Bestow guidance upon a creature. It receives a d4 bonus to an ability check of its choice.
- Description: Bestow guidance upon a creature. It receives a d4 bonus to an ability check of its choice.
- Level: Cantrip
- School: Divination
- Casting Time: Action
- Range: 1.5m/5ft
- Requires Concentration: Yes
- Saving Throw: None
- Additional Details: Guidance inflicts the Guidance Condition (see below), though this isn't mentioned in the tooltip.
Duration: 10 Turns
(The Condition ends early if Concentration is broken)
Target adds 1d4 for ability rolls for the duration of this spell.
How to Acquire Guidance
Guidance can be acquired by the following classes:
Guidance can be cast by using the following Items:
Guidance Tips & Notes
- The bonus from guidance can be easy to miss, because it's applied silently. Hovering over the die roll with the mouse will show an unnamed bonus being applied.
- Differences from D&D 5th Edition: In 5E, guidance only affects one ability check during the duration rather than all of them.