Lvl 2 Transmutation
Grant a creature the ability to see in the dark out to a range of 12m.
Until Long Rest
ActionLevel 2 Spell Slot
Darkvision is a Spell in Baldur's Gate 3. Darkvision is a Lvl 2 Spell from the Transmutation school. Spells can be used for dealing damage to Enemies, inflict Status Ailments, buff Characters or interact with the environment.
- Description: Grant a creature the ability to see in the dark out to a range of 12m.
- Level: Lvl 2 spell
- School: Transmutation School
- Casting Time: Action
- Duration: Until Long Rest
- Range: Melee
- Requires Concentration: No
- Saving Throw: None
How to Acquire Darkvision
- Darkvision can be acquired by the following classes and races:
- Darkvision can be cast by using the following Items:
Darkvision Tips & Notes
- For any non-summon spell that lasts until Long Rest, the caster does not need to be in your party once you leave camp as long as the spell does not require concentration. Therefore, you can easily cast this spell on any party members you plan to use while leaving the caster back in camp.
- If the caster of this spell removes it from their prepared spells list, the spell's effect will end immediately.
- For Creatures with Darkvision, Darkness is treated as Dim Light, and Dim Light is treated as Bright Light. They can see in pure darkness up to 12m, but other creatures can still hide from you as it is still considered as"Dim Light" for you. You can also completely see creatures in Dim Light as it is treated as "Bright Light" for you.
- See Superior Darkvision.
- Other Notes & Tips go here.