OVERGROWN TUNNEL is a location in Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3). On this page, you can find the information about the map, quests, enemies, notable items and other useful tips about OVERGROWN TUNNEL.
OVERGROWN TUNNEL Map
Notes & Tips
Inside the Overgrown Tunnel, there's a portal that can teleport you to the Underdark.
- In the old hag's basement, there are multiple people down here trapped. You can cast the Speak with Dead spell to learn some of the stories of Ethel's past. To open the Gnarled Door, persuasion won't help, you need to pick up the Whispering masks on the ground and put them on. (Remember to take it off afterward, or you will be controlled by the hag.) Or, if you succeed in a hidden Arcane check, you will notice that the door is not real, and can simply be walked through. If you killed the old hag and come back, you will see some of them have had recovered their sanity.
- Ethel is waiting at the Ancient Abode. Although she now restored full health, it's actually very easy to kill her. Just sneak behind her and push her over the cliff:
- If you want to fight Auntie Ethel fair and square, be careful that she will clone herself three times making it difficult to know which one is real. Dealing a little bit of damage to a clone will destroy it. (Only the real one has debuffs on.)
- Shortly after Ethel's first cloning, she'll pull Mayrina from the cage and clone herself as Mayrina. The real Mayrina will say that she's not Ethel.
- The last time Ethel clones herself, she may turn invisible. You can see her dash to one spot where no clone appears. This is how you know that’s where she is invisible. She’ll likely stay in this spot until her invisibility buff is over. You can take advantage of this or use an AoE skill or arrow to reveal her.
- If you manage to kill Ethel with enough damage, she won't have an opportunity to beg for her life. This will lead to a disappointed Mayrina because of a deal she had with Ethel. However, if you get Auntie Ethel to around 10 health and then end your turn, she’ll try to convince you to let her go. She promises you any kind of power you'd like in exchange for Mayrina and letting her go. (Succeed in persuasion or intimation and you can have both.)
- Taking the power option will give you an item called Auntie Ethel's Hair that you can eat.
- Loot the hag's workshop, there are plenty of valuables (including an Uncommon amulet - The Ever-seeing Eye, and a rare staff - Staff of Crones). Among these treasures, there's a wand called Bitter Divorce that can raise the undead.
- Auntie Ethel