High Half-Elf is a Subrace of Half-Elf in Baldur's Gate 3. High Half-Elf has the ability to gain gain 1 Half-Elf cantrip as a subracial bonus. While creating your Character in Baldur's Gate 3, you can choose between 11 different types of Races. Each of them has their special characteristics and some of them have Sub-Races which provide different Features and Traits.
- BG3 Full Game Note: In the full launch of Baldur's Gate 3, Ability Score Points for Races that were present in Early Access are removed. And instead, Ability Score Points in the full game correspond with the Class players will choose.
A touch of the Feywild remains in half-elves with this bloodline, and even those untrained in magic possess a hint of wild power.
High Half-Elf Traits:
- High Elf Cantrip: Know one Cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list using Intelligence as the spellcasting ability:
- Acid Splash: Hurl a bubble of acid that deals 1d6 Acid to each creature it hits.
- Blade Ward: Gain resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage from weapon attacks.
- Bone Chill: Assail a creature with the chill of the grave. It takes 1d8 Necrotic and cannot regain hit points. Undead creatures also get disadvantage on attack rolls.
- Dancing Lights: Create wisps of light that illuminate a 12m radius.
- Fire Bolt: Hurl a mote of fire that deals 1d6 Fire and creates a flammable surface.
- Friends: Enchant a non-hostile creature to gain advantage on Charisma checks against it.
- Light: Infuse an object with an aura of light.
- Mage Hand: Create a spectral hand that can manipulate and interact with objects.
- Minor Illusion: Create an illusory image that distracts nearby creatures, compelling them to investigate.
You can remain hidden while casting this spell.
- Poison Spray: Project a puff of noxious gas that deals 1d12 Poison.
- Ray of Frost: Call forth a frigid beam of blue-white light. Deals 1d8 Cold and reduces the target's speed by 3m.
- Shocking Grasp: Lightning springs from your hand. It deals 1d8 Lightning and prevents target taking reactions.
- True Strike: Divine a character's defences to give you advantage on attack rolls against it.
- Base Racial Speed: Move up to 9m per turn.
- Civil Militia: Proficiency with Spears, Pikes, Halberds, and Glaives, Light Armour and Shield.
- Fey Ancestry: Advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can't put you to Sleep.
- Darkvision: See in the dark up to 12 m.
High Half-Elf Tips & Notes
- During Early Access, the High Half-Elf race used to feature +2 Charisma and another +2 Ability points of their choice. This has been changed in the full launch of BG3 and the Ability Score points are now associated with the Class that players will choose.