Bards, paladins, sorcerers and warlocks use Charisma as their spellcasting ability - the likelihood spells will land.
- Bards, paladins, sorcerers and warlocks use Charisma as their spellcasting ability - the likelihood spells will land.
A Charisma check might arise when you try to influence or entertain others, when you try to make an impression or tell a convincing lie, or when you are navigating a tricky social situation. The Deception, Intimidation, Performance, and Persuasion Skills reflect aptitude in certain kinds of Charisma checks
- Deception: Your Charisma (Deception) check determines whether you can convincingly hide the truth, either verbally or through your actions. This deception can encompass everything from misleading others through ambiguity to telling outright lies. Typical situations include trying to fast-talk a guard, con a merchant, earn money through gambling, pass yourself off in a disguise, dull someone’s suspicions with false assurances, or maintain a straight face while telling a blatant lie.
- Intimidation: When you attempt to influence someone through overt threats, hostile actions, and physical violence, the game can make a Charisma (Intimidation) check. Examples include trying to pry information out of a prisoner, convincing street thugs to back down from a confrontation, or using the edge of a broken bottle to convince a sneering vizier to reconsider a decision.
- Performance: Your Charisma (Performance) check determines how well you can delight an audience with music, dance, acting, storytelling, or some other form of entertainment.
- Persuasion: When you attempt to influence someone or a group of people with tact, social graces, or good nature, the game can make a Charisma (Persuasion) check. Typically, you use Persuasion when acting in good faith, to foster friendships, make cordial requests, or exhibit proper etiquette. Examples of persuading others include convincing a chamberlain to let your party see the king, negotiating peace between warring tribes, or inspiring a crowd of townsfolk.
- Other Charisma Checks:
- Find the best person to talk to for news, rumors, and gossip.
- Blend into a crowd to get the sense of key topics of conversation
Charisma Tips & Notes
In Other Languages
- Español (España): Carisma