The Wizard of Waterdeep
The Wizard of Waterdeep is a Companion Quest in Baldur's Gate 3. The Wizard of Waterdeep can be acquired from Gale during Chapter One of the first Act. Completing The Wizard of Waterdeep will progress Gale story forward.
The Wizard of Waterdeep Objectives
Continue travelling with Gale
A wizard named Gale joined the party. He claims to have been on the Nautiloid - which means he's infected too.
Find magic items for Gale.
Gale has told us he needed to consume the Weave of powerful magic items - or a great catastrophe would occur.
Gale told us about his romance with the goddess Mystra - and the destructive Netherese orb inside him. Only powerful magic items will keep it stable.
The Idol of Silvanus contains enough Weave for Gale to use.
The strange book we found -'The Necromancy of Thay' - has enough Weave to interest Gale.
The Sword of Justice has enough Weave for Gale to consume.
There's enough Weave in the Iron Flask to interest Gale.
The Staff of Crones is powerful - there's enough Weave in it to interest Gale.
The Shadow of Menzoberranzan - found at Myconid Colony
We gave Gale an artefact to absorb, but he still needs more.
Continue travelling with Gale.
We gave another artefact to Gale. He says that should be enough - for now.
The Wizard of Waterdeep Walkthrough
- After a few days of traveling with Gale, one night at camp he will explain to you his situation, and asks you to acquire uncommon magical items for him to consume.
- You can find Amulet of Selûne's Chosen at Shattered Sanctum (Quest Save the Refugees)
- You can find The Necromancy of Thay at Blighted Village (Quest Search the Cellar)
- You can find Idol of Silvanus at Druid Grove (Quest Steal the Sacred Idol)
- You can find Sword of Justice at The Risen Road (Quest Hunt the Devil)
- You can find Iron Flask at The Risen Road (Quest Find the Missing Shipment)
- You can find Staff of Crones at Sunlit Wetlands (Quest Save Mayrina)
- You can find Shadow of Menzoberranzan at Underdark (Quest Protect the Myconid Circle)
- You can find Disintegrating Night Walkers at the Grymforge (Quest Free True Soul Nere)
How to unlock The Wizard of Waterdeep
- Gale joins your party.
The Wizard of Waterdeep Rewards
The Wizard of Waterdeep Notes & Tips
- Notes & tips go here
|Companion Quests in Baldur's Gate 3|
Nothing on this page either about the consequences of ignoring Gale’s request. If ignored long enough Gale will tell us not to worry about it and that he took care of it. I don’t remember the specifics and there are no further consequences in EA, but he made a deal with Raphael.
The Disintegrating Night Walkers dropped by Nere are also able to be used by Gale.
Be cautious with giving him these powerful items. I accidentally gave him the sword of justice and now I am not seeing a way to get it back.
Gale needs to die to continue his quest.
is there a way to duplicate artifacts? I want to feed him a ton and see if something happens.
and he keeps consuming all the artefacts we give to him? forever? D: