Mattis is an NPC and a Merchant in Baldur's Gate 3. Mattis can be found at the Druid Grove. He is a Tiefling child that proclaims to sell invaluable goods. There is a massive amount of NPCs in Baldur's Gate 3, and their ideals, needs and way of living are strictly related to the actions they perform during the course of the game. Their attitude towards you and your party may be affected by the deeds and decisions you and your party taken on.
Where to find Mattis
Can be found at:
Mattis Related Quests
Mattis Dialogue Options
Mattis is a Tiefling child that sells Rings, that according to him are lucky rings but actually have no real power. In addition to these rings, Mattis also sells assorted miscellaneous junk items. Unique items will not refresh if previously purchased.
- Ring of Being Really Invisible - Unique Item (No effect)
- Ring of Resistance to Ants - Unique Item (No effect)
- Ring of Infinite Wishes - Unique Item (No effect)
- Ring of the Lekinesus - Unique Item (No effect)
- Clam Shell
- Ink Pot
- Thieves' Tools
- Tarbell's Guide to Distractions
Mattis is a scam artist, and tries to scam you into buying one of his rings.
Mattis General Information
Base speed: 9m
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Mattis Passive Features
- Your blood protects you from flame, abyssal or otherwise. You have resistance to Fire and take only half damage from it.
- Automatically attack an enemy moving out of your reach. This uses a Reaction.
- You can see in the dark up to 12m.
Mattis Notable Loot
Mattis Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips
Bards can also do slight of hand trick. It also gave inspiration to myself (entertainer) and to shadow heart while she was in my party (version 8)
rangers can also do the sleight of hand
Did anyone succeed the perception test when you give the ring back and what does it do?
He also gives you the lucky ring for free if you ask him to flip the coin for like 10 or so times in a row.
You have additional options as a Rogue relating to his dialogue. You can attempt to vanish the ring using slight of hand.