
- You need to pass the checks to resist the urge to laugh. If you passed perception and religion checks you will find out the ghost trapped inside the amulet is a Lathander worshiper. (Shadowheart will suggest you leave the amulet)
- When you reach Rivington in Act 3, you can return the amulet to Shirra in the Basement of Open Hand Temple.
- Once you return the amulet to Shirra, the ghost inside will possess her body, and ask you if you would take on his madness so he may pass on
- You can make an optional arcana check to see what the consequences of accepting his madness is.
- If you agree to accept his madness you will have to make 2 saving throws or you will get a debuff called Monk's Madness which grants a -1 or -2 to your wisdom score depending on if you succeeded on the saving throws.
- If you decline to take on his madness you will have to fight him. he will possess the 3 other bodies in the room and set them on you.
- If you focus on Shirra the battle ends when her body dies.
Help the Cursed Monk Rewards
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter as an Action at the potential cost of wisdom
Help the Cursed Monk Notes & Tips
- Upon picking up the amulet you will need to pass a medium DC wisdom saving throw or begin to laugh.
- Barbarians have an advantage with the roll.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!