Bardic inspiration

combat inspiration action bg3 wiki guide 150px


Inspire an ally to go beyond their capabilities with your performance

They can add a +1d8 bonus to their next Attack Roll, Ability Check, or Saving Throw

combat inspiration action bg3 wiki guide 35px Until Long Rest
range icon bg3 wiki guideRange: 18m

bonus action icon baldursgate3 wiki guide 25px Bonus Action bardic inspiration icon bg3 wiki guide Bardic Inspiration

Bardic inspiration is an Action in Baldur's Gate 3. Actions can be used in both exploration and combat to maneuver across the battlefield or to harm or aid Characters. The actions that a Character can perform are based on their Class and Equipment.


Bardic inspiration Information

  • Inspire an ally with your performance
  • They can add a +1d8 bonus to their next Attack Roll, Ability Check, or Saving Throw
  • combat inspiration action bg3 wiki guide 35px Until Long Rest
  • Type: Actions
  • range icon bg3 wiki guideRange: 18m


How to unlock Bardic inspiration

Bardic inspiration can be unlocked by the following classes:


Bardic inspiration Tips & Notes

  • Notes & Tips go here
All Actions in Baldur's Gate 3
Absolute Power  ♦  Action Surge  ♦  Arcane Recovery  ♦  Attack of Opportunity  ♦  Backbreaker  ♦  Blessing of the Trickster  ♦  Brace  ♦  Brace (Melee)  ♦  Brace (Ranged)  ♦  Claws  ♦  Cleave  ♦  Click Heels (Class Actions)  ♦  Combat Inspiration  ♦  Concussive Smash  ♦  Control Undead  ♦  Create Sorcery Points  ♦  Create Spell Slot  ♦  Crippling Strike  ♦  Cunning Action: Dash  ♦  Cunning Action: Disengage  ♦  Cutting Words  ♦  Dash  ♦  Dip  ♦  Disarming Attack (Melee)  ♦  Disarming Attack (Ranged)  ♦  Disengage  ♦  Divine Sense  ♦  Diving Strike  ♦  Dreadful Aspect  ♦  End Rage  ♦  Endless Rage  ♦  Enraged Throw  ♦  Fear Ray  ♦  Flourish  ♦  Force Tunnel  ♦  Frenzied Strike  ♦  Frenzy  ♦  Galvanic Currents  ♦  Goad  ♦  Hamstring Shot  ♦  Hamstring Shot Action  ♦  Healing Radiance  ♦  Heartstopper  ♦  Help  ♦  Hide  ♦  Holy Rebuke  ♦  Horde Breaker (Melee)  ♦  Horde Breaker (Ranged)  ♦  Horrific Visage  ♦  Improvised Melee Weapon  ♦  Inciting Howl  ♦  Inkblot  ♦  Invoke Duplicity  ♦  Jump Action  ♦  Lacerate  ♦  Lay on Hands  ♦  Lay on Hands: Cure  ♦  Lay on Hands: Greater Healing  ♦  Lay on Hands: Lesser Healing  ♦  Lightning Aura  ♦  Lightning Blast  ♦  Main Hand Attack  ♦  Menacing Attack (Melee)  ♦  Menacing Attack (Ranged)  ♦  Mobile Shot  ♦  Natural Recovery  ♦  Nature's Wrath  ♦  Offhand Attack (Melee)  ♦  One with Shadows  ♦  Paralyzing Ray  ♦  Perform  ♦  Pickpocket  ♦  Piercing Shot  ♦  Piercing Strike  ♦  Pin Down  ♦  Pommel Strike  ♦  Prepare  ♦  Preserve Life  ♦  Primal Stampede  ♦  Psionic Pull  ♦  Pushing Attack (Melee)  ♦  Pushing Attack (Ranged)  ♦  Radiance of the Dawn  ♦  Rage: Bear Heart  ♦  Rage: Eagle Heart  ♦  Rage: Elk Heart  ♦  Rage: Tiger Heart  ♦  Rage: Wolf Heart  ♦  Rally  ♦  Ranged Attack  ♦  Ranger's Companion  ♦  Reckless Attack  ♦  Reflective Shell  ♦  Repulsor  ♦  Restore Bardic Inspiration  ♦  Rush  ♦  Rush Attack  ♦  Sacred Weapon  ♦  Shove  ♦  Shrouded in Shadow  ♦  Slash  ♦  Smash  ♦  Sneak Attack (Melee)  ♦  Sneak Attack (Ranged)  ♦  Song of Rest  ♦  Spiteful Suffering  ♦  Sprint (Action)  ♦  Stage Fright  ♦  Sting  ♦  Summon Companion  ♦  Supernatural Attraction  ♦  Survival Instinct  ♦  Throw  ♦  Tiger's Bloodlust  ♦  Toogle Non-Lethal Attacks  ♦  Topple  ♦  Trip Attack (Melee)  ♦  Trip Attack (Ranged)  ♦  Turn the Faithless  ♦  Turn the Unholy  ♦  Turn Undead  ♦  Unrelenting Ferocity  ♦  Vampire Bite  ♦  Weakening Strike  ♦  Wild Shape Action  ♦  Wild Shape: Badger  ♦  Wild Shape: Bear  ♦  Wild Shape: Cat  ♦  Wild Shape: Deep Rothé  ♦  Wild Shape: Dire Raven  ♦  Wild Shape: Spider  ♦  Wild Shape: Wolf  ♦  Wounding Ray

Tired of anon posting? Register!
    • Anonymous

      I know this is beating a dead horse but this is the feature that gets hit the worst by Larian's awful approach to triggered abilities (until counterspell is added lol).
      Suppose you are a struggling fighter and practically every roll you make requires a 11+ to succeed.
      Like all of the BG3 triggered effects, this immediately has a 50% chance of being wasted (i.e. you succeed without needing to add the bonus), on top of a 32.5% chance that the bonus will be insufficient (you roll 1-4 or 5-9 and a bad d6) meaning that it is only useful 17.5% of the time, which is a pretty ****ing awful rate.
      Now consider the possibility that you only use it after rolling (as is in the SRD) - in this case you never waste it on an already succeeding or irretrievably failing roll, so the 50% of 11+ and 20% of 4- are removed from the probability space, making your 17.5% into a whopping 58.33%! Furthermore, you can actually save it to use on a Dex save against that incoming Disintegrate rather than being forced to opportunity attack a turned undead and waste inspiration on it.
      While this is simplistic, ignoring the possibility of simply taking the fail on a roll of 5 and saving for a more likely success, and the possibility that you incorrectly guess the DC or AC (not too likely given how public most of BG3 stats are), it demonstrates just how much worse this feature is due to the removal of triggered ability choices. The chance of 17.5% to be wasted in BG3 is also an upper bound! For an exceptionally easy check it can be as low as 5% and for an exceptionally difficult attack roll it goes down to 0.83%!
      While the removal of triggers is a pretty blanket nerf, it really does **** on any party with a bard in it, turning their core feature from a life saving game changer into literally doing nothing 82.5% of the time.

    Load more
    ⇈ ⇈