Wyll is a Companion in Baldur's Gate 3. Companions assist the player by joining his/her party and have their own backstories and unique characteristics. They all have their own Classes and starting equipment. Companions can also be selected in the Character Creation screen allowing players to play from their point of view.
Wyll made his name as a renowned hero in Baldur's Gate. But to become a living legend, he struck a bargain with a devil, a bargain from which he longs to break free before it consumes his soul for good.
Noble by birth, Wyll made his name as the heroic 'Blade of Frontiers'. He keeps his pact with a devil well-hidden, and is desperate to escape the hellish bargain - even if that means rescuing the seductive creature that made the deal.
Wyll's Starting Equipment
Wyll has the following Starting Equipment
Wyll's Starting Skills
Wyll starts with proficiency in following Skills:
Where to find Wyll
- You first find Wyll during Chapter One, Removing the Parasite quest. You will be embroiled in a battle against Goblins at the gates of an encampment. You may recruit Wyll afterward.
- If you side with Goblins, Wyll will leave the team.
Wyll Approval Guide
- Show Guex in the Druid Grove your sword fighting technique
- Crush the Tadpole outside of the Druid Grove
- Tell Scratch (dog) that he can come to your Camp if his friend doesn't wake up.
- Try to persuade the goblin guard outside the Goblin Camp
- Agree to fight Fezzerk in the Blighted Village
- Decline the Devil's invitation to remove your Tadpole
- Agree to help Zevlor
- Make Novice Crusher kiss your foot in the Goblin Camp
- Help Karlach in Hunt the Devil quest
- Find the evidence of Kagha working with Shadow Druids and expose her. (Quest Save the refugees)
- Defy Kagha by not making a habit of threatening children
- Help improve Alfira's song in the Druid Grove
- Bring Mayrina back home (Quest: Save Mayrina)
- Point out that Mayrina is being forced by Auntie Ethel to do things (Quest: Save Mayrina)
- Make a deal with Auntie Ethel to remove the Tadpole from your brain (Quest: Get Help from Auntie Ethel)
- Reassure Lae'Zel in the Camp that she will survive and please Vlaakith
- End the lives of the dying hyenas in The Risen Road
- Smear dung on your face when Sentinel Olak askes you to
- Save the goblin in the dispute between Arka and the imprisoned goblin in the Makeshift Prison
- If you choose to walk in on the two trolls having sex in the Blighted Village.
- Cruel Behaviors.
- Agree to open the gate for goblin raiders.
- He will leave you if side with the goblins.
- Allow Fezzerk to live after questioning him.
Wyll Tips and Notes
- Fire Warlock build
- Early access: It's possible for Wyll to die during the goblin battle. He may also get stuck at the gate afterwards, repeating "you'll have plenty of time to thank me later" and never moving towards the training area or giving his recruitment dialogue. The only known way to fix this is by reloading an earlier save from before the battle and trying again.
- Wyll has innate proficiency with rapiers