Monk Initial Features
Monk is a Class in Baldur's Gate 3. Monks primary ability is Dexterity & Wisdom, their saving throw proficiencies are Strength & Dexterity and they have a Hit Dice of 1d8 per monk level. They have proficiency with Simple weapons, shortswords.
Monks in DnD are inspired by the Monastic traditions of Asia and are the newest addition to the Baldur's Gate 3 roster. They were officially revealed just before the official release of the game and were not available during the Early Access of the game. Developers wanted to have different approaches, which introduced the 3 Subclasses: Way of the Open Hand, Way of Shadow, and Way of the Four Elements, which are each distinct interpretations of what a Monk means. The Monk in Baldur's Gate 3 will focus on different Monk abilities that will vary in style across the different subclasses from elemental abilities and Spells, to ninja-like combat actions.
"Channel your cosmic enlightenment by deftly dodging and efficiently disassembling your foes through stunning strikes and a whirlwind of martial art attacks."
BG3 Monk Class Features
- Hit Points at 1st level: 8 + Constitution modifier
- Hit Points at Higher Levels: 5 + Constitution modifier
- Weapons: Simple Weapons, Shortsword
- Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity,
- Skills: Choose 2 Skills from: Acrobatics, Athletics, History, Insight, Religion, Stealth
Unique Class Feature
- Flurry of Blows (Action)
- Unarmoured Defense
- Martial Arts: Dextrous Attacks
- Martial Arts: Deft Strikes
- Martial Arts: Bonus Unarmed Strike
BG3 Monk Class Progression
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Level 5
- Level 6
- Level 7
- Level 8
- Choose a Feat - Choose one from the Feats list
- Level 9
- Level 10
- Level 12
Monk Specific Gear (In Order of Appearance)
|Corellon's Grace (Auntie Ethel - Act 1)||Gloves of Uninhibited Kushigo (Derryth Bonecloak - Act 1)||Armour of Uninhibited Kushigo (Sergeant Thrinn - Act 1)||Hat of Uninhibited Kushigo (Quartermaster Talli - Act2)|
|Gloves of Crushing (Roah Moonglow - Act 2)||Garb of the Land and Sky (Enthral Danthelon - Act 3)|
Monk Tips & Builds
- Monks gain 1 additional Ki Point at each level after the 1st.
- Monks have Unarmored Defense like Barbarian, but with Wisdom and Dexterity affecting their Armor Class. Focus on Dexterity to maximize your unarmored benefits while also increasing your damage potential before moving to Wisdom.
- Way of the Open Hand is a good choice for beginners due to its versatile combat options.
- Way of the Shadow becomes more potent after gaining Shadow Step at level 6.
- Hold off on multi-classing your Monk until after level 5 to access their extra attack feature, which significantly boosts your damage potential.
- Choose Way of the Open Hand for control and debuffs, or Way of Shadow for stealth and teleportation abilities, based on your preferences.
- Activate Flurry of Blows to make 2 unarmed strikes as a bonus action while retaining all extra unarmed damage effects from items and feats. (Pairs really well with the Tavern Brawler)
In Other Languages
- Español (España): Monje