Sneak Attack (Ranged) is an Action unique to Rogues in Baldur's Gate 3. Actions can be used in both exploration and combat to manouver across the battlefield or to harm or aid Characters. The actions that a Character can perform are based on their Class an Equipment
Sneak Attack (Ranged) Information
- Requirement: Ranged Weapon in main-hand.
- Range: 18m
- Recharge: Once per Turn
- Sneak Attack scaling by Level:
- Level 1-2: +1d6
- Level 3-4: +2d6
- Level 5-6: +3d6
- Level 7-8: +4d6
- Level 9-10: +5d6
- Level 11-12: +6d6
How to unlock Sneak Attack (Ranged)
- Can be unlocked by the following class:
- Rogue Lvl 1
- Rogue Lvl 1
Sneak Attack (Ranged) Tips & Notes
- Sneak Attack is best used, not as a separate action, but when set to be triggered automatically under your character's Spellbook > Reactions tab. Here you can set conditions for the trigger. This allows you to combine Sneak Attack with Weapon Actions and other types of attacks.
- Some ways to get Advantage so your Sneak Attack can be executed:
- As of Patch #1: You can Sneak Attack with Ranged Spell Attacks requiring an Attack Roll to determine whether you hit, e.g. Fire Bolt or Eldritch Blast. Sneak Attack damage will apply only once and you need to wield a Finesse or Ranged weapon.
- This scales on Rogue levels only and on odd numbers only, not on your total character level. For example, if you multiclass at level 5, only levels 3 and 5 will count and will add 1d6 damage each level, even when you reach character level 12. Level 1 Rogue will not count with the scaling as it is not gained.