High Half-Elf is a Subrace of Half-Elf in Baldur's Gate 3. High Half-Elf have Charisma +2 and +2 Ability score points to spend as the player sees fit in any of the other five Abilities as racial bonuses and also gain 1 High-Elf cantrip as a subracial bonus. While creating your Character in Baldur's Gate 3, you can choose between 8 different types of Races. Each of them has their special characteristics and some of them have Sub-Races which provide different Features and Traits.
A touch of the Feywild remains in half-elves with this bloodline, and even those untrained in magic possess a hint of wild power.
High Half-Elf Traits:
- Base Racial Speed: The distance you move per turn is 9 m.
- High Elf Cantrip: You know one cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it. You can select one of the following:
- Acid Splash: Hurl a bubble of acid that deals 1d6 Acid to each creature it hits.
- Blade Ward: Gain resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage from weapon attacks.
- Chill Touch: Assail a creature with the chill of the grave. It takes 1d8 Necrotic and cannot regain hit points. Undead creatures also get disadvantage on attack rolls.
- Dancing Lights: Create wisps of light that illuminate a 12m radius.
- Fire Bolt: Hurl a mote of fire that deals 1d6 Fire and creates a flammable surface.
- Friends: Enchant a non-hostile creature to gain advantage on Charisma checks agianst it.
- Light: Infuse an objet with an aura of light.
- Mage Hand: Create a spectral hand that can manipulate and interact with objects.
- Minor Illusion: Create an illusory image that distracts nearby creatures, complelling them to investigate.
You can remain hidden while casting this spell.
- Poison Spray: Project a puff of noxious gas that deals 1d12 Poison.
- Ray of Frost: Call forth a frigid beam of blue-white light. Deals 1d8 Cold and reduces the targe's speed by 3m.
- Shocking Grasp: Lightning springs from your hand. It deal 1d8 Lightning and prevents the target from taking reactions.
Inflicts Shocking Grasp
- True Strike: Divine a character's defences to give you advantage on attack rolls against it.
- Ability Improvements: +2 Ability points to spend as the player sees fit between Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence and Wisdom.
- Fey Ancestry: The Feywild casts a veil over your mind. You have advantage on saving throws against being Charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
- Charisma +2.
- Darkvision: This creature can see in the dark within 12 m.