Wood Half-Elf is a Subrace of Half-Elf in Baldur's Gate 3. Wood Half-Elves have the ability to gain Mask of the Wild as a subracial bonus. While creating your Character in Baldur's Gate 3, you can choose between 8 different types of Races. Each of them has their special characteristics and some of them have Sub-Races which provide different Features and Traits.
- BG3 Full Game Note: In the full launch of Baldur's Gate 3, Ability Score Points for Races that were present in Early Access are removed. And instead, Ability Score Points in the full game correspond with the Class players will choose.
Like their wood elf parent, these half-elves have a quickened stride and eye for stealth. Yet many break away from isolation in Faerun's forests to explore the rest of the Realms.
Wood Half-Elf Traits in Baldur's Gate 3
BG3 Half-Elf Features
- Base Racial Speed: Move up to 9m per turn.
- Civil Militia: Proficiency with Spears, Pikes, Halberds, and Glaives, Light Armour and Shield.
- Fey Ancestry: Advantage onSaving Throws against beingCharmed, and magic can't put you tosleep.
- Darkvision: See in the dark up to 12 m.
Wood Half-Elf Tips & Notes
- During Early Access, the Wood Half-Elf race used to feature +2 Charisma and another +2 Ability points of their choice. This has been changed in the full launch of BG3 and the Ability Score points are now associated with the Class that players will choose.
- Unlike Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, Wood Half-Elves do not gain proficiency in two skills of their choice or proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow from Skill Versatility and Elf Weapon Training respectively.