Ranger Initial Features
Ranger is a Class in Baldur's Gate 3. Rangers primary ability is Dexterity, their saving throw proficiencies are Strength & Dexterity and they have a Hit Dice of 1d10. They have proficiency with Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Shields, Light Armour and Medium Armour.
Rangers are unrivalled scouts and trackers, honing a deep connection with nature in order to hunt their favoured prey.
Ranger Class Features
- Strength Saving Throw Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to Strength Saving Throws.
- Dexterity Saving Throw Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to Dexterity Saving Throws.
- Light Armour Proficiency: Wearing Light Armour will not impose Disadvantage on your attacks or prevent Spellcasting.
- Medium Armour Proficiency: Wearing Medium Armour will not impose Disadvantage on your attacks or prevent Spellcasting.
- Shield Proficiency: Wearing a Shield will not impose Disadvantage on your attacks or prevent Spellcasting.
- Simple Weapon Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to all attacks made with Simple Weapons.
- Martial Weapon Proficiency: Add your Proficiency Bonus to all attacks made with Martial Weapons.
When you create a Ranger, you must choose one of the following Favored Enemies, this allows the Ranger to gain certain Proficiency or learn a new Spell.
- Bounty Hunter: Gain Proficiency in Investigation and learn the Thieves' Cant passive. Creatures you hit with Ensnaring Strike have disadvantage on the saving throw.
- Keeper of the Veil: Gain Proficiency in Arcana, and can cast Protection from Evil and Good.
- Mage Breaker: Gain Proficiency with Arcana and the True Strike cantrip. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for this Spell
- Ranger Knight: Gain Proficiency with History and Heavy Armour.
- Sanctified Stalker: Gain Proficiency in Religion and the Sacred Flame Cantrip. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for this Spell
When you create a Ranger, you must choose one of the following types of Natural Explorer, this allows the Ranger to increase the amount of skills at his/her disposal.
- Beast Tamer: You can cast Find Familiar as a ritual.
- Urban Tracker: You gain Proficiency with the disguise kits and thieves' tools.
- Wasteland Wanderer: Cold: Gain resistance to Cold damage, taking only half from it.
- Wasteland Wanderer: Fire: Gain resistance to Fire, only taking half damage from it.
- Wasteland Wanderer: Poison: Gain resistance to Poison and take only half damage from it.
- Note that Rangers begin the game witth 10 HP + their Constitution Modifier, and then gain 6 HP + their Constitution Modifier every level thereafter.
- Rangers will pick a subclass at Level 3. When this happens, they will also gain the benefits of that subclass.
Pick one Favored Enemy between
Pick one Natural Explorer trait between
- Spell Slots Unlocked (2 LvL 1 Slots)
Pick a Class Passive from
Pick 2 Spells from
- Spell Slots Unlocked (1 LvL 1 Slot)
Pick a Subclass
You may replace learned spells by others that share the same level and are available on the pool.
Pick 2 Spells From
Pick one Feat from
- Spell Slots Unlocked (1 LvL 1 Slot)
- Spell Slots Unlocked (2 LvL 1 Slot)
- Extra Attack
Chose one spell from:
- Spike Growth
- Lesser Restoration
- Pass Without Trace
- Protection from Poison
Ranger Tips & Builds
- Note 1
- Note 2
In Other Languages
- Español (España): Explorador
Arcane Trickster ♦ Barbarian ♦ Bard ♦ Battle Master ♦ Beast Master ♦ Berserker ♦ Circle of the Land ♦ Circle of the Moon ♦ Cleric ♦ College of Lore ♦ College of Valour ♦ Draconic Bloodline ♦ Druid ♦ Eldritch Knight ♦ Fighter ♦ Hunter ♦ Knowledge Domain ♦ Life Domain ♦ Light Domain ♦ Monk ♦ Nature Domain ♦ Oath of the Ancients ♦ Oathbreaker ♦ Paladin ♦ Rogue ♦ Sorcerer ♦ Tempest Domain ♦ The Fiend ♦ The Great Old One ♦ Thief ♦ Trickery Domain ♦ War Domain ♦ Warlock ♦ Wild Magic ♦ Wizard
so can i cast a spell on arrows??
I chose Ranger Knight but didn't get the Heavy Armor Proficiency.
Changed it so it shows that it shows that Creatures hit with an Ensnaring Strike have disadvantage against the save when you choose bounty hunter.
I made a 15 Strength , 16 Dexterity, 10 Wisdom build. Heavy armor and Shield on a Wood Elf that uses a rapier. At Level 4 I plan to take Shield Master or Defensive Duelist. Fighting style is Defense for +1 AC. Low Wisdom does not matter because I do not use spells that target the enemy.
Why does it say that Ranger has a hit dice of d10, but then it subclasses have all d8?
On level 3 you may pick only one new spell, not two.
Note, probably for the tipps section: Although the game tells you that dexterity is the rangers main stat, that does not have to be the case. I am currently playing a strength based ranger and it works perfectly fine...
Is there a reason that the dev team decided to go with the original ranger over the revised ranger?
all beast choices (none under CR1/4 listed)
The "best" beast choices,if BG3 used same rules as 5e, are: (in 4 tiers) #1: Pteranodon & Velociraptor #2: Giant Poisonous Snake & Giant Wolf Spider #3: Giant Frog & Wolf #4: Panther & Giant Badger