|Location||The Risen Road|
Zhentarim Hideout is a Location in Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3). On this page, you can find the information about the map, quests, enemies, notable items and other useful tips about Zhentarim Hideout.
Zhentarim Hideout Map
Notes & Tips
- If you have the Detect Thoughts spell, you can learn the correct password from Salazon's mind.
- You can reach this place by completing the quest Find the Missing Shipment. (Brem will also provide better wares if you helped them)
- You can free Artist Oskar by pay Brem 1000 gold (600 if succeed in persuasion).
- Lockpick, or break in the locked room will enrage the Zhenrarim caravans. (Contains 600+ gold)
- Brem sells Studded Leather Armor +1 if you complete Find the Missing Shipment. This is the best armor you can get for a Rogue in EA.
- You can pick pocket the mechanical key on Karad, then go through the illusion wall behind guard dog the find the elevator to underdark. (will enrage the caravans)
- Once you discover this location, you can report to Flaming Fist, but no further consequence in EA.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
You gotta remember this game was made by the same awesome studio as Divinity 2. Just Invis and walk right up to the chest and steal the flask.
I've learned a number of things on some testing on Patch 4 about "The Missing Shipment" quest, I'll cut to the chase:
Optimal outcome if you want to keep everyone alive:
1. Don't allow Rugan or Olly to die in the fight with the Gnolls. (You can't use Scroll of Revivify on them, so just save scum it if you have to).
2. Do NOT intimidate Rugan or plot with him to screw over the Zhentarim (just select the "leave" dialog option, Rugan tells you the password anyway).
3. Upon reaching Zhentarim Hideout, they let you in for saving Rugan and Olly. You can now buy the artist (or pass a persuade check).
4. After talking to Zarys, you unlock the additional stock from Brem.
5. You can now (carefully) go around and steal whatever you might want from them, the guards that patrol the upper and lower bridges have keys to pickpocket for the doors in the back. Careful, the chests in the lower room are trapped, but you can disarm them).
As far as I understand, the 2 conditions to get access to the Brem trader expanded merch are for Rugan (Olly) to return with the box. So you cannot steal the box and get access to the Trader items at the same time. However, what you can do is to lockpick the box and get the Iron Flask out of it with no consequences.
How I did it was, put my party next to the cave with Rugan and gnolls and send my main char to the hideout. Pass the check on the gatekeeper Salazon (High Dex check or Detect thoughts). Went down and talk to Zarys (Bunch of checks Detect thoughts included). Pick up the Find the missing shipment quest. Then kill the gnolls with the rest of my party. Lockpick the box. Rest in the camp 2 times until Rugan returns. Talk to Zarys with my main char - Rugan is back by then. Profit
You can make a (very difficult) Intimidation check (mine was 20!) to get the price down from 1000 to 600 to purchase the Artist slave.
Then the artist wanted 200 more gold to get home. Presumably he pays you back or benefits you somehow in Baldur's Gate.
I delivered the sealed box to Zarys (from "Find the missing shipment"). She gave me a reward (and xp) and said I'm a friend now but when I went to see Brem again he still does not show me his better wares. Was there something else required in order to gain access to his items or is this a bug?
On the top left of the map, there is a wolf all alone next to a rocky wall, he does not wander around but just stays still, guarding. By getting close to that specific wall, it is possible to learn that it's actually an illusory wall that leads to a hidden room with an elevator (needs lockpicking or it won't move). It leads to a storehouse in the underdark, where it is possible to find a bunch of valueabes such as crystals and jewelry, some weapons too. It's a very easy access to the underdark especially for who does not feel like poking the spider matriarch yet, the spot is very close to the myconid colony too.
Do not free the artist. This guy is a bum who asks you for even more money after you paid to free him and it doesn't look like you'll be able to finish his quest until you reach Baldur's Gate so you'll never make your money back.
Advanced wares seem to be available when you help them and don't try to cross them. Looks like first encounter should be with caravan remnants, not hideout. Folks must survive, killing them or letting to die and bringing box to the Zarys doesn't help.