Wild Shape: Spider
Assume the shape of a giant spider that can Enweb enemies. The giant spider has a starting health of 20 hit points that increases every two druid levels.
When your beast form drops to 0 hit points, you revert back to your normal form.
Action Wild Shape Charge
Wild Shape: Spider is an Action in Baldur's Gate 3. Actions can be used in both exploration and combat to maneuver across the battlefield or to harm or aid Characters. The Actions that a Character can perform are based on their Class and Equipment. Wild Shape can be used in different situations both inside and outside of combat for various situations. The same can be said for Baldur's Gate 3, but naturally tailor-fit for the video game format. That being said, each transformation provides different uses and functions for a variety of situations. In the tabletop format, a Druid can stay in their Wild Shape form for a specific number of hours determined by half of the character's Druid levels (rounded down).
Wild Shape: Spider Information
- Assume the shape of a giant spider that can Enweb enemies. The giant spider has a starting health of 20 hit points that increases every two druid levels.
- While in animal shape, you can't talk or cast spells. You take on the attributes of your beast form - excluding your Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores.
- When your beast form drops to 0 hit points, you revert back to your normal form.
- Type: Action Wild Shape Charge
- Range: N/A
- Spider grants the Venomous Bite action, a melee attack that does 1d8 + 3 Piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 13 Constitution Saving Throw or become poisoned for 2 turns.
- Spiders can use Web: Cover a target in thick, flammable webbing that can Enweb creatures within.
- Wild Shape: Spider has the following stats in the character sheet after transformation. HP: 20, AC: 14, Speed: 11m, Initiative:+3, Strength: 14, Dexterity: 16, and Constitution: 12
How to unlock Wild Shape: Spider
Wild Shape Action can be unlocked by the following classes:
- Druid at level 2
HOW TO USE WILD SHAPE: SPIDER IN BG3
Unlocked at level two as a Druid, Wild Shape: Spider allows the user to transform into a large spider both inside and outside of combat engagements. Within combat, this transformation takes up an Action, unless the character uses it as Combat Wild Shape, learned only by the Druid Subclass Circle of the Moon, in which it's used as a Bonus Action instead. Mainly used in combat, the terrifying spider transformation boasts great utility for combat engagements, along with its strong physical Abilities. Its Venomous Bite Action has a good chance to Poison targets. This is especially useful against spellcasters, as any casting can get interrupted by Poison ticks, which also stop any other Actions that need Concentration. Wild Shape: Spider also has a Web Action that can Enweb Enemies, which renders them immobile until saved by their rolls. This crowd control Action hits a moderately large area, allowing you to set yourself or allies up to hit multiple Enemies at once. It can already be a viable source of damage by itself when shot into an area with fire, as the webs are flammable. The spider transformation is able to jump and climb higher structures with ease, along with its moderate speed. It also boasts a high bonus Initiative, granted by its high Dexterity, so transforming into a spider before a combat engagement is a viable tactic.
Wild Shape: Spider Tips & Notes
- Wild Shape: Spider will be considered a Bonus Action if you selected Combat Wild Shape (Circle of the Moon) and an Action if you selected Wild Shape (Circle of the Land).
- Wild Shape: Spider grants the Venomous Bite action, a melee attack that does 1d8 + 3 Piercing damage and the target must make a DC 13 Constitution Saving Throw or become poisoned for 2 turns (Note that in the current version hovering over this action will display a damage bonus based on your character's Dexterity modifier, however the damage is correctly calculated using the Spider's Dexterity when attacking)