Lv 1 Enchantment Spell
Action +Spell Slot
Bane is a Level is a Spell in Baldur's Gate 3. Bane is a Lvl 1 Spell from the Enchantment school, and it inflicts a penalty to Attack Rolls and saving throws.. Spells can be used for dealing damage to Enemies, inflict Status Ailments, buff Characters or interact with the environment.
- Description: Target up to 3 creatures. They receive a 1d4 penalty to Attack Rolls and Saving Throws.
- Level: 1
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Action
- Range: 9m9m
- Requires Concentration: Yes
- Saving Throw: Charisma
- Additional Details: When bane is cast, instead of choosing 3 creatures, the player targets a 30ft radius area, the center of which must be within the 30ft range. Three enemy creatures within the chosen area are targeted at random.
Duration: 10 Turns
(This Condition ends early if Concentration is broken)
Has a 1d4 penalty to attack rolls and saving throws.
How to Acquire Bane
Bane can be acquired by the following classes:
- College of Lore
- College of Valour
- Warlock, with the Thief of Five Fates Eldritch Invocation
Bane can be cast by using the following Items:
- Gloves of Power will give you bane if you don't have Absolute's mark.
Bane Tips & Notes
- Despite a range of 30ft, due to how bane's targeting works it can affect creatures up to 60ft away.
- Usually the player will not be able to specifically choose which three creatures are affected.
- The penalty from bane is easy to miss, as it is applied silently. Hovering the cursor over the die roll will show an an unnamed penalty being applied.
- Differences from D&D 5th Edition: In 5E, the caster may specifically choose the targets, but they must all be within 30ft.