Short Rest is a mechanic in Baldur's Gate 3. Short Rest can be used when out of combat to recover hit points, some spells and other features that recharge on a Short Rest. This mechanic can normally only by used twice per day and players will need to take a Long Rest to reset the cooldown.
Short Rest in Baldur's Gate 3
- Using a Short Rest is the best way to recover hit points and Spells to continue with your adventures and engage in new fights without needing to retreat from the area.
- You can only use 2 Short Rests before using a Long Rest after which all uses of Short Rest will be restored. The Song of Rest feature allows Bards to add another Short Rest for a total of 3. When using a Short Rest, 15 minutes of in-game time will pass.
- Perform a Short Rest by interacting with the Short Rest icon on the top right part of the screen, right of the minimap.
What is Recovered with Short Rest?
- Each party member heals for half their Hit Points maximum, rounded down.
- All Weapon Actions
- Bard: Bardic Inspirations (with Font of Inspiration at Level 5)
- Cleric: Channel Divinity Charges
- Druid: Wild Shape, Natural Recovery (Circle of Land)
- Fighter: Second Wind, Action Surge, Superiority Dice (Battle Master)
- Monks: Ki Points
- Paladin: Channel Oath Charges
- Ranger: Summon Companion (Beast Master)
- Warlock: Pact Magic Spell Slots, Misty Escape (Archfey), Dark One's Own Luck (The Fiend)
- Wizard: Arcane Recovery