Magic Initiate: Warlock is a Feats in Baldur's Gate 3. Feats are special talents or expertises that provide special capabilities to characters. At certain levels, your character will get to choose between an Ability Score Improvement Feature or a Feat.
Magic Initiate: Warlock Information
- You learn 2 cantrips and a Level 1 spell from the warlock spell list. You can cast the Level 1 spell once per Long Rest. Your Spellcasting Ability for all 3 spells is Charisma.
- Class Feature
How to Unlock Magic Initiate: Warlock
You'll need to fulfill the following requirements to unlock Magic Initiate: Warlock
- All Classes at Level 4
Magic Initiate: Warlock Tips & Notes
- This feat is useful for those who have a high charisma score and want the warlock's Eldritch Blast cantrip, but don't wish to take a level in the warlock class.
- Taking the magic initiate feat for any class can be a valuable investment since cantrips scale based on character level, not class level.
- For example, a level 5 warlock character and a level 4 paladin/level 1 bard multiclass character are both considered level 5 characters. If the paladin/bard character took the Magic Initiate: Warlock feat to take the Eldritch Blast cantrip, then they get the cantrip's upgraded version, like a level 5 warlock, at character level 5. (Note: Cantrips upgrade at character levels 5 & 10, with Eldritch Blast getting two beams at level 5, and three beams at level 10)
- The bonus spell is automatically prepared for Classes that have to prepare spells like Wizards/Clerics. The bonus spell also scales with higher-level spell slots.