Druids, Rangers, and Clerics use Wisdom as their Spelicasting Ability - the likelihood spells will land.
Wisdom is an Ability in Baldur's Gate 3. Each ability affects a broad range of capabilities, including skills or Spells that a character or a monster can be proficient in.
- Druids, Rangers, and Clerics use Wisdom as their Spelicasting Ability - the likelihood spells will land.
A Wisdom check might reflect an effort to read body language, understand someone’s feelings, notice things about the environment, or care for an injured person. The Animal Handling, Insight, Medicine, Perception, and Survival skills reflect aptitude in certain kinds of Wisdom checks
- Animal Handling: When there is any question whether you can calm down a domesticated animal, keep a mount from getting spooked, or intuit an animal’s intentions, the game might call for a Wisdom (Animal Handling) check. You also make a Wisdom (Animal Handling) check to control your mount when you attempt a risky maneuver
- Insight: Your Wisdom (Insight) check decides whether you can determine the true intentions of a creature, such as when searching out a lie or predicting someone’s next move. Doing so involves gleaning clues from body language, speech habits, and changes in mannerisms.
- Medicine: A Wisdom (Medicine) check lets you try to stabilize a dying companion or diagnose an illness
- Perception: Your Wisdom (Perception) check lets you spot, hear, or otherwise detect the presence of something. It measures your general awareness of your surroundings and the keenness of your senses. For example, you might try to hear a conversation through a closed door, eavesdrop under an open window, or hear monsters moving stealthily in the forest. Or you might try to spot things that are obscured or easy to miss, whether they are orcs lying in ambush on a road, thugs hiding in the shadows of an alley, or candlelight under a closed secret door
- Survival: The game might make a Wisdom (Survival) check to follow tracks, hunt wild game, guide your group through frozen wastelands, identify signs that owlbears live nearby, predict the weather, or avoid quicksand and other natural hazards
- Other Wisdom Checks.
- Get a gut feeling about what course of action to follow
- Discern whether a seemingly dead or living creature is undead
Clerics, Druids, and Rangers use Wisdom as their spellcasting ability, which helps determine the saving throw DCs of spells they cast
Wisdom Tips & Notes
In Other Languages
- Español (España): Sabiduría
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!