Lvl 1 Conjuration
Your attack summons thorny vines, dealing 1d6+3 Piercing damage and possibly Ensnaring your target on a hit.
Action + Bonus Action +Spell Slot
Ensnaring Strike is a Spell in Baldur's Gate 3. Ensnaring Strike is a Lvl 1 Spell from the Conjuration school. Spells can be used for dealing damage to Enemies, inflict Status Ailments, buff Characters or interact with the environment.
Ensnaring Strike Information
- Description: Your attack summons thorny vines, dealing 1d6+3 Piercing and possibly Ensnaring your target on a hit.
- Ensnared creatures take 1d6 Piercing at the start of each turn.
- The creature or an ally can use its action to try to tear away the vines.
- Level: Lvl 1 spell
- School: Conjuration School
- Casting Time: Bonus Action
- Range: 18m
- Target: Creature
- Duration: 10 turns
- Requires Concentration: Yes
- Saving Throw: Strength
How to Acquire Ensnaring Strike
Ensnaring Strike can be acquired by the following classes:
- Oath of the Ancients (Paladin Sub Class)
Ensnaring Strike can be cast by using the following Items:
- Sorrow (Melee only)
Ensnaring Strike Tips & Notes
- Ensnared condition: Cannot move and takes 1d6 Piercing Damage per turn. Attack Rolls against the creature have Advantage, while the creature's Attack Rolls and Dexterity Saving Throws have Disadvantage. Help Action removes condition. If Ensnaring Strike misses, Bonus Action and Spell Slot is not used.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
It's better than people think. Works with Strength based Rangers too.
Ensnaring Strike spell can be cast as a melee or ranged attack. It uses an action + spell slot, not a bonus action. It does weapon damage + bonus damage from Stat abilities. At the beginning of their turn an ensnared person/creature takes 1d6 piercing damage. The initial attack can proc colossus slayer however the ensnared damage every turn does not. It requires a melee/ranged attack to hit, after which the person attacked makes a str save vs your spell casting DC (10+wis). A friendly unit can use the Help action to free an ensnared target however the target cannot free itself unless it passes a str check made at the beginning of each turn. The ensnaring effect also requires concentration to cast and maintain. Even if the ensnare is resisted, it still uses concentration meaning it is not compatible with hunters mark or other spells that require your concentration.