Light: Infuse an object with an aura of light.
Guiding Light is one of the available Rings in Baldur's Gate 3. In BG3, there are two types of Accessories, Rings or Amulets. Once equipped, these Accessories may give the character certain bonuses, such as new Spells, resistance against certain kinds of damage, bonus AC, an increase to an Ability Score or more.
Used by the previous owner to access both the Underdark's darkest corners and her own basement, this ring seems to reflect light where there should be none.
Guiding Light Information
- Weight: 0.05 Kg.
- Value: 380 Gp.
Guiding Light Location & Where to Find
- Location: Arcane Tower. Bernard loot, or on the table if give the right answer to Bernard.
You can command Bernard, the automaton, with the following answers:
- "Or art thou friend, a rescue from my lonely wake?". Bernard turns friendly.
- "How can I trust? How will I ever Know? / How can I show myself, my darkest me?". Bernard puts the ring on the table.
- "There is a light in every living thing. /It's crawling t'wards the surface to survive". Bernard turns hostile.
- "The silence stretches on - I'm all alone. / Please, can I hold your hands, for just a while?". Bernard gives you a hug.
To unlock these answers in the dialogue, you must read the books in the Arcane Tower, particularly "The Road to Darkness" and "Threadbare Book". The Road to Darkness is one floor below where Bernard is located, and Threadbare Book is three floors below.
- Dropped by: Barnard
Guiding Light Notes & Tips
- Equipping the Guiding Light ring and walking back to the elevator while at the top level of the Arcane Tower reveals a button leading to a secret basement level that has a diary belonging to the owner of the tower as well as a powerful Staff of Arcane Blessing.