Lae'zel is a Companion in Baldur's Gate 3. Companions assist the player by joining his/her party and have their own backstories and unique characteristics. They all have their own Classes and starting equipment. Companions can also be selected in the Character Creation screen allowing players to play from their point of view.
Lae'zel is a consummate warrior, ferocious even by the standards of a githyanki creche. Faced with transforming into the very monster she has sworn to destroy, Lae'zel must prove herself worthy of rejoining her people - if they do not execute her first.
Lae'zel's Starting Equipment
Lae'zel has the following Starting Equipment
Lae'zel's starting Skills
Lae'zel starts with proficiency in following Skills:
Where to find Lae'zel
- You'll find her for the first time during the Prologue aboard the Nautiloid. After completing the first section of the ship, while you are walking outside she will jump over you just before the first fight.
- She will leave your party at the end of the Prologue and must be recruited again. To do this, you must explore the starting area near the Cathedral Ruins until you find her being held prisoner. Free her to recruit her for your party.
- Should you set camp before encountering Lae'zel, she will free herself and attempt to find her kin on her own. As a result, she can be found dead near the Githyanki raiders.
Lae'zel Approval Guide
- Show Guex in the Druid Grove your sword fighting technique (Athletics check).
- Attacking the mercenary you save in the druid grove while he is arguing with Zevlor.
- Talk to the bird in the Druid Grove by using Speak with Animals and intimidate it. (Charisma check).
- Convince Zorru, in the Druid Grove, to kneel.
- Choose to attack Taman and Gimblelock in dialogue outside the Crypt.
- When talking to Zevlor the first time inside the Druid Grove, tell him you're sorry but you have no time to help him.
- During dialogue with Lae'zel, after she describes ceremorphosis, tell her you will find a cure.
- If Kagha's snake kills Arabella, tell her "She was just protecting her own." in dialogue afterwards.
- After Arabella dies, tell Rath she deserved her faith because she stole the idol.
- Swear to Nettie you will take the poison.
- Crush the Tadpole outside of the Druid Grove.
- Decline the Devil's invitation to remove your Tadpole.
- Respond to Volo in the Goblin Camp with "-"
- Make Novice Crusher kiss your foot in the Goblin Camp.
- Resist during the first dream sequence.
- Cruel behaviors.
- Calm down the boar near where you recruit Astarion.
- Fight the fake god Boooal in THE FESTERING COVE.
- Allowing her to speak to her githyanki brothers/sisters
- When the player emulates the roar of a mind flayer while talking to Lorin.
- Acknowledge how valuable the K'liir library is.
- Drink from the well in the Putrid Bog (Quest: Save Mayrina)
- Kill the Owlbear cub and its parent
- Reassure Lae'zel in the Camp that she will survive and please Vlaakith
- Convince the Owlbear not to kill you in its cave
- In the crypt, agreeing with Shadowheart, questioning the need of possessions for the dead.
- Convince Arka to spare Sazza by stepping in front of the crossbow.
- At Camp, agreeing with Shadowheart that the first priority is to find a healer.
- Try to persuade the goblin guard outside the Goblin Camp
- Smear dung on your face when Sentinel Olak askes you to
- Lae'zel has a rivalry attitude towards Shadowheart, heed to Shadowheart's advice will upset her.
- Sympathetic behaviors.
- Disapproves if you succeed in the persuasion check to stop Kagha from imprisoning the child.
- Find the evidence of Kagha working with Shadow Druids and expose her. (Quest Save the refugees)
- Bring Mayrina back home (Quest: Save Mayrina)
- Make a deal with Auntie Ethel to remove the Tadpole from your brain (Quest: Get Help from Auntie Ethel)
Lae'zel Tips and Notes
- First Blood of the Absolute build
She is dressed to be a shock troop for this build. She softens the enemy and can take hits. Use her Shield of Faith and her Color Spray every fight you can. (Unless you only use Absolute's Warboard and only have the Shield of Faith 1/short rest.)
- Helmet (metal)
- Githyanki Half Plate
- Gloves of Power (Branded)
- Metallic Boots
- Shortsword of First Blood and Absolute's Warboard (Branded)
- Once you've expended the warboard, switch to Sword of Justice
- Neck: Absolute's Talisman (Branded probably, Healing) Ring: Sunwalker's Gift (Scouting) Ring: Ring of Colour Spray (Defense)
- Any Heavy Crossbow +1 like the Githyanki Crossbow
- Lae'zel can make a suitable candidate for Eldritch Knight, if given the Warped Headband of Intellect.