Owlbear Nest is a location in Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3). On this page, you can find the information about the map, quests, enemies, notable items and other useful tips about Owlbear Nest.
Owlbear Nest Map
Entrance located in the forest east of the Blighted Village, close to the river at (X:86, Y:448).
Notes & Tips
- The chest in front of the Selune statue has protective magic on it. Touch it will cause damage to your characters. Find the prayer sheet behind the statue (Perception Check), and read it in front of that chest will remove the magic. If you have Shadowheart in your team, you need to persuade her to get her approval of opening that chest.
- If you approached the giant Owlbear, you will have a chance to leave peacefully if you passed the animal handling check. (Or use animal speaking skills/potions)
You can shoot the Fissured Stalactite when the Owlbear stand right beneath it, deals good damage.
- If you defeated the Owlbear, you can find The Oak Father's Embrace (Uncommon Medium Armour) in the nest.
- You can find one piece to forge Visions of the Absolute in this cave. (another piece is on the dying True Soul next to two acolytes)
- The Oakfather's Embrace
- Owlbear Egg
- Head of a Broken Spear
- Moondrop Pendant
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
1. In my case any combat option also triggered owblear cub to be hostile (no chance to have it later in your camp)
2. When you visit the gobilin camp you will notice, that they have the owlbear cub (you can pass some tests and then invite the cub to your camp)
3. If you come back to the cave after visiting goblin camp - no fight needed just loot everything - hope it helps
The owlbear is too adorable and I can't bring myself to kill it
Don‘t o‘en the chest!
in the chest theres is an idol of selune and if you give it to shadowheart you will lose -5 sympathy xD
You can talk to the owlbear with the right skills but this only seems to allow you to escape if caught. I've yet to work out if there any other dialogue options for a non-combat ending.
The owlbear will have half a spear in it if you choose to kill it. You can combine that half with the half u get from the true soul outside the cave and make a pretty nice weapon.
Any1 know how to open the goddamn chest?