Sneak Attack (Melee) is an Action unique to Rogues in Baldur's Gate 3. Actions can be used in both exploration and combat to maneuver across the battlefield or to harm or aid Characters. The actions that a Character can perform are based on their Class an Equipment
Sneak Attack (Melee) Information
- Deal extra damage to a foe you have Advantage against. Also works if you have an ally within 1.5m of the target and you don't have Disadvantage
- Type: Action
- Weapon requirement: Finesse Weapon on your main hand (will use your highest attribute).
- Range: 1.5m
- Recharge: Once Per Turn
- Sneak Attack scaling by Level:
- Level 1-2: +1d6
- Level 3-4: +2d6
- Level 5-6: +3d6
- Level 7-8: +4d6
- Level 9-10: +5d6
- Level 11-12: +6d6
How to unlock Sneak Attack (Melee)
- Can be unlocked by the following class:
- Rogue Lvl 1
- Rogue Lvl 1
Sneak Attack (Melee) Tips & Notes
- Sneak Attack is best used, not as a separate action, but when set to be triggered automatically under your character's Spellbook > Reactions tab. Here you can set conditions for the trigger. This allows you to combine Sneak Attack with Weapon Actions and other types of attacks.
- Some ways to get Advantage so your Sneak Attack can be executed:
- As of Patch #1: You can Sneak Attack with Spell Attacks requiring an Attack Roll to determine whether you hit, e.g. Shocking Grasp or Eldritch Blast. Sneak Attack damage will apply only once and you need wield a Finesse or Ranged weapon.
- For the Rogue class, you might want to consider different scenarios whether you want to equip a Dagger or a Shortsword on your main hand when using this action. Some daggers you acquire in endgame like the Bloodthirst, reduce crit requirement and also give you vulnerability to piercing, which can deal double damage. The Crimson Mischief deals an additional 1-4 piercing damage with 50% of their hit points or fewer.