Ranger is a Class in Baldur's Gate 3. Rangers primary ability is Dexterity, their saving throw proficiencies are Strength & Dexterity and they have a Hit Dice of 1d10. They have proficiency with Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Shields, Light Armour and Medium Armour.
Rangers are unrivalled scouts and trackers, honing a deep connection with nature in order to hunt their favoured prey.
- Strength Saving Throw Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to Strength Saving Throws.
- Dexterity Saving Throw Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to Dexterity Saving Throws.
- Light Armour Proficiency: Wearing Light Armour will not impose disadvantage on your attacks or prevent the casting of Spells.
- Medium Armour Proficiency: Wearing Medium Armour will not impose disadvantage on your attacks or prevent the casting of Spells.
- Shield Proficiency: Wearing a Shield will not impose disadvantage on your attacks or prevent the casting of Spells.
- Simple Weapon Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to all attacks made with Simple Weapons.
- Martial Weapon Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to all attacks made with Martial Weapons.
When you create a Ranger, you must choose one of the following Favored Enemies, this allows the Ranger to gain certain Proficiency or learn a new Spell.
- Bounty Hunter: Gain Proficiency in Investigation and learn the Thieves' Cant passive. Creatures you Restrain have a harder time escaping.
- Keeper of the Veil: Gain Proficiency in Arcana, and can cast Protection from Evil and Good.
- Mage Breaker: Gain Proficiency with Arcana and the True Strike cantrip. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for this Spell
- Ranger Knight: Gain Proficiency with History and Heavy Armour.
- Sanctified Stalker: Gain Proficiency in Religion and the Sacred Flame Cantrip. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for this Spell
When you create a Ranger, you must choose one of the following types of Natural Explorer, this allows the Ranger to increase the amount of skills at his/her disposal.
- Beast Tamer: You can cast Find Familiar as a ritual.
- Urban Tracker: You gain Proficiency with the disguise kits and thieves' tools.
- Wasteland Wanderer: Cold: Gain resistance to Cold damage, taking only half from it.
- Wasteland Wanderer: Fire: Gain resistance to Fire, only taking half damage from it.
- Wasteland Wanderer: Poison: Gain resistance to Poison and take only half damage from it.
- Note that Rangers begin the game witth 10 HP + their Constitution Modifier, and then gain 6 HP + their Constitution Modifier every level thereafter.
- Rangers will pick a subclass at Level 3. When this happens, they will also gain the benefits of that subclass.
Pick one Favored Enemy between
Pick one Natural Explorer trait between
- Spell Slots Unlocked (2 LvL 1 Slots)
Pick 1 Spells from
- Spell Slots Unlocked (1 LvL 1 Slot)
Pick one Feat from
- Note 1
- Note 2