Gale is a Companion in Baldur's Gate 3. Companions assist the player by joining his/her party and have their own backstories and unique characteristics. They all have their own Classes and starting equipment. Companions can also be selected in the Character Creation screen allowing players to play from their point of view.
Gale is a wizard prodigy whose love for a goddess made him attempt a dread feat no mortal should. Blighted by the forbidden magic of ancient Netheril, Gale strives to undo the corruption that is overtaking him and win back his goddess’ favour before he becomes a destroyer of worlds.
Gale has one ambition: to become the greatest wizard Faerûn has ever known. Yet his thirst for magic led to disaster. A Netherese Destruction Orb beats in his chest, counting down to an explosion that can level a city. Gale is confident he'll overcome it, but time is not on his side.
Gale's Starting Equipment
Gale has the following Starting Equipment
Gale's Starting Skills
Gale starts with proficiency in the following Skills:
Where to find Gale
- You'll first meet him during Act 1 at the Roadside Cliffs waypoint located just above the Nautilus wreck
Gale Approval Guide
- Telling Shadowheart in Camp that making finding the healer your top priority
- Successfully Deceive Lae’zel captors when she’s in her cage.
- Persuade Aradin and Zevlor to calm down
- Convince Rolan to stay in the Druid Grove
- Agree to help Wyll save the refugees in the Druid Grove
- Invite Wyll to camp
- Show Guex in the Druid Grove your sword fighting technique
- Say that the Druids overreacted when speaking to Marriko and Locke in the Druid Grove
- Crush the Tadpole outside of the Druid Grove
- Convince the Owlbear not to kill you in its cave
- Invite the Owlbear cub to the camp.
- Attempt to heal the Owlbear cub in camp when they are wounded.
- Convince Krolla to take the Owlbear cub after playing the game and after talking to the Owlbear cub. Paying will not earn his approval.
- Tell Scratch (dog) that he can come to your Camp if his friend doesn't wake up.
- Help Auntie Ethel when she's confronted by Johl and Demir
- Agree to help Zevlor
- Make Novice Crusher kiss your foot in the Goblin Camp
- Tell Minthara that "I'm also on a hunt-You are my pray" in the first dialogue with her.
- Help Karlach in Hunt the Devil quest
- Sympathetic behaviours.
- Fight the fake god Boooal in THE FESTERING COVE.
- Insist on helping Mayrina when talking to Auntie Ethel at her house.
- Find the evidence of Kagha working with Shadow Druids and expose her. (Quest Save the refugees)
- Pet Scratch (dog) at camp.
- Join Lae'Zal against the Tieflings if you Persuade them to free her.
- Smear dung on your face when Sentinel Olak askes you to
- Read the Necromancer Tome from Search the Cellar
- Agree to open the gate for goblin raiders.
- Tell Raphael you would do anything to remove the tadpole.
- When the player emulates the roar of a mind flayer while talking to Lorin.
- Pocket the ring when Mattis asks you to choose heads or tails
- Secrets of the Matron (Read the obscure text by a drow matron.)
- All Knowledge is Worthing Having (Finish reading the Thayan tome of necromancy)
- Secrets of the Necromancer (Discover the nature of the Thayan tome.)
- A Natural Alliance (Recognise the Druid and Harper armour)
- The Phases Unfold (Solve the moon puzzle sealing the door to the Underdark.)
- Reanimator (Correctly follow Gale's instructions to resurrect him)
- The Forbidden Arcane (Read Omeluum's notes on illithid magic)
- Secrets of the Sussur Tree (Read the treatise on Anti-Magic)
- Secrets of the High Chieftain (Read Volo's Guide to Goblins)
- Roots of the Grove (Lean local history from ther druidic frescos)
- Secrets of the Shadow Druids (Discover and read Faldron's Canticle)
- A Solitary Spider (Read the arachnomancer's journals at the bottom of the well)
- Secrets of the Sundering (Unlock and read the Book of Dead Gods)
Gale Tips and Notes
- Gale the Apothecary build
This build focuses on using Ray of Sickness to it's full potential with poison synergies. Everything else is about rounding out Gale as a human spell caster. Use Feather Fall and Misty Step to keep Gale out of harm's way. Use Light to illuminate targets for those without Darkvision.
- Gale needs to consume uncommon magic items from time to time to stop himself from exploding. You can find multiple of these items during your adventure. (The tome from Search the Cellar, the Staff of Crones from Save Mayrina, etc.) Currently there are no repercussions for ignoring him.