Shadowheart is a Companion in Baldur's Gate 3. Companions assist the player by joining his/her party and have their own backstories and unique characteristics. They all have their own Classes and starting equipment. Companions can also be selected in the Character Creation screen allowing players to play from their point of view.
One of Shar's dark disciples, Shadowheart was sent on a suicide mission to steal an item of great power. While wrestling with her faith and strange, untamed magic, Shadowheart has enemies on all sides - and a long-buried secret to uncover
Shadowheart Video Guide
Shadowheart's Starting Equipment
Shadowheart has the following starting equipment
Shadowheart's Starting Skills
Shadowheart starts with proficiency in following Skills:
Where to find Shadowheart
- She can be found at the entrance of the Dank Crypt (Also called Abandoned Ruins). As soon as you start the Chapter One after the Prologue, head straight through the beach and you'll find her in front of the ruins.
- Note: After you learned the Speak with Dead spell, you can go back to Ravaged Beach, talk to the dead fisherman and learn more about Shadowheart.
Shadowheart Approval Guide
- Telling Shadowheart in Camp that making finding the healer your top priority rewards you with Approval
- Persuade the adventurers to leave outside of the Overgrown Ruins
- Agree with Shadowheart after fighting the undead scribes in the Dank Crypt
- Successfully make a Religion check on the Book of Dead Gods
- Successfully Deceive Lae’zel captors when she’s in her cage.
- Asking Lae’zel to say “please” before letting her out.
- Show Guex in the Druid Grove your sword fighting technique
- Persuade Zevlor and Aradin to stop fighting in Druid's Grove
- After saving Nadira from the Bugbear Assassin in the Grove, use Deception to convince her to give you the soul coin.
- Crush the Tadpole outside of the Druid Grove
- Convince the Owlbear not to kill you in its cave
- Tell Scratch (dog) that he can come to your Camp if his friend doesn't wake up.
- Decline the Devil's invitation to remove your Tadpole
- Make Novice Crusher kiss your foot in the Goblin Camp
- Resist during the first Dream sequence.
- Fight the fake god Boooal in THE FESTERING COVE.
- When the player emulates the roar of a mind flayer while talking to Lorin.
- Telling the follows of True Soul Edowin to leave.
- Either passing an Animal Handling check on the frightened Boar or telling it to calm down
- Prevent the Tieflings from killing the caged Goblin Sazza, because she's worth more information alive
- Join Lae'Zal against the Tieflings if you Persuade them to free her.
- Agree to help Wyll save the refugees in the Druid Grove
- Tell Auntie Ethel you have a tadpol in your head at the Druid Grove
- Try to persuade the goblin guard outside the Goblin Camp
- Help Auntie Ethel when she's confronted by Johl and Demir
- Smear dung on your face when Sentinel Olak askes you to
- Shadowheart has a rivalry attitude towards Lae'zel, heed to Lae'zel's advice will upset her.
- Telling her she's hiding something in Camp conversation will result in her displeasure.
- If you choose to walk in on the two trolls having sex in the Blighted Village.
- Tell Raphael you would do anything to remove the tadpole.
- Insist on helping Mayrina when talking to Auntie Ethel at her house.
Shadowheart Tips and Notes
- As a half-elf, Shadowheart has Dark Vision. Switch your controlling character to her when you explore caves, ruins, or other dark places!