You increase one Ability by 2, or two Abilities by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Ability Improvements is a Feats in Baldur's Gate 3. Feats are special talents or expertises that provide special capabilities to characters. At certain levels, your character will get to choose between an Ability Score Improvement Feature or a Feat.
Ability Improvements Information
- You increase one Ability by 2, or two Abilities by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- Ability Improvement allows you to assign two ability points however you want in your six abilities. This is particularly good because characters gain a lot from increasing the ability modifier of whatever they use primarily.
- It will also increase the difficulty class of your spells that target enemy abilities by one.
- In the case of Dexterity, you'll get an increase in your attack rolls, an increase in your damage rolls, an increase in your initiative, an increase in your Armor Class, an increase in your Dexterity saving throws (which a lot of AOE spells target), and an increase in your Dexterity skill checks, which are Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, and Stealth.
- You can only take any one ability score up to 20 using this Feat, even though you can get higher than 20 using items.
How to unlock Ability Improvements
You'll need to fulfill the following requirements to unlock Ability Improvements
- All Classes at Level 4
Ability Improvements Tips & Notes
- For instance, if you are a Warlock, your primary ability is going to be Charisma. Increasing your ability by plus one will give you plus one to your Eldritch Blast attack rolls, plus one to your Eldritch Blast damage rolls (if you have Agonizing Blast, which most Warlocks will take), plus one to your Charisma saving throws, as well as plus one to your dialogue checks when using Deception, Persuasion, Performance, or Intimidation
- Ability Score Improvements are bound to class level, not character level. There are some classes such as Fighter Level 6 and Rogue Level 10 that can get ASI/Feat as their class feature, in addition to the Level 4, Level 8, and Level 12 Feats.
- Notes & Tips go here