Half-Elf is a Race in Baldur's Gate 3. Half-Elves feature Fey Ancestry and the ability to see in the dark. While creating your Character in Baldur's Gate 3, you can choose between 11 different types of Races. Each of them has their own special characteristics.
- BG3 Full Game Note: In the full launch of Baldur's Gate 3, Ability Score Points for Races that were present in Early Access are removed. And instead, Ability Score Points in the full game correspond with the Class players will choose.
Curious, ambitious, and versatile, half-elves are welcome everywhere, but struggle without a community to call their own.
Half-Elf Traits in Baldur's Gate 3
- Base Racial Speed: Move up to 9m per turn.
- Civil Militia: Proficiency with Spears, Pikes, Halberds, and Glaives, Light Armour and Shield.
- Fey Ancestry: Advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
- Darkvision: See in the dark up to 12 m.
BG3 Half-Elf Subraces
- High Half-Elf
- Wood Half-Elf
- Drow Half-Elf
Half-Elf Tips & Notes
- During Early Access, the Half-Elf race used to feature +2 Charisma. This has been changed in the full launch of BG3 and the Ability Score points are now associated with the Class that players will choose.